Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
as a 56 year old white male i feel that race relations are worse today than they have been since the o.j simpson trial. i can't help but think that obama and his administration have gone out of their way to stir the pot. i was born poor and raised in a mixed neighborhood on the southside of indianapolis, one thing i know it aint fun being poor regardless of color/sex or creed. i have seen poor white kids treated by police just as bad as black kids, but the majority of the time the kids put themselves in that position...i know because in my youth my friends and i were known to raise a little hell, both black and white friends and we were all treated the same, poorly, lol....

remember united we stand divided we fall....if the poor could ever come together things would change, but i am sure the government doesn't want to see that happen, the obama administration in particular!!! ever think that that is why the powers that be hand picked obama, who better to play the race card?

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
I totally understand that the people in the community are upset over the verdict but there is no need to trash people's businesses who had nothing to do with it I'm not racist but why is it always got to be blacks that do this kind of stuff?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i just heard obama preach that all americans should be treated the same by police,,,,bull****, if you tell me some poor kid in a crime ridden neighborhood is going to be treated the same as a rich kid in the suburbs i will call you a liar straight to your face....what obama is not telling us is that all poor are treated differently by police than the wealthy. i hate the fact that obama is treating this as a race issue, it is a poor vs rich issue.....you are going to be treated as a 2nd class citizen in this country if you are poor regardless of race.....poor white kids are just as likely to have their rights violated as any other race, in my honest opinion!!!

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm also sick of this race stuff, this has nothing to do with race....seems like a lot of people are dispelling the race thing, i saw an article about a white kid who was shot by the cops like a week after this john brown thing happened....no one's talking about it, obama's not saying anything, and def not al sharpton

the people who are claiming that it's race related want it to be that way because in reality they are the true racists, feeding into the race thing isn't helping the situation, it's making it worse....i've seen arguements between both sides and what i've noticed was the people claiming race won't even look at the facts of the situation or discuss anything, they just keep repeating that it's race....

i'm a believer that cops just harrass the youth, i grew up in what i'd consider a middle class family and i was always harrassed by the cops, had my car searched, got fines for some dumb stuff and harassed about curfew even though i was never out after curfew....so i have disdain for cops but i'm white and was harassed by white cops allt he time

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
very true!! man good post. to get way from the past u gotta stop living in it

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
the difference between the martin luther king protests of the 60's and al sharpton led protests of today is legitamacy. in the 60's one of the main reasons dr. king's protest's were so successful was because of the support he got from whites who realized a sincere problem and a need for change...many of you are not old enough to have lived during those times, but if you look at pictures and read the history, whites played a huge role in getting reforms made. today all the so called black 'leaders' manage to accomplish is to inflame many whites against their cause.

as proven by history, the majority of whites support those who have legitimate claims of racism, i can only speak for myself.....BUT i don't think this is legitimate, and in reality it pisses me off.....

i truly believe in todays world poverty plays a much larger role than race, poor people of all races are going to have civil rights abused at a far greater rate than the middle to upper class, this is just reality....

if obama and holder want equal treatment for everyone then they should focus on equal treatment of all poor citizens and not single out just one race. singling out one race by obama and holder is just as, if not more wrong than racial profiling of blacks, imo!!!!!!!!!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
very true!! man good post. to get way from the past u gotta stop living in it
you are part right....you also have to LEARN from the past!!!

L.A.

L.A.

Awards
I live and was raised in southside chicago, its rough people get killed everyday and speaking as a black male i don't see white people out here doing what everybody else is doing in my hood or anywhere else on the southside, it goes both ways tho despite race, theres every colored person out there committing crimes, obviously by us being black right out the gate were the bad guy in most situations though.

