To switch gyms, or to not switch gyms :\

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I am in a pickle. I currently go to an LA fitness that is 10 minutes from my house, but it is 35$ a month and I don't really like it there anymore plus it is expensive. So I have a few choices on gyms. I can go to a WoW fitness that is 10$ a month, 15 minutes away from my house, but it is Wow fitness lol. Then I have a powerhouse gym about 25 minutes from me, that has a deal for 20$ a month (you can pay for the whole year up front). It is an all highway drive to that powerhouse to.

So I was really debating on switching to one of these but I can't figure out if the gas money would outweigh the gym membership monthly fee. What do you guys think?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
First, what is WoW fitness? And as far as counting gas, you know your car better than we do as far as mileage goes. If it was my car, I would say your current gym and powerhouse would pretty much be a wash, the cheapest option would be wow. Also, take into consideration how many days per week you will be driving to the gym

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First, what is WoW fitness? And as far as counting gas, you know your car better than we do as far as mileage goes. If it was my car, I would say your current gym and powerhouse would pretty much be a wash, the cheapest option would be wow. Also, take into consideration how many days per week you will be driving to the gym
That's true, I think with gas it might not be worth it. Wow = work out world, I'm assuming they are only up in the northeast. Its not a bad place, but not great either lol

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's true, I think with gas it might not be worth it. Wow = work out world, I'm assuming they are only up in the northeast. Its not a bad place, but not great either lol
If WoW has all the equipment you like and need and they do not give a hard time about deadlifting and squatting then I would go that route. With that said, if they are similar to planet fitness, avoid at all costs.

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
Personally, I would just stay at LA but talk to a manager about your rate. Threaten to leave. See what he can do. You'd be surprised sometimes. Money talks. I have a 24, anytime, LA and a metroflex all within 20 miles of me but I choose 24 because they have what I need/want and it's a stones throw away. That matters to me. Would I like to change places? Ya. There are a ton of idiots in this 24. Busiest 24 jn TX. I've seen it all. Totally your preference. But LA typically has nice new equipment. You're paying extra for that.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Personally, I would just stay at LA but talk to a manager about your rate. Threaten to leave. See what he can do. You'd be surprised sometimes. Money talks. I have a 24, anytime, LA and a metroflex all within 20 miles of me but I choose 24 because they have what I need/want and it's a stones throw away. That matters to me. Would I like to change places? Ya. There are a ton of idiots in this 24. Busiest 24 jn TX. I've seen it all. Totally your preference. But LA typically has nice new equipment. You're paying extra for that.
This is true. I have Optimum for my internet and TV. When I call and say the competitor is going to give me this package for this price, they will reduce the rate for the year or give a better package.