Best Headphones for working out

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just looking for some recommendations on a good pair of ear buds that are good for working out. I could care less about sound quality. Just want some ear buds that will stay in my ear and not fall out. Any good suggestions?

jerseyswol

Awards
Find some cheap ones that wrap around the top of your ear (the sport style ones). They won't fall out when you workout or run.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I grabbed SONY wireless headphones from Walgreens. Sound is fine, surely not THE BEST though. I had a tendency of catching the cables on something all the time and breaking the smaller/cable buds. I will never NOT do wireless in the gym again.

EDIT:

It also helps you to not have to carry your phone around.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have August wireless headphones. They are clear and weren't that expensive.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Any other input here? I'm curious myself

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
LG Tones!!!!

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
For running jaybird bluebuds. When I lift I still prefer the klipsch S4s because of the fit and better sound imo.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
I have a set of sportz beatz (nothing to do with dre) and they have pretty good range, and stay in your ear. I will never go back to regular head phones after using wireless.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yourbuds! They fit nicely and are waterproof. Had mine with microphone for a year now

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
which specific model do you recommend?
The 100s are rather cheap and decent for a walmart buy, I have the 300s and honestly the sound quality is barely better but the microphone works great for calls while on the go. You cant go wrong with either!

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The 100s are rather cheap and decent for a walmart buy, I have the 300s and honestly the sound quality is barely better but the microphone works great for calls while on the go. You cant go wrong with either!
gotcha. went to the local best buy and all they had available were the 200. bought them earlier today and used it for the first time while doing a HIIT Sprint workout. They were amazing and never fell off! Great headphones for sprinting and working out!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
gotcha. went to the local best buy and all they had available were the 200. bought them earlier today and used it for the first time while doing a HIIT Sprint workout. They were amazing and never fell off! Great headphones for sprinting and working out!
Oh hellz yea! They make it easy to ignore others as well

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
These are the Focus 100's? Around the ear

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh hellz yea! They make it easy to ignore others as well
yes sir! I've been through a lot of headphones for sprinting, and these are hands down the best for said activity!

Chrisehyoung

Chrisehyoung

Awards
Been using the Yurbuds Inspire 200s for a little over a month now. Sound quality is good enough and they never fall out. Picked them up half price for $15 so I can't complain. I'd buy them again.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Been using the Yurbuds Inspire 200s for a little over a month now. Sound quality is good enough and they never fall out. Picked them up half price for $15 so I can't complain. I'd buy them again.
Wow $15 for bluetoooth headphones, that's great. Can't complain about that at all.

Chrisehyoung

Chrisehyoung

Awards
They aren't Bluetooth. Just a standard model. I do like the LG Tones for Bluetooth headphones though.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
monoprice is the only place i'll buy heapdhones anymore, they are like $8, they aren't wireless but i use an old school ipod for the most part at the gym so no bluetooth...they are similiar quality sound to the beats headphones i used to use

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Every single pair of Bluetooth headphones I've owned have let me down... It acts like an infrared connection for some reason... The earpiece has to actually 'see' the headphone. So if it's in my pocket, no good, in my bag... No good.

I don't like leaving my iPhone 6 plus (£800) on the floor really.

Anybody else get this?

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Every single pair of Bluetooth headphones I've owned have let me down... It acts like an infrared connection for some reason... The earpiece has to actually 'see' the headphone. So if it's in my pocket, no good, in my bag... No good. I don't like leaving my iPhone 6 plus (£800) on the floor really. Anybody else get this?
I have a pair of August ep650 Bluetooth wireless on the way. I got them for $59.72 with shipping. I will let you know how they workout. These were mentioned above and I looked into some reviews on them. We will see.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I prefer earbuds but have issues with them staying in my ear. I'm currently using BOSE IE2's and they occasionally pop out. So far, I think the KOSS Ksc-75's have been the best. They are under $20 and clip on securely for the most part. Sound is also good. But I'm always looking for something better.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
I have a pair of August ep650 Bluetooth wireless on the way. I got them for $59.72 with shipping. I will let you know how they workout. These were mentioned above and I looked into some reviews on them. We will see.
Will be useful to know. Cheers man

Chrisehyoung

Chrisehyoung

Awards
monoprice is the only place i'll buy heapdhones anymore, they are like $8, they aren't wireless but i use an old school ipod for the most part at the gym so no bluetooth...they are similiar quality sound to the beats headphones i used to use
Same here. I'm using an old iPod Shuffle at the gym. No wifi or Bluetooth for me. After smashing my old iPod Classic screen from falling out of my pocket i'm only using smaller and cheaper mp3 players from now on.

DR325

DR325

Awards
I found I had to stop wearing in-ear headphones in favor of over-the-ear, because for the life of me nothing will stay in. Plus, in-ear (for me, anyway) become very uncomfortable after a while. So I now wear a decent pair of Bose headphones and couldn't be happier. Plus, they isolate the sound so much better than ear buds, so I don't have to hear everyone's primal grunts.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I found I had to stop wearing in-ear headphones in favor of over-the-ear, because for the life of me nothing will stay in. Plus, in-ear (for me, anyway) become very uncomfortable after a while. So I now wear a decent pair of Bose headphones and couldn't be happier. Plus, they isolate the sound so much better than ear buds, so I don't have to hear everyone's primal grunts.
Buy
Other
Stereo
Equipment

:)