Either way the whole mike brown situation, and garner situation are ****ed up, its like at some point somethings gonna have to happen where the police change there ways drastically and us as a black youth are gonna have to change. Sure mike brown might have been a "thug" but he's just another case of black troubled youth in america, probably had a ****ty household growing up like most of us, so hes angry at white people and america in general because he's not fully educated on whats really going on, so he lashes out and he's murdered because he was potrayed as nothing more than that person. A black thug in america. Maybe he really was trying to beat that cops ass, nobody knows but those two people, and one of them is dead.

L.A.

L.A.

Awards
Lol right, before all this shoot first ask questions later stuff started happening lately, i thought 2014 was a pretty good year as far as a racial war goes, i felt like racism had gotten alot better i mean **** it's 2014 for gods sake, but all this just kinda relit that flame.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
i just heard obama preach that all americans should be treated the same by police,,,,bull****, if you tell me some poor kid in a crime ridden neighborhood is going to be treated the same as a rich kid in the suburbs i will call you a liar straight to your face....what obama is not telling us is that all poor are treated differently by police than the wealthy. i hate the fact that obama is treating this as a race issue, it is a poor vs rich issue.....you are going to be treated as a 2nd class citizen in this country if you are poor regardless of race.....poor white kids are just as likely to have their rights violated as any other race, in my honest opinion!!!
I agree 100%!
ITs a class issue on top of a race issue ( for some)
UNITE!

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
LA,funny, the grand jury information and evidence said Mike Brown was shot after he attacked a cop and tried to take his gun. Maybe you should hit up the grand jury and let them know they missed something.

Edited to include context.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Funny, the grand jury information and evidence said Mike Brown was shot after he attacked a cop and tried to take his gun. Maybe you should hit up the grand jury and let them know they missed something.
dude...i think you missed the boat!!!

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
I didn't miss the boat. My post is applicable to the guy that posted above me, forgive me for not copy and pasting his post.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I didn't miss the boat. My post is applicable to the guy that posted above me, forgive me for not copy and pasting his post.
i see now what you were refering to.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
I edited my first post for context.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I live and was raised in southside chicago, its rough people get killed everyday and speaking as a black male i don't see white people out here doing what everybody else is doing in my hood or anywhere else on the southside, it goes both ways tho despite race, theres every colored person out there committing crimes, obviously by us being black right out the gate were the bad guy in most situations though.

Either way the whole mike brown situation, and garner situation are ****ed up, its like at some point somethings gonna have to happen where the police change there ways drastically and us as a black youth are gonna have to change. Sure mike brown might have been a "thug" but he's just another case of black troubled youth in america, probably had a ****ty household growing up like most of us, so hes angry at white people and america in general because he's not fully educated on whats really going on, so he lashes out and he's murdered because he was potrayed as nothing more than that person. A black thug in america. Maybe he really was trying to beat that cops ass, nobody knows but those two people, and one of them is dead.
i grew up white and poor in a mixed neighborhood in indy, we have our share of shooting and crime there too. who's ass should i want to beat!!!

let me lay this out for you...being poor aint no fun no matter what your skin color happens to be, most of the guys i grew up with are either dead or in prison and have been for a long time, the military saved my sorry ass...

the blacks AND whites need to stop this stupid bull**** and come together, jesse jackson had it right-rainbow coalition...as long as race continues to polarize the races we are divided...poverty is the REAL enemy here and divided we fall, united we stand...

L.A.

L.A.

Awards
LA,funny, the grand jury information and evidence said Mike Brown was shot after he attacked a cop and tried to take his gun. Maybe you should hit up the grand jury and let them know they missed something.

Edited to include context.
Well for 1, nahh im good on hittin them up, obviously they didn't twice about not indicting a cop who murdered a unarmed man, so that tells me how smart those people were, and second i never said that he didnt try to take the cops gun??? Maybe he was on a cop killing spree that day and solely wanted to murder officer wilson, idk, either way they have things called pepper spray, and tasers, maybe if he would have used one of those less lethal alternatives the kid would still be alive today.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Well for 1, nahh im good on hittin them up, obviously they didn't twice about not indicting a cop who murdered a unarmed man, so that tells me how smart those people were, and second i never said that he didnt try to take the cops gun??? Maybe he was on a cop killing spree that day and solely wanted to murder officer wilson, idk, either way they have things called pepper spray, and tasers, maybe if he would have used one of those less lethal alternatives the kid would still be alive today.
are you nuts...the cop shot him and he kept on coming...you seriously think pepper spray would have stopped him, lol.

