Craft Beers / Microbrews: What Are You Drinking?

Page 30 of 33 First ... 2829303132 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by jswain34 View Post
    New Hampshire. Montpelier, VT.
    Ahh ok, good sh*t dude, I was just curious. I went to Norwich, and was just trying to imagine what area was an hour "south" of MontP.

Back when I was there Magic Hat was just getting its feet wet...#9 was our go to...im sure thats not on your alls level but we loved it lol

2. Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse192 View Post
    Ahh ok, good sh*t dude, I was just curious. I went to Norwich, and was just trying to imagine what area was an hour "south" of MontP.

Back when I was there Magic Hat was just getting its feet wet...#9 was our go to...im sure thats not on your alls level but we loved it lol
    No worries, I just moved here from Indiana so im not entirely sure where Norwhich is lol. But yah i am going to get around to getting to a bunch of these places and Magic Hat is definitely on my list.
    Training log:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/267913-jswains-training-log.html
    •   

3. I'm terrible at aging anything. Fortunately, I have plenty

VaS 2.jpg
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

4. This one is pretty good, tastes similar but a little lighter than the Founders Breakfast Stout, but it is definitely good for my second stout. I went to a different liquor store that had a much better selection, they had the New Divide Yeti and a large selection of Flying Dog, but no Kujo. They also had a few other local stouts and porters I need to try.

The guy said they can’t get Ballast Point Victory at Sea, but didn’t say why.

6190FE95-E6AF-4CAA-B0D8-6BD705937B04.jpeg

5. You can check on Untappd or BeerAdvocate and see how they're rated. That's what I typically do when I see something new. Not a guarantee, but if there are over a thousand reviews, and it's rated a 4 or better, chances are it's good if you like the style.
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by rascal14 View Post
    This one is pretty good, tastes similar but a little lighter than the Founders Breakfast Stout, but it is definitely good for my second stout. I went to a different liquor store that had a much better selection, they had the New Divide Yeti and a large selection of Flying Dog, but no Kujo. They also had a few other local stouts and porters I need to try.

The guy said they can’t get Ballast Point Victory at Sea, but didn’t say why.

6190FE95-E6AF-4CAA-B0D8-6BD705937B04.jpeg
    I like Kujo!
    "It's the human condition to always lust, to always lust for more
    Searching in the dark, it's time to tame your wandering heart."

7. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    You can check on Untappd or BeerAdvocate and see how they're rated. That's what I typically do when I see something new. Not a guarantee, but if there are over a thousand reviews, and it's rated a 4 or better, chances are it's good if you like the style.
    I’ll check it out, thanks!

I also need to get atleast one decent glass so I’m not pouring into a regular water glass lol

8. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    I'm terrible at aging anything. Fortunately, I have plenty

VaS 2.jpg
    Just tried the Fathom IPA, forgot to take a pic, but really enjoyed that one...first Ballast ive had, would you say the rest of the lineup is worthwhile?

9. This was actually enjoyable...

my lifelong nickname has been Moose, hence the reason for grabbing this one, but was not disappointed either...not like a beer authority over here or anything just commenitng on what I thought

10. Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse192 View Post
    Just tried the Fathom IPA, forgot to take a pic, but really enjoyed that one...first Ballast ive had, would you say the rest of the lineup is worthwhile?
    Negative. Taste is a subjective thing, but IMO Ballast Point can be hit or miss. They have some pretty decent stuff, but there's a few turds in there also.
    Last edited by SFreed; 12-21-2017 at 05:16 PM. Reason: auto correct scks
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

11. This was great.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Martyfnemec View Post
    Hmm...
    Its bomb!

13. Quote Originally Posted by Martyfnemec View Post
    You definitely have a similar taste to me. I'm not Houdini but I could help you make those stouts disappear!

And what do you think of the CBS?
    Ya he certainly drinks some great beers!

Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    It's good. Only bottled every 6 years I believe, so not just a whale, but a real White Whale. I'm saving one for Christmas with my kids. The other, I'm uncertain. Might just hang onto it for a special day.
    Ya its a rare brew.. i bought 10 bottles... in Canada is was 8.50 bottle.. curious how it will age with the maple.

Quote Originally Posted by jswain34 View Post
    New Hampshire. Montpelier, VT.
    Dude didn't know you were in Vermont now?

You can check on Untappd or BeerAdvocate and see how they're rated. That's what I typically do when I see something new. Not a guarantee, but if there are over a thousand reviews, and it's rated a 4 or better, chances are it's good if you like the style.
    Ratebeer is also a really good source. The only down side to Untappd is I find alot of people that arent really into the craft scene use it. Thus a mediocre beer can end up with a really good rating, and a complex one lower...

Quote Originally Posted by rascal14 View Post
    I also need to get atleast one decent glass so I’m not pouring into a regular water glass lol
    For sure, glassware can totally enhance the experience (matching glass ware can do fantastic things to the nose). Try to always have a tulip, goblet/snifter on hand.

Merry Christmas my fellow Craft Beer Aficionados..
  14. Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

15. Quickly becoming a favorite. Citrus, piney, delicious

Triptych2.jpg
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper
  16. Craft Beers / Microbrews: What Are You Drinking?

Draft list (at the main bar) at Founders last night.

I had:

•BA Sumatra brown ale (from side bar)
    •CBS
    •Tank bender - 15% eisbock which is made by freezing water out of the initial beer batch to concentrate the beer for a higher ABV.
    •Dirty bastard
    •Nitro breakfast stout - even better than non nitro.
    •had another nitro breakfast
    •Backwoods bastard for my first beer of the new year.

Best draft list ive ever seen at a single brewery.
    Training log:

17. What did you think of the Tank Bender? That's one of those that I've never been able to get my hands on.
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

18. It was good. Dark fruit, malty flavors were most noticeable to me. I thought it would be way boozier than what it was. Pretty easy drinking for 15%.
    Training log:

19. Checkout what my kids got me for Christmas

Christmas2017.jpg
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

20. And this is where I started

TriptychNeo.jpg
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper
  21. Craft Beers / Microbrews: What Are You Drinking?

Checkout what my kids got me for Christmas

Christmas2017.jpg
    Some good kids you have!
    Training log:

22. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post

Christmas2017.jpg
    You clearly raised them right!

23. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post

Christmas2017.jpg
    I agree with these guys!

24. Finally got the app on my phone which will make things easier. About to grill some striploins in -25 Celsius weather...need a big boozy ipa

25. Quote Originally Posted by jswain34 View Post
    Some good kids you have!
    Quote Originally Posted by Segansational View Post
    You clearly raised them right!
    Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    I agree with these guys!
    Yes they are! We got lucky with both kids for sure.
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 62
    Last Post: 02-23-2005, 07:21 PM
  2. What are you taking?
    By Conanalois in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-25-2004, 02:38 PM
  3. What Are You Taking For Pre-Workout Energy?
    By Skark in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-15-2004, 05:25 PM
  4. what are you stocking up on?
    By megalug in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-27-2004, 09:01 PM
  5. What are you?
    By windwords7 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-13-2003, 03:03 PM