The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
what does everyone do on your thanksgiving Holiday?

Myself I volunteer a Turkey Trot here in Erie, PA on the peninsula, and it takes place from 9 - 12, and then a reception/party is held at a local amusement park (in a small side compartment place) that serves donuts, muffins, danishes, and other baked goods donated from a lot of local bakeries which takes me up to about 2-3 in the afternoon.

I have to be there for setup at 7 AM , and then come home and finish off the thanksgiving dinner for myself and my family since I do all the cooking in the family. Basically finish the side dishes, and then clean up, and then back to work the next day. Basically aother work day!

how does everyone else spend the holiday ?my family is small and only my mom and dad since my brother lives in colorado and we invite my grandmother over.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Man Bob I bet you cook a mean turkey! Maybe a Cellucor Stuffing? HA
Me Im just going to have diner with the family.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Man Bob I bet you cook a mean turkey! Maybe a Cellucor Stuffing? HA
Me Im just going to have diner with the family.
I keep it pretty basic , we really do not even do desserts for just the 3-4 of us.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
I keep it pretty basic , we really do not even do desserts for just the 3-4 of us.
We usually have at least 20 people. Im the only one who lifts so Im sure you can imagine the desserts!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
My family in town is very small (mom/dad/grandma) cousins do their own thing
Relativees i have in Colorado, Brother in Colorado, Relatives in TN, Florida, ID as well

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Its probably nice that way. It gets hectic with all the people sometimes.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I would love the food thats for sure, preppaing for 20 people would not be fun.
Done it many times though.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Its a good thing I don't have to do the cooking. I just have to supply the wine. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving. Don't forget to give thanks for all the gains!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ill be giving thanks freezing my ass off volunteering.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
My family joins us from RI. They show up Wednesday night. We cook together and eat early afternoon. My wife buys an annual Mystery puzzle that gets worked on for the days everyone is here. They usually stay until Saturday or Sunday. My sister will have two picture painting projects for all of us to do. I don't see my family much, so we make a time of it.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Flying out to meet the lover's family in Pennsylvania. I'm super nervous and I have layovers like crazy! :/

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Gonna load up the fur kids and drive home after work Wednesday night, prob around 2:30 departure, then go crawl into bed with my girlfriend. Wake up, dinner at my sisters house at 1. I may be on a cut, but I'm gonna cheat hard. Gonna make the rock look like a saint on his cheats! Really looking forward to friends and family time since I've basically been a slave since I started this job. Then Friday night I'm going to drive back home, go to work Saturday night and then my weekend is sunday Monday so I'll drive back home.

jmyers

jmyers

Awards
  • Established
My daughter and I are heading to my hometown of Waynesboro, PA to have Thanksgiving Day lunch w/ my family. At 6 pm. I have to drop my lil' Princess off to her mother's for the evening. At that time I'll go to the gym and smash back, and when I'm done, I'll pick my daughter back up. We'll go back to my house and stay up and watch movies and have another feast of our own

jmyers

jmyers

Awards
  • Established
Ill be giving thanks freezing my ass off volunteering.
That's great of you bro to volunteer. When my daughter gets a little older I think I might do something like that with her. It will teach and instill great values within her.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Come visit me in Erie!
That's only a few hours from home. If it wasn't beyond the wall of snow formerly known as Buffalo. Now it's probably like a 10 hour drive.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My wife does some annual boot camp really early in the morning and I think I am going to take my daughters and do a 5k turkey trot by our house. Then we'll all head to my parents for a quick bite and hello, then up to her dad's and eat until I go into a coma. Then head back to some friends who have a big drinking and football game at their house that someone always ends up hurt at.