L.A.

L.A.

Awards
i grew up white and poor in a mixed neighborhood in indy, we have our share of shooting and crime there too. who's ass should i want to beat!!!

let me lay this out for you...being poor aint no fun no matter what your skin color happens to be, most of the guys i grew up with are either dead or in prison and have been for a long time, the military saved my sorry ass...

the blacks AND whites need to stop this stupid bull**** and come together, jesse jackson had it right-rainbow coalition...as long as race continues to polarize the races we are divided...poverty is the REAL enemy here and divided we fall, united we stand...
Yea no **** like i already previously stated it goes both ways with all races, for the MAJORITY though blacks are always and always have been looked down upon, of course wether if youre white or mexican or pink and grew up hard you would most likely get the same treatment, i think everybody knows that. Everybody or at least most people also know that despite what you came from if youre black the majority of the time you will get the short end of the stick, and i don't care how much you try to argue with me about that, it's the truth.

L.A.

L.A.

Awards
are you nuts...the cop shot him and he kept on coming...you seriously think pepper spray would have stopped him, lol.
I dont know if you can read or not but i also stated a taser. Which is proven to stop anybody. Ive been shot too before in my leg with a 30, got the scar and medical records to prove it lol, when you got adrenaline rushing like that honestly you dont really feel it, a taser tho will force that ass to drop.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yea no **** like i already previously stated it goes both ways with all races, for the MAJORITY though blacks are always and always have been looked down upon, of course wether if youre white or mexican or pink and grew up hard you would most likely get the same treatment, i think everybody knows that. Everybody or at least most people also know that despite what you came from if youre black the majority of the time you will get the short end of the stick, and i don't care how much you try to argue with me about that, it's the truth.
wasn't it you who said this is 2014...get real. the majority of all poor people will never escape poverty no matter color. i will say it again....THE ONLY COLOR THAT MATTERS IS GREEN!!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I dont know if you can read or not but i also stated a taser. Which is proven to stop anybody. Ive been shot too before in my leg with a 30, got the scar and medical records to prove it lol, when you got adrenaline rushing like that honestly you dont really feel it, a taser tho will force that ass to drop.
can't say one way or another about a taser...but if i was shot 3 times not counting the hand in the car, i am fairly certain i would have stopped....you think you would have kept coming after being shot in the leg just once? my money says you would stop!!!

99% of people would have stopped...how can you say for certain a taser would have stopped this guy-you can't!!!

L.A.

L.A.

Awards
wasn't it you who said this is 2014...get real. the majority of all poor people will never escape poverty no matter color. i will say it again....THE ONLY COLOR THAT MATTERS IS GREEN!!!!
Yea i said its 2014, like i didnt think unarmed black men were getting murdered as much, and hell yea youre ****ing right, green is the only color that matters but thats beside the point.

L.A.

L.A.

Awards
can't say one way or another about a taser...but if i was shot 3 times not counting the hand in the car, i am fairly certain i would have stopped....you think you would have kept coming after being shot in the leg just once? my money says you would stop!!!

