Why do people think steroids = insecurity?

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
Why do you think this is?

Why can someone be dedicated to diet and training, just as much as a natty, but the moment they take a drug they're insecure?

Warthog13

Awards
I haven't done steroids and certainly don't think that people that do are 'insecure' but I have found that people often project their shortcomings onto others.

Meaning - I've found untrustworthy people very untrusting of others so I suspect people that accuse others of being insecure are feeling insecure about something themselves.

If people have their own hangups, that's on them. Don't let it change how you feel about yourself. I know it's tough (and I don't always follow my own advice - haha) but as a great philosopher once said 'haters gonna hate'.

Swolljaboi

Awards
I just use cause I wanna get effing huge. I don't give a **** what others think of me.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
because people think of it as "cheating" even if that person thinking that doesnt lift, or the person using isnt competing in any sports

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Because people believe that a person who takes steroids isn't comfortable in their own skin and needs atypically large muscles to feel content with themselves. As if they're compensating for something.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Because people believe that a person who takes steroids isn't comfortable in their own skin and needs atypically large muscles to feel content with themselves. As if they're compensating for something.
It sounds like your statements could directly apply to transgender people, because some of them actually have themselves surgically altered to feel secure in their skins. Not to mention all the years of megadose sex steroids, which are essential to compensate for things they weren't naturally born with. Yeah?

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
People simply don't understand enough about them... It's like the whole 'roof rage', ''shrinking dink', 'death'.

It's the media, so as soon as someone starts its all negative criticism from others.

I just don't tell people, only very close friends and family.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
People simply don't understand enough about them... It's like the whole 'roof rage', ''shrinking dink', 'death'. It's the media, so as soon as someone starts its all negative criticism from others. I just don't tell people, only very close friends and family.
I remember some girl asking me if I was on, I was on cycle, and I replied , "why don't you go in my pants and find out". Other variations= feel my bawls/d1xkk lol ftw

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
I remember some girl asking me if I was on, I was on cycle, and I replied , "why don't you go in my pants and find out". Other variations= feel my bawls/d1xkk lol ftw
Lol wish I had the balls to do that ;)

Tigers333

Awards
They are only insecure themselves. It's hard to understand difference when you see yourself as the protagonist.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
They are only insecure themselves. It's hard to understand difference when you see yourself as the protagonist.
Yes, but why is this the status quo? Whenever envy or fear fuels the insecurity, the protagonist is also a villain. He can pretend to play the hero, but his hypocrisy inevitably betrays him. Is this truly the most desirable role?!

It's futile to see yourself in another man, or desire his existence. Whether you persecute him in fear, or play the anti-hero for his cause in envy, does that really eliminate your insecurities? Perhaps it seems so, in a relative, temporal way, but you are still no better in the end.

There is a simple solution, my friend. Become what you desire, and insecurities will vanish from your thoughts.

Bigdeputy

Bigdeputy

Awards
People simply don't understand enough about them... It's like the whole 'roof rage', ''shrinking dink', 'death'.

It's the media, so as soon as someone starts its all negative criticism from others.

I just don't tell people, only very close friends and family.
I agree the media has a lot to do with it. And it boils down to simple jealousy.