Why does it seem like most women do not date bodybuilders?

QUADMONSTER

QUADMONSTER

Banned
Awards
Hey guys this is a thread dedicated to all of us. Its a thread in defense of us all.

We are bodybuilders, I think we can all agree on this.

When you see women, what do you see? When it comes to who they are dating? Many of them date men that are not very muscular. Lets just be honest.

Many of them date guys with the muscle tone of that lead singer from Maroon 5. Wears a size medium or small shirt. And don't forget, the camera puts 15 pounds on you so in person they are even skinnier.

Now lets be honest, what looks better? A guy who is in shape and has muscles or a guy with the body type of a 12 year old? I mean cmon lets get real here.

Who the **** in their right mind would want to date that **** if they were an adult? Insecurity issues maybe? Girl wants the guy to be their mini me? Maybe they want their man to resemble a doll that they had when they were younger. I mean it just is ****ed up. What kind of man looks like a 12 year old boy? Why would any woman want that?

And don't think for a second that you have to look like Lou Ferrigno or Jay Cutler to be considered too muscular by womens standards. After lifting for less than a year, Im starting to receive comments that I should tone it down a bit in the gym and that Im becoming too addicted. That Im getting too big! Even though I don't think Im that muscular at all.

Bottom line, this is what most women date. They want a man who is a stick figure. If you have muscles they think its too much.

Thoughts?

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
So true I'm not a bodybuilder but I'm built and woman associated that as just being a douche bag unfortunately

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Not all of them are like that, I think they just get jelly because they know we can have whoever we want with our Olympic god bodies lolololol

QUADMONSTER

QUADMONSTER

Banned
Awards
Most girls probably think that people who lift weights beat women.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm not surprised that you believe it. It's just a ludicrous notion. That puts an enormous group of people into a small category. It also puts a large group of women into that same small group. You are basically saying MOST guys who lift weights beat women, therefore MOST women believe that they do. That's insane in relation to the original question.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's fair to say that this might apply to a single-digit percentage of women, not most. There are many other possible reasons for the original question that are far more logical than this.

QUADMONSTER

QUADMONSTER

Banned
Awards
You know what else is crazy? Women thinking that moderate vascularity is gross.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Truly in many cases it's probably that women are very self conscious and assume that attractive fit men would never be attracted to them.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Most women don't date bodybuilders because we are only like 5% of the population. 95% of people don't even lift!

QUADMONSTER

QUADMONSTER

Banned
Awards
Yeah you are right. That's true.

Lets be honest, most women do not hang out in gyms geared towards bodybuilding or powerlifting.

I can say with 100 % honesty that I think most women think that guys who lift only have SEX on their mind when they look at a woman. They are womanizers. Ive been accused of this quite a few times.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Let's also be honest in that if you have a great physique an can't get dates, it's because your personality sucks.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Well seeing as we are mammals we do seek offsprings

QUADMONSTER

QUADMONSTER

Banned
Awards
Let's also be honest in that if you have a great physique an can't get dates, it's because your personality sucks.
Lest be honest that if a woman has a great physique men don't give a **** if she speaks. Actually they prefer it that way.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lest be honest that if a woman has a great physique men don't give a **** if she speaks. Actually they prefer it that way.
Dude you're full of some of the stupidest crap. This is all very telling. This is your story, not everyone's.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Lol right.. If she a good body that is great, but I'd want someone I could speak to.

QUADMONSTER

QUADMONSTER

Banned
Awards
The perfect woman is one that does not speak and sucks some good balls.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

guido6701

Awards
Well, I believe in what NG says, "bodybuilders" or those of us who are seeking that title are, in fact, the minority. Sadly, In my profession, this is %100 true. We are very outnumbered.

Maybe the "guys" QuadMonster are referring to truly are the majority in society. So, by default most women are with them.

Now, if a woman sees a "bodybuilder" perhaps by what society or her past experiences tell her, she may be less inclined to approach or talk to a "bodybuilder".......but feel less intimidated by a "12 year old boy" and begin a conversation with him.

So, yeah, it may be what Dma says - it all hinges upon your personality and how approachable you are or aren't.

It just comes back to this - we as "bodybuilders" aren't afraid of heavy weight - so why would we be afraid to approach a beautiful woman with a member of a boy band on her arm and ask her what's up?!?!?

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Who says all BB are big either, physique guys are not that big. I can understand to an extent why girls don't want those 300lbs monsters lol.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Who says all BB are big either, physique guys are not that big. I can understand to an extent why girls don't want those 300lbs monsters lol.
Still a personality issue. How many 300 pound fat dudes do you see with wives or girlfriends? A lot. There's someone for everyone and a thousand ways to find them. I see the OP's problem here, it's not physical.

juniorab

juniorab

Awards
Hey guys this is a thread dedicated to all of us. Its a thread in defense of us all.

