Need to vent.

Funny Monkey

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
My mother fucking ring and pinion came in today I was going to install it over spring break but I noticed they didnt send any shims to do the install. Then I noticed that the fucking thing was used. I paid for a new one looks like they just put it in a parts washer and sold it "new". Did these dumbasses really think that I wouldn't notice the sloppy loctite left behind from the first install. There is probably nothing wrong with it but damnit I paid for a new one and I'll be damned if I spend 10 hours of fucking work on my back on a cold floor in a garage just to have my damn rear end whining. This just fucks up all my plans for spring break.

Pheww that feels better I know car guys can sympathize.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
man that's the worst call them and get them to ship you new parts over night

talk about frustration ... when i was putting a catless uppipe into my wrx we got the tmic, turbo shield, downpipe, and exhaust manifold off and MOST of turbo's bolts off ... was easily 5-6 hours of work only to find out that NOTHING i did would get on last bolt off that connected the uppipe to the turbo ... used wd-40, a 2 foot breaker bar, even a compression gun NOTHING fucking worked ... i gave up and put everything back on man that sucked

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
a 2 ft breaker bar eh? i'm guessing you didnt have enough room to run a 4 footer? :D

i know all about the breaking bolts loose thing. I've installed a turbokit on my Lexus before (and then put it back to stock later on)... and now I'm about to turbocharge my Nissan....
the great thing about it is... the motor was already blown when i bought it; so i pulled the old motor out, put a running one in... but before i put it in i checked allllll the bolts on it to make sure they were workable (cept the headbolts and that kind of stuff of course)

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
which model nissan? and what engine did you put in? what turbo?

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
If it makes anybody feel better, I just totalled my car by hitting a deer last weekend.

I still owed on a car that I was leasing before this one. After the lease I began to take over payments on it. Shortly thereafter my trany went out and didn't have the cash to fix it. And I still owed 7,500 on it. So then I went to that same dealership and got hooked up with another vehicle. It was a 2002 ford focus and with it combined with my old car's remaining value, I ended up paying a 21,000 dollar loan on a ford focus...lol...talk about crazy.

So since my deer accident with my focus was deemed a total loss by my insurance company, they only gave me blue book value which was like 6,000. So I still owe on the remainder of that which is 21,000 - 6,000= $15,000 bucks man....LOL....and I don't even have **** to show for it. I've already payed off about 7,000 on it the last two years, so my final remaining lean amount is right around 8,000 dollars.

So now, I gotta get something even cheaper for awhile to save some money somehow. Talk about getting fvcked every which way.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
I have worked on Locomotives(Electro and/or Diesel) for the past 10 years. Some are as old as the 1950`s and have nuts up to 2". As of yet there has never been a nut that wouldn`t come loose with a torch or a nut splitter :cheers:

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
which model nissan? and what engine did you put in? what turbo?
just a 92 240sx base model coupe :) light as hell with no options...
easiest car i ever worked on... tons of room in the bay, etc...
i put in another KA24DE...
first turbo will be a T25, run at like 7psi with all the other boltons (3" turboback, fmic, etc)...
then i'll put some 440 injectors on with a Z32 MAF and my AFC that I have sitting here (along with my Greddy Profec B2 I still have) and run about 13-14psi, etc...
at 7psi, should net around 200whp, which is pretty quick for a 2500lb car
at 13-14psi i've seen a couple people dyno around 260-270whp... this is on the KA24DE, not the SR20...
T25 offers instant spool but runs out of steam on top end (course the SR20 T25 is what i'll be using and it is a bigger T25 than any other made)...
after that, some T25-flange based turbo, like a GT2871R or a GT25R and some 72lb injectors with a custom ECU tune...
if i get 400whp in this little car, I'd doubt I'd need anything more... hell a GTI-R T28 would net around 315-320whp and that'd be mid 12s easy enough

Lexus started with a T04E-57 trim and ended up with a 60-1... had to sell kit for monetary reasons... the SC300 5-speed is still for sale if you know anyone looking for one, its a 95 and a very rare car

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
If it makes anybody feel better, I just totalled my car by hitting a deer last weekend.

I still owed on a car that I was leasing before this one. After the lease I began to take over payments on it. Shortly thereafter my trany went out and didn't have the cash to fix it. And I still owed 7,500 on it. So then I went to that same dealership and got hooked up with another vehicle. It was a 2002 ford focus and with it combined with my old car's remaining value, I ended up paying a 21,000 dollar loan on a ford focus...lol...talk about crazy.

So since my deer accident with my focus was deemed a total loss by my insurance company, they only gave me blue book value which was like 6,000. So I still owe on the remainder of that which is 21,000 - 6,000= $15,000 bucks man....LOL....and I don't even have **** to show for it. I've already payed off about 7,000 on it the last two years, so my final remaining lean amount is right around 8,000 dollars.

So now, I gotta get something even cheaper for awhile to save some money somehow. Talk about getting fvcked every which way.
for future reference, find a couple car-guy friends who are into fwd imports... and then pay them to put a junkyard tranny in your car (or whatever part breaks)... 90% of newer junkyard parts have warranties on them and cost next to nothing... i just checked; avg value on a 2001-2002 Ford Focus Zetec DOHC-model auto tranny costs about $300-$400 with warranty... and any backyard mechanic can install it...

hell look at me, i'm a computer geek and i pulled out an entire engine/tranny by myself on my 240sx and installed a working one (Even swapped over all the accessories, etc) and it runs like a top...

don't ever let anyone tell you junkyard parts are crap (because if its a newer car its not)... they cant sell broken parts from an accident, has to be in good shape... even older used cars, such as mine, can be found easily in good condition
junkyard database (not to be confused with carparts.com):
http://www.car-part.com

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the tip Bean. I'll keep that in mind in the future. Thing is, my trany went out like at the worst possible time...I was still going to college and things and needed a car to depend on...so I bit the bullet and got burnt as you can see. For now on, I'm never buying a brand new car. I'ma stick to descent pre-owned vehicles and look for the good steals.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
local nickel-trader is the best if you're a mechanic... can find easy fixer-uppers for next to nothing