99% of people would have stopped...how can you say for certain a taser would have stopped this guy-you can't!!!
Its not about him stopping after being shot, the officer should have never fired regardless, him as a cop should have chanced that taser, darren wilsons a big dude himself, he has his size, and a taser, shouldve never fired his gun.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yea i said its 2014, like i didnt think unarmed black men were getting murdered as much, and hell yea youre ****ing right, green is the only color that matters but thats beside the point.
no...that is the only point that matters....until everyone understands that nothing will change!!!

you, me all of us need to stop bickering about race, and come together about the real issue-poverty. as long as the races are divided we play into the governments hands, they are the ones who benefit from division. if we were to come together they would be forced to actually do something to improve conditions for all poor...corporate america is raking it in and yet they say they can't hire or raise minimum wage, i say bull****!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Its not about him stopping after being shot, the officer should have never fired regardless, him as a cop should have chanced that taser, darren wilsons a big dude himself, he has his size, and a taser, shouldve never fired his gun.
if wilson were black and brown were white i would still support the grand jury's decision!!!

L.A.

L.A.

Awards
Lol, ok well thats why theyre called opinions, even though some are wrong, you still have your right.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Lol, ok well thats why theyre called opinions, even though some are wrong, you still have your right.
ok, fair enough!!!

we really do have more in common than what separates us....i take it you weren't born into wealth either. the differences between the haves and have nots is far greater than skin color, imo. trust me, the wealthy look down on poor whites as well as blacks!!! the upper class elitist's are our common enemy!!!

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Brown outweighed Wilson by 80 pounds. He was much bigger than Wilson. The instant Brown goes for his gun, the taser option is out.

When you fight a cop for his gun, you should expect to be shot. It amazes me that people still refuse to hold thugs accountable for their actions that get themselves killed.

There's a meme floating around with a black guy holding a sign that says "mothers shouldn't have to worry about their sons being killed every time they rob a store.".

Illustrates my point exactly.

L.A.

L.A.

Awards
Pure. Ignorance. ^^^

No they SHOULDNT have to worry, because you rob a store dont mean you need to have your life taken from you **** no.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
Brown outweighed Wilson by 80 pounds. He was much bigger than Wilson. The instant Brown goes for his gun, the taser option is out. When you fight a cop for his gun, you should expect to be shot. It amazes me that people still refuse to hold thugs accountable for their actions that get themselves killed. There's a meme floating around with a black guy holding a sign that says "mothers shouldn't have to worry about their sons being killed every time they rob a store.". Illustrates my point exactly.
if you believe he really went for a cops gun your outta your mind. not even the hardest street thug reaches for a cops gun.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im just really shocked this day of age with the awesome technology we have that cops even need to pull their gun out for most of these instances.

Hell....they had better ways to deal with these things a thousand years ago.

I say disarm all cops of lethal devices, and maybe keep it for special units only who dont do daily patrol for only special circumstances (armed robbery, etc...)

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Pull all weapons from street patrol and expect crime to skyrocket

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im just really shocked this day of age with the awesome technology we have that cops even need to pull their gun out for most of these instances.

Hell....they had better ways to deal with these things a thousand years ago.

I say disarm all cops of lethal devices, and maybe keep it for special units only who dont do daily patrol for only special circumstances (armed robbery, etc...)
This is absurd.

We also didn't have as violent a crime culture(s) a thousand years ago.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is absurd.

We also didn't have as violent a crime culture(s) a thousand years ago.
Ok...let me get this straight, I was exaggerating about using darts, lol But there were all kinds of wars 1,000 years ago, it was probably even more violent.

Really, why not disarm all police? They dont have guns in the UK? And yes I understand they dont have a 2nd amendment, which I strongly support as I want the police powers to be handed to the individual since police are usually there AFTER the crime is committed. They were using a new propaganda piece for example here in New York after an attack at a Jewish Synagogue to justify the use of lethal police force. The guy only had a knife. I mean really, If I was a cop give me a baseball bat and Ill knock that Mo'Fo out. What happened to cops with balls? My ex-homicide detective martial arts instructor in NYC would fight and knock multiple people out with his bare hands all by himself after getting jumped.

