Apartment Hunting

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Looking to move into a new apartment by summer and was curious if anyone knows any good websites to look on?

I have been checking craigslist and other sites but I'm trying to be careful not to get scammed.

Also I have a pit bull mix and a lot of places do not want to rent to someone with a large breed dog, any tips on how to find dog friendly places?

Thanks!

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Back in the day I had great luck with Craigslist, you'll have to do a little extra digging to make sure the places are legit but that's where I found a ton of options. Otherwise most of the larger apartment complexes will have websites on their own, or apartments.com

Good luck sir!

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
when i found mine me and my gf simply looked up on google "apartments in X city" depending on how large your city is you will get quite a few results. Just have to go to the place and check it out

HardB0iled

HardB0iled

Awards
  • Established
Looking to move into a new apartment by summer and was curious if anyone knows any good websites to look on? I have been checking craigslist and other sites but I'm trying to be careful not to get scammed. Also I have a pit bull mix and a lot of places do not want to rent to someone with a large breed dog, any tips on how to find dog friendly places? Thanks!
I have a few rental properties and only rent through Craigslist. The ads should specify if it is dog/cat friendly. Personally, I do not allow dogs in any of my units for liability reasons. Insurance companies audit rental policies frequently and will raise rates, if they even continue coverage at all. (Had it happen the one time I made an exception.)

I don't think you have to worry about getting scammed through CL, but if you would like to rent my 12,000 sqft mansion with a butler and maid included for the low price of $995/ month please send first, last & security via a wire transfer to my account in Nigeria. I will send you the lease agreement once I receive payment. ??

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Greystar.com

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys for the suggestions! Anyone have any experience with buying mobile homes?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I usually rent out my units using Craig's List.