I am a new here, still groping around

Jocaflo

Jocaflo

Awards
Hello everyone

I don't know exactly where to post this.

I'm newbie, but I am not really young. I'm Brazilian, perhaps I am the only Brazilian on here?

I'm 62 and I have been bodybuilding for about one year. In the last four months with a personal trainer.

Because of my age, progress is slow, but I don't want to give up.

My main goals is to improve my posture and to gain weight and muscle.

I am quite thin and weight gain has always been an issue for me.

Any advice or words of encouragement are welcome. I can also answer any question you feel like making.

Sorry for my faulty English.

Bye everyone.

José

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your English is better than a lot here. :)

Welcome to AM Jose. I don't know if you're the oldest here, but you are among a lot of seasoned lifters.

You sound like you have the drive, all you need now is lots of food. lol

I don't normally talk hormones with (semi-)newcomers to lifting, but do you take any testosterone replacement therapy? It might be something you'd want to look into being a hard gainer and just getting started in your 60's.

You're still young for lifting standards. Heck, I just saw a video of a 76yo pulling 585 (https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1033296396697590)

Hit us/me up if you have any specific questions, and if you decide to log your training or nutrition post up a link in here so I can follow.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Welcome to our big happy family! :)

Jocaflo

Jocaflo

Awards
Thanks for the welcome. I wish you were saying the truth about my English: it may look good when written, but wait until the moment when I speak out, lol.

Lots of food? That is also a problem with me. For all my life I have been eating like a bird, so they say here. It seems I can't manage a large amount of food. My daughter, 17, actually eats more than me, lol. But at least I try to always have three meals a day and am quite selective about what I put on my plate. I'll take your advice, though, and try to increase gradually my intake.

No, not any Testosterone Replacement Therapy. Not until this day, but I think I will need a doctor for that. I don't think I can do it on my own, right?

Since I joined the group, I have been talking with Brundel and he has kindly advised me to take two different supplements. Well, this is going to be the first way for me to follow. If no results, I may resort to the testosterone. Did you ever try it? What do you have to want about it?

LOL, I was impressed by that video, so was my wife. Thanks for sharing. I really don't need to be that strong, although I would never dismiss anyone who desires and strives to be so. I just want to grow a little more muscular, so that I can feel good about myself. I may sound a little vain, but it's also a question of health. As we age, we need more muscles, don't we?

I have no experience with logs, so maybe for the time being I will post my questions and updates, ok? Thanks you for all the suggestions, anyway.

Cheers,

José.

Jocaflo

Jocaflo

Awards
Thank you, puccah. I hope to be become a meaningful member of the family.:wavey:

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the welcome. I wish you were saying the truth about my English: it may look good when written, but wait until the moment when I speak out, lol. Lots of food? That is also a problem with me. For all my life I have been eating like a bird, so they say here. It seems I can't manage a large amount of food. My daughter, 17, actually eats more than me, lol. But at least I try to always have three meals a day and am quite selective about what I put on my plate. I'll take your advice, though, and try to increase gradually my intake. No, not any Testosterone Replacement Therapy. Not until this day, but I think I will need a doctor for that. I don't think I can do it on my own, right? Since I joined the group, I have been talking with Brundel and he has kindly advised me to take two different supplements. Well, this is going to be the first way for me to follow. If no results, I may resort to the testosterone. Did you ever try it? What do you have to want about it? LOL, I was impressed by that video, so was my wife. Thanks for sharing. I really don't need to be that strong, although I would never dismiss anyone who desires and strives to be so. I just want to grow a little more muscular, so that I can feel good about myself. I may sound a little vain, but it's also a question of health. As we age, we need more muscles, don't we? I have no experience with logs, so maybe for the time being I will post my questions and updates, ok? Thanks you for all the suggestions, anyway. Cheers, José.
I have not used any testosterone nor anything hormonal, but I'd definitely recommend going through a doctor (endocrinologist) if that route is explored.

Brundel is a very knowledgable guy. He may have something that could help you with your goals.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to look and/or feel better.

I would definitely work harder on the food. No matter what you take to help you, or how hard you train, without proper nutrition and enough calories muscle just will not grow. To some extent we all have had to retrain our calorie intake; whether it's fewer or more, or even cleaner...

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing and hearing about your progress

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Welcome !

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Welcome Jocaflo ! This is a great place to be :)

Tigers333

Awards
I love how you didn't let anyone slow you down from achieving what you wanted. Welcome