Really, police can be equipped with good high tech equipment to not even get to the stage Im talking about (baseball bat, or fighting with nothing.) I want cops to be able to do their jobs safely and there is plenty that can be done to do so without the use of lethal force. This includes better training, conditioning, and also the art of non-violent disarmament.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pull all weapons from street patrol and expect crime to skyrocket
Yes and no based off of various factors. Cops dont prevent crimes, they usually get there after they occur. Having an unarmed society also contributes to this, the only way to stop a crime is the ability to self defend.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Pure. Ignorance. ^^^

No they SHOULDNT have to worry, because you rob a store dont mean you need to have your life taken from you **** no.
maybe if more decent paying jobs were available you wouldn't need to rob a store....this is the issue-poverty!!!

c'mon, this is a wealthy country...how can the largest private employer [walmart] get away with paying poverty level wages?

you seem like a reasonably intelligent guy, don't get caught up in the race propaganda...it is a smokescreen to keep racial tensions high so we don't focus on the real issue!!!

wags81

Awards
What if these men did not rob a store or resist arrest? They would be alive. If you don't want the fate of your life to be put in the hands of a police officer, don't break the law... Simple as that.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok...let me get this straight, I was exaggerating about using darts, lol But there were all kinds of wars 1,000 years ago, it was probably even more violent.

Really, why not disarm all police? They dont have guns in the UK? And yes I understand they dont have a 2nd amendment, which I strongly support as I want the police powers to be handed to the individual since police are usually there AFTER the crime is committed. They were using a new propaganda piece for example here in New York after an attack at a Jewish Synagogue to justify the use of lethal police force. The guy only had a knife. I mean really, If I was a cop give me a baseball bat and Ill knock that Mo'Fo out. What happened to cops with balls? My ex-homicide detective martial arts instructor in NYC would fight and knock multiple people out with his bare hands all by himself after getting jumped.

Really, police can be equipped with good high tech equipment to not even get to the stage Im talking about (baseball bat, or fighting with nothing.) I want cops to be able to do their jobs safely and there is plenty that can be done to do so without the use of lethal force. This includes better training, conditioning, and also the art of non-violent disarmament.
That's just unrealistic. There are too many guns on the street, and even if they were banned the guns would still be there. Disarming the police is absurd.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's just unrealistic. There are too many guns on the street, and even if they were banned the guns would still be there. Disarming the police is absurd.
I don't wanna ban guns, I want more. It's near impossible for me with a clean record to get a carry on license here NY. Banning guns only empowers criminals and government monopoly.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't wanna ban guns, I want more. It's near impossible for me with a clean record to get a carry on license here NY. Banning guns only empowers criminals and government monopoly.
Yeah, NY sucks when it comes to that. I do wish Florida was a little tougher with the carry permits tho. I carry, but u know a lot of people who do too and probably shouldn't...

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, NY sucks when it comes to that. I do wish Florida was a little tougher with the carry permits tho. I carry, but u know a lot of people who do too and probably shouldn't...
My big beef really is the overall militarization of the police, I can compromise them having weapons.

In my home town this kid I went to school with had a shootout with the local and state police on my street (he just started walking around shooting everything) I think he had a bushmaster or something. Even though his intent was to kill a cop that night and did shoot a cop in the arm, the end result was a local cop sneaking up behind him with the gun to his head and he dropped the gun after a long night. Could have killed him with far less risk but didn't.

That is responsible policing, those are cops I do want armed. The shooter is locked up for 25 but my inside sources say he changed his life and is actually doing well now. He had a drug problem and rehab kept him on a waiting list .
..long story.
Anyways using my phone to type now so will keep it short :)

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
if you believe he really went for a cops gun your outta your mind. not even the hardest street thug reaches for a cops gun.
Actually this has already been factually backed up. GSR on his hands and DNA on the weapon. He indeed went for his gun and had his hand no doubt on it, along with several witnesses corroborating the same story. That was in the Grand Jury documents.

Edit: This below isnt aimed at you Fame, just a general statement.

