Motivation! How do you motivate yourself before a workout?

dalstar

dalstar

Awards
Whatsup everbody?! I made this post so i could get some new ideas to help my self motivation. I used to have no drive, but now that i am living a better lifestyle I am on my way to my goals. So tell me, how do you prefer to motivate yourself before a hard session at the gym? Music is my motivation!

daniel11

daniel11

Awards
  • Established
Music. Def helps.
Watch some good videos on YouTube. Usually something related to the body part in hitting. Or some Greg Plitt motivational spit. Love his stuff.
Look at old pictures of where I was and look at pictures of where I want to be.

Meditation. Dry sauna. Etc.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I listen to a lot of self help on my podcast.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Whatsup everbody?! I made this post so i could get some new ideas to help my self motivation. I used to have no drive, but now that i am living a better lifestyle I am on my way to my goals. So tell me, how do you prefer to motivate yourself before a hard session at the gym? Music is my motivation!
Hey man, there's a motivation thread posted with some good quotes in it.
Music is a huge motivation, YouTube videos cold be as well...

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
It depends on what I need motivation for. If it's for working out, then reading threads on AM, watching YouTube videos, some Instagram posts help and a good pw drink. If it's for my job (Pastor), then books, videos and sermons from other preachers. These are the only two things I really do.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I just plain love to work out............the opportunity is my motivation, Sound corny but true !

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Just go in knowing you need to kill it. Lifting heavy weights is motivation enough.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm calm before I start lifting but it's like a switch flips and I get in the mood where I want to kill / destroy everything in my path. ****ing love it.

BBWG_07

BBWG_07

Awards
I YouTube motivational music. Gets harder every year. 42 now. But the rewards seem much more satisfying the older I get. CT Fletcher is my go to!

The monk60

The monk60

Awards
Due to too much to go into, I turned half my garage into my gym. Just me and my 4 yo daughter kicking it. (She has her pink one lb weights she "presses")
I crank up tunes, Dubstep, rap, metal, whatev is fierce and that gets me going. Plus a good preworkout drink can get you cranked too. Rocking some Mesomorph currently.
I watch the motivational vids too and have posters on the walls. Plitt (RIP) does have good ones. Just keep that stuff running thru your head.
The key is to hit it even when you don't feel like it, tired, whatever. Just remind yourself, this is who I am, this is what I do.
And of course there's always the little chickie at work, store, wherever that asks "hey do you work out?" and "can you give me advice?"...the chest puffs out a little more then and you're Austin Powers "yeah baby!". Instant motivation.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My motivation is to always be ready for anything and the best way to do that is to be strong, quick, and aware. Obviously my larger goal is to be as strong as possible, keep health optimal, and reduce any risks for injury in my outside of gym activities. At the gym, it is just me not letting myself be a ***** or giving up because I know it is the easy route and when I make myself feel pain, I always am grateful for it afterwards. After so many years, I find enjoyment in a little self inflicted torture because I know the next guy probably isn't doing it and in a little way, it makes me better.

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Already mentioned and nothing fancy, but honestly being on here, looking at social media (seeing / reading about other people having success makes me want to get in there and do the same thing). Once i'm in the gym, music is a big help

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I listen to the Jonas brothers in the parking lot, slap myself in the face and scream "thundercats" as loud as I can...

Tigers333

Awards
Thinking about what brought me here in the first place.