We are bodybuilders, I think we can all agree on this.

When you see women, what do you see? When it comes to who they are dating? Many of them date men that are not very muscular. Lets just be honest.

Many of them date guys with the muscle tone of that lead singer from Maroon 5. Wears a size medium or small shirt. And don't forget, the camera puts 15 pounds on you so in person they are even skinnier.

Now lets be honest, what looks better? A guy who is in shape and has muscles or a guy with the body type of a 12 year old? I mean cmon lets get real here.

Who the **** in their right mind would want to date that **** if they were an adult? Insecurity issues maybe? Girl wants the guy to be their mini me? Maybe they want their man to resemble a doll that they had when they were younger. I mean it just is ****ed up. What kind of man looks like a 12 year old boy? Why would any woman want that?

And don't think for a second that you have to look like Lou Ferrigno or Jay Cutler to be considered too muscular by womens standards. After lifting for less than a year, Im starting to receive comments that I should tone it down a bit in the gym and that Im becoming too addicted. That Im getting too big! Even though I don't think Im that muscular at all.

Bottom line, this is what most women date. They want a man who is a stick figure. If you have muscles they think its too much.

Thoughts?
Well, I believe in what NG says, "bodybuilders" or those of us who are seeking that title are, in fact, the minority. Sadly, In my profession, this is %100 true. We are very outnumbered.

Maybe the "guys" QuadMonster are referring to truly are the majority in society. So, by default most women are with them.

Now, if a woman sees a "bodybuilder" perhaps by what society or her past experiences tell her, she may be less inclined to approach or talk to a "bodybuilder".......but feel less intimidated by a "12 year old boy" and begin a conversation with him.

So, yeah, it may be what Dma says - it all hinges upon your personality and how approachable you are or aren't.

It just comes back to this - we as "bodybuilders" aren't afraid of heavy weight - so why would we be afraid to approach a beautiful woman with a member of a boy band on her arm and ask her what's up?!?!?
Oh sweet! You guys are bodybuilders? How many times have you guys stepped on stage? How'd you do? Did ya win?

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Oh sweet! You guys are bodybuilders? How many times have you guys stepped on stage? How'd you do? Did ya win?
Hmmm I guess you have to compete to be a bodybuilder I guess that the reason why so many people DONT get into this sport. Way to be supportive of you community!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Do they have to step on stage to be considered bodybuilders? ^^^^^^^^

And I agree with Nursegray, we are a very small percentage of the population so it only seems they don't date bodybuilders. But on the other hand I have been married for 8yrs and consider myself a bb'er ;)

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Hmmm I guess you have to compete to be a bodybuilder I guess that the reason why so many people DONT get into this sport. Way to be supportive of you community!

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
On the other hand Im so glad that the NFL decided to sign me because Ive been waiting to throw a football my whole life!

juniorab

juniorab

Awards
Yes, I believe you have to step on stage to be considered a bodybuilder. If you throw a pair of skates on and skate laps in a rink, can you call yourself a hockey player? If you toss a football in the park with your buddy, can you call yourself a football player? I have competed and I do find it somewhat of an insult when someone who just works out calls themselves a bodybuilder. Have they ever gone through the struggles that people who have stepped on stage have? Have they dieted down to 3-4% BF before? Have they gone through hell week and figured out how to adjust their carbs and water levels so they can peak at their absolute best? That to me is what a bodybuilder has done that some one who works out or trains has not.

For my height and size, I push some decent weight, but I would never call myself a powerlifter, as I have never stepped on the platform and feel that if I did call myself a powerlifter, it would be an insult to people like Rodja, kbrown and many others on this forum that have gone through the entire process involved in being a powerlifter.

/rant

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
So you have to actually compete in the 'sport' to consider yourself that type of athlete?

Hmm.... so honestly you don't know whether or not I have competed but you are saying I can't consider myself a bb'er? So what do you call guys whether they have 2 years experience or 20 years of "lifting weights" ?

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Yes, I believe you have to step on stage to be considered a bodybuilder. If you throw a pair of skates on and skate laps in a rink, can you call yourself a hockey player? If you toss a football in the park with your buddy, can you call yourself a football player? I have competed and I do find it somewhat of an insult when someone who just works out calls themselves a bodybuilder. Have they ever gone through the struggles that people who have stepped on stage have? Have they dieted down to 3-4% BF before? Have they gone through hell week and figured out how to adjust their carbs and water levels so they can peak at their absolute best? That to me is what a bodybuilder has done that some one who works out or trains has not.

For my height and size, I push some decent weight, but I would never call myself a powerlifter, as I have never stepped on the platform and feel that if I did call myself a powerlifter, it would be an insult to people like Rodja, brown and many others on this forum that have gone through the entire process involved in being a powerlifter.