Seems like many people make assumptions for people in the line of protection and have not been in a situation for fear of your life. Being in plenty of fire fights myself, I can most assuredly tell you that your only instinct is survival when your life is threatened. And a police office has every right to go home safe that night. When your adrenaline in pumping for your life, your mind is blank, one thing goes through your mind, survive this. I can honestly say I remember almost none of the battles I participated in, like that portion of time is almost gone. So I will not arm chair quarterback Mr. Wilson's decision and just hope the Justice System handled it the right way (Which given the evidence I believe they did).

It is easy to second guess someones actions the day after the incident. So unless you have been a Police Officer in this same situation, the mention of tasers, pepper spray, etc is a moot point. I have been hit with pepper spray with almost no effects, even the tear gas chamber barely gave me a sniffle. Tasers are one shot and you miss you just had your skull crushed in, and if you do fear for your life, the adrenaline definitely has your whole body shaking, so missing is almost a certainty.

Most outlets have moved on from Ferguson (I live in St. Louis) just because it is a lost cause now to drum up division, many take that situation for what it was.

And I agree with BigT. I won't say Poverty so much itself, but the lack of support given in the poverty stricken neighborhoods. Our school system has failed communities as a whole in poor neighborhoods. Without a proper support structure to help children out there is no way they can even break the cycle.

L.A.

L.A.

Awards
What if these men did not rob a store or resist arrest? They would be alive. If you don't want the fate of your life to be put in the hands of a police officer, don't break the law... Simple as that.
Lol, somebody has to stand up for there rights, like in the garner case, if i'm obviously not aggressive, have no weapon, and am getting questioned and told to turn around and put my hands behind my back all because of some un taxed cigarettes, that gives the cops no right to put me in a chokehold and take me down? It's completely irrational and insane. People need to stop being bystanders in life when it comes to police and speak up and actually take action when they feel like they are being done wrong such as the garner case. As far as Michael Brown, so he robbed a store, maybe he was a thug who just went around robbing and stealing all day, that doesn't justify anybody shooting and killing him. Sure, he could have deserved to have been tasered, and thrown in prison, but taking his life?

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol, somebody has to stand up for there rights, like in the garner case, if i'm obviously not aggressive, have no weapon, and am getting questioned and told to turn around and put my hands behind my back all because of some un taxed cigarettes, that gives the cops no right to put me in a chokehold and take me down? It's completely irrational and insane. People need to stop being bystanders in life when it comes to police and speak up and actually take action when they feel like they are being done wrong such as the garner case. As far as Michael Brown, so he robbed a store, maybe he was a thug who just went around robbing and stealing all day, that doesn't justify anybody shooting and killing him. Sure, he could have deserved to have been tasered, and thrown in prison, but taking his life?
Cop tried to detain Brown. Brown fights back and tries to take his gun. You weren't there. Obviously the dude wasn't retreating. I really have no sympathy at all for that situation. The cop probably thought his life was in danger, and it may fm have been based on the grand jury.

Your friend should taken a dirt nap, to be honest. Sure he's better now, but that's in predictably when his goal is to go on a shooting rampage and take out a cop. If that were my neighborhood, I'd have personally taken the shot.

The choking in NY was unfortunate in many ways. I was choked in that same manor by an off duty cop while 3 guys were taking shots at me years ago because they were his friends and they couldn't get me down. I thought I was going to die too. Felt horrible.

Garner, I guess is his name, was a horrible situation. A ticket should've been written at the most; but relating the two situations like there is some nation wide cop-racism crisis is stupid.

There was a local situation here a few years ago when a guy tried to run cops over in the middle of the road during a DUI stop and he was shot. All the local rednecks threw a hissy fit. You don't try to take a man's (cops too) life and not expect self defense.

Note: on my iPhone and without my glasses. Spelling errors probably happened.

L.A.

L.A.

Awards
Cop tried to detain Brown. Brown fights back and tries to take his gun. You weren't there. Obviously the dude wasn't retreating. I really have no sympathy at all for that situation. The cop probably thought his life was in danger, and it may fm have been based on the grand jury.

