Chrysler 300c problems need help

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Well these past two days have blown I went to start my car and it turned on then powered down it did this two more times then it turned off. Now it wont even turn over
are there any mechanics on here or people who have had a similar problem that can help out
Here is what I have done
Checked all the fuses and connections
Got a code reader with three possible codes:
U0126
C121A
C2100
Taken the battery out and checked it
Here is what I have deduced
No power to the steering column
Key will active power and clicking noises can be heard but it will not turn on Flashing engine sign
Possible issue with the alarm as the red light blinks at me when I try to turn the car over.
That's what I get any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance

eddieaz

eddieaz

Awards
I shot a pic of your post to a friend of mine that's a mechanic. Hopefully, he'll have some insight. I'll let you know when I hear back! Sorry ot hear about the ride!

eddieaz

eddieaz

Awards
It looks like the first code has to do with your SCM (Steering Control Module). Does your steering wheel tilt and/or telescope? IF so, try moving it all the way against the dash and making the steering wheel perpendicular to the steering shaft. Then see if it works any better. Apparently, there is a connector that can become loose/corroded and lose contact.

Are you sure your battery is good? It looks like all of these codes can be because of a failing battery.

eddieaz

eddieaz

Awards
McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Thanks brother I have tried a hundred and one things I got a code last night saying I had a faulty key. I have to take it into the shop now.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
It was the key not being recognized by the alarm. 250$ fix but I found a guy to come do it vs towing it to the dealership

eddieaz

eddieaz

Awards
It was the key not being recognized by the alarm. 250$ fix but I found a guy to come do it vs towing it to the dealership
Lol. Figures! Something simple that costs you too much coin!

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Lol. Figures! Something simple that costs you too much coin!
Yea the dealership was going to charge me 400 bucks plus I was going to have to spend another 60 to tow it. Good thing cash still talks to some people this guy had my car running in ten min.

eddieaz

eddieaz

Awards
Cool! Good to hear. I'm glad it didn't cost you an arm and a leg. God is good!