/rant
"The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground"

juniorab

juniorab

Awards
So you have to actually compete in the 'sport' to consider yourself that type of athlete?

Hmm.... so honestly you don't know whether or not I have competed but you are saying I can't consider myself a bb'er? So what do you call guys whether they have 2 years experience or 20 years of "lifting weights" ?
I never claimed you were or were not a bodybuilder. Where did you read that? And I call anyone who works out just that. Someone who lifts/trains/works out. Doesn't matter how many years they have been doing it. Would you call a plumber who has been doing his trade for 20 years any different than a plumber who had only been doing it 5?

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
You didn't say I was or wasn't one. I am just simply pointing out that it doesn't matter whether someone has competed or not. Yes I have competed, and have a show coming up in April. But it does not offend me at all if someone says they are a bodybuilder.

juniorab

juniorab

Awards
You didn't say I was or wasn't one. I am just simply pointing out that it doesn't matter whether someone has competed or not. Yes I have competed, and have a show coming up in April. But it does not offend me at all if someone says they are a bodybuilder.
Good luck. I wish you the best in your training and upcoming show.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
So I can just walk on stage after paying to get into the contest at 20% bf and be called a bodybuilder? **** yessss, pro card here I come!!!

juniorab

juniorab

Awards
So I can just walk on stage after paying to get into the contest at 20% bf and be called a bodybuilder? **** yessss, pro card here I come!!!
Sure. Not everyone who plays football is actually good. But I have a hard time believing that you would go up on stage in 2 ounces of clothing in front of 1000+ people at 20%. And if you can get your pro card in that condition, let me know what show you're doing so I don't hire any of those judges for any shows up here. ;)

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Good luck. I wish you the best in your training and upcoming show.
Thank you.

Everyone will have their own opinion on this, but I don't believe it is right to say someone is not a bodybuilder if they do not step on stage.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Sure. Not everyone who plays football is actually good. But I have a hard time believing that you would go up on stage in 2 ounces of clothing in front of 1000+ people at 20%. And if you can get your pro card in that condition, let me know what show you're doing so I don't hire any of those judges for any shows up here. ;)
Believe it or not I have seen it. If I can remember what show it was, I will see if I can find a youtube. But this guy was white as a ghost and VERY high BF on stage haha.

tommurph

tommurph

Awards
  • Established
I'm a pretend bodybuilder! Kind of like a fantasy football player is a football player. But I have big respect for REAL bodybuilders! So I'll just call myself what it is, a poser that doesn't pose!

juniorab

juniorab

Awards
Believe it or not I have seen it. If I can remember what show it was, I will see if I can find a youtube. But this guy was white as a ghost and VERY high BF on stage haha.
I've seen the vid as well. I have to give the guy props for having the courage to do it. I meant, from what I can tell of Abe, that he, as a person wouldn't do it.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Lol my point is. If someone works on their body for years and become huge with low bf%. Like what a natty bodybuilder would be and they even do pre contest prepping because they want to look good for some event is that not bodybuilding? Bodybuilding - the activity of doing exercises (such as lifting weights) to make the muscles of your body larger and stronger. No where did it say that you need to go on stage to prove to anyone ****. Anyone can enter a contest, but if you work on your body and do the hard work to perfect your body/build it, what is that?

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
I don't say I'm a bodybuilder, because that isn't what I'm looking for. But yes, I engage in the act of building my body to be better than the previous day.

juniorab

juniorab

Awards
I'm a pretend bodybuilder! Kind of like a fantasy football player is a football player. But I have big respect for REAL bodybuilders! So I'll just call myself what it is, a poser that doesn't pose!
Lol. That I can respect. I was at one time a wannabe DJ. Hence my DJ name, DJ Wannabe. ;)

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well, this is the answer to your initial question then! Lol

QuinoaSucks

QuinoaSucks

Awards
Manliness is falling out of style.

Doesn't mean it will stay that way, but today is the age of the politically correct ultra-liberal skinny jean wearing hipster.

On a side note:
This could be b.s., but I've heard that birth control meds can change a woman's hormones and cause them to be less attracted to an alpha male and more attracted to a guy who is more likely to stick around and help with raising kids, pamper them, etc. The meds supposedly make their body think it's pregnant and so they look for the good guy who will stick around and help with the baby.

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Manliness is falling out of style.

Doesn't mean it will stay that way, but today is the age of the politically correct ultra-liberal skinny jean wearing hipster.

On a side note:
This could be b.s., but I've heard that birth control meds can change a woman's hormones and cause them to be less attracted to an alpha male and more attracted to a guy who is more likely to stick around and help with raising kids, pamper them, etc. The meds supposedly make their body think it's pregnant and so they look for the good guy who will stick around and help with the baby.
In my head, if you man up and help raise your kids, you are the alpha - it becomes your responsibility.