Your friend should taken a dirt nap, to be honest. Sure he's better now, but that's in predictably when his goal is to go on a shooting rampage and take out a cop. If that were my neighborhood, I'd have personally taken the shot.

The choking in NY was unfortunate in many ways. I was choked in that same manor by an off duty cop while 3 guys were taking shots at me years ago because they were his friends and they couldn't get me down. I thought I was going to die too. Felt horrible.

Garner, I guess is his name, was a horrible situation. A ticket should've been written at the most; but relating the two situations like there is some nation wide cop-racism crisis is stupid.

There was a local situation here a few years ago when a guy tried to run cops over in the middle of the road during a DUI stop and he was shot. All the local rednecks threw a hissy fit. You don't try to take a man's (cops too) life and not expect self defense.

Note: on my iPhone and without my glasses. Spelling errors probably happened.
Heres a few things, for 1, that wasnt me who said my friend went on a cop killing spree, that probably has something to do with the fact that youre not wearing your glasses lol. And youre exactly right, you can't compare the two cases, i was replying soley to ole boys comment up above which i quoted.

I never said there was a nation wide "cop-racism" crisis, you have your opinion, i have mine, i feel like if youre a cop youd be trained for situations like this. Sure they say he tried to grab his gun, how do you know that he didnt just swing on the cop and then the cop tried to shoot him, and like what im sure the average human being would have done, brown tried to push the gun away so he wouldnt get shot?

They said Officer Darren Wilson started running after Brown? So at that point, wouldnt it be a little more reasonable to pull out a taser and chase him down, and if like they say, Brown all of sudden stopped, turned around and charged at Wilson, then tase his ass. Its not like he was yards away, if somebody is feet away from you id say it would be pretty damn easy to hit them with a taser. He got out that cop car with the intention of killing Brown.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Heres a few things, for 1, that wasnt me who said my friend went on a cop killing spree, that probably has something to do with the fact that youre not wearing your glasses lol. And youre exactly right, you can't compare the two cases, i was replying soley to ole boys comment up above which i quoted.

I never said there was a nation wide "cop-racism" crisis, you have your opinion, i have mine, i feel like if youre a cop youd be trained for situations like this. Sure they say he tried to grab his gun, how do you know that he didnt just swing on the cop and then the cop tried to shoot him, and like what im sure the average human being would have done, brown tried to push the gun away so he wouldnt get shot?

They said Officer Darren Wilson started running after Brown? So at that point, wouldnt it be a little more reasonable to pull out a taser and chase him down, and if like they say, Brown all of sudden stopped, turned around and charged at Wilson, then tase his ass. Its not like he was yards away, if somebody is feet away from you id say it would be pretty damn easy to hit them with a taser. He got out that cop car with the intention of killing Brown.
My bad on the cop killer comment; thought that was you.

There are a lot of assumptions being made across the country, and there are stupid actions being made by protestors that are VERY negatively affecting people/businesses that had nothing to do with any of it. It's just frustrating all around.

I don't know what happened exactly, and apparently all the "witnesses" don't either. I just tend to not immediately side with the criminal.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is where it needs to be taken a step further.

Why were cops bugging him in the first place? Tax evasion. Why is the underground cigarette market thriving? Because of high taxes and the state/city want a part of their drug sales and the high cost is driving the underground competition (think prohibition.) $5.50 per pack of cigarettes goes to New York State, and a additional $1.50 to NYC. Cops are encouraged to harass civilians of silly petty crimes to further increase revenue (though tickets, and more tax dollars.)

As far as Im concerned, issuing a ticket is pure tyranny and illegal revenue creation. Cops should not have been there in the first place. Its not their fault, they are just doing their job but the point here is that this is an example of out of control goverment and their tyrannical policies that put both civilians and police in danger (though they were not in danger in the garner case at all) off of petty things that shouldnt even be crimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.