hunger? Could there be a medical reason?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
For nearly most my life I have been plagued with hunger , it doesn't matter how many calories I eat whether it's a surplus or deficiency I'm always hungry 24 /7... As a child I was fairly overweight and all the medical testing that was done led to no results. I have also not been able to find anything that decreases the hunger so I'm wondering if there are possibilities that there could in fact be something medical related

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Few neurological causes as well, while I was put on an SSRI my appetite vanished in a week (though in some cases these kinds of meds increase it)

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
I'm the same and it sucks when dieting the most! I can eat a huge meal, be full and bloated for maybe an hour tops... Then want to eat again.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Hunger and cravings are quite separate and the body is perfectly capable of craving something EVEN if they are not actually hungry. Overcoming it unfortunately, is not very easy...

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It sucked terribly...
Really?. I feel amazing when I eat low carb. Better mood, better sleep, more energy, less gas. Everything is just better. I may loose a tiny bit of strength but that is easily overcome by eating more.

When I eat carbs regularly my hunger is pretty much out of control. I don't consider it real hunger though and only "hormonal hunger". I have to eat at least every 2 hours or I get dizzy, light headed and weak. Stomach problems with increased gas, mood is all over the place. Doesn't even matter the type of carb. So called "slow carbs" or straight glucose gives all the same reaction. Screw carbs. I can carb up every 4 weeks or so and be perfectly fine. A day or two of carbs is nice to get over the monotony of low carb eating. Still get the "side effects" of eating carbs on carb ups but I can deal with it for a day or two but that's it...

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I think im going to try and run the anabolic diet again with a higher fiber count..

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have also experienced all these positive effects of keto. Once my body was fat adapted it was much more preferable. I recently went back to carbs and felt like S**t, plus my appetite skyrocketed. Now I back to anabolic diet, mostly no carb, and I'm feeling much better and the high fats keep me full. Most people are afraid of fats on low carb... You can't be.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have also experienced all these positive effects of keto. Once my body was fat adapted it was much more preferable. I recently went back to carbs and felt like S**t, plus my appetite skyrocketed. Now I back to anabolic diet, mostly no carb, and I'm feeling much better and the high fats keep me full. Most people are afraid of fats on low carb... You can't be.
Yeah I went off for a while too. Sometimes I just get sick of it and say screw it and go off for a little while. I've been on and off the Metabolic Diet since 2002 and definitely feel much much better when on it.