Gym name ideas?

riseabove5

riseabove5

Awards
I will soon be opening a gym in Kansas, and the only thing I'm having trouble with is coming up with a name.. Suggestions??

Darc_Chylde

Darc_Chylde

Awards
Foo Dawgs' Gym..! I was gonna use that for my Dojo. You can go all out with Foo Dog's, Snakes, and Dragon's for the theme... Maybe name it after your heroes, idols, or ancestors.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What kind of stuff do you like? Does the gym lean towards any sort of discipline? Your name or nickname?

riseabove5

riseabove5

Awards
I'm going to incorporate classic gold gym with new cross fit so I will have two different communities.

So far the names I have are
Fit Fam
iCon Fitness
KC Fitness

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The M3GAPL3X - don't judge me lol

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
I liked Icon Fitness

It made me think of 'iCan Fitness'

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
CrossIron Fitness
Iron Crucible
IronFlex
IronCross

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
The Forge Fitness. Forge a new foundation for your body today... Lol right out of a commercial

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
I will soon be opening a gym in Kansas, and the only thing I'm having trouble with is coming up with a name.. Suggestions??
Bro?! Where at?! I live in Topeka lol

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
IFORTRESS

Dale King

Awards
Started a few businesses in my time, Key thing i usually do is have one window open with a domain registration site on it (like go daddy or whatever) - Getting a name that doesn't have a registered domain is awesome. Helps with google rankings and stuff and just makes everything easier down the line.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Fit Farm
Jungle Gym

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
I'ma Throw Some Steel... Bitches!

riseabove5

riseabove5

Awards
I had my mind set on rise above fitness but then found out there's a gym in Cali named that

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
Oz since your in Kansas or iron wizards.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Iron Wizards.......I Like It !!

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
I can even picture the logo a swole ass wizard with a staff in one hand and doing a dumbbell curl with the other.

juniorab

juniorab

Awards
Let me ask you a serious question, are you starting this gym up to try and make money and a career off of, or is this just a place for you to train and have it how you want it? If you are actually trying to make a go of this and are depending on it to pay your bills, I wouldn't recommend naming it 99% of the names that have been given in this thread. Stay as far away from a "hardcore" or "iron" name as possible. There's no money it that type of facility any more unless you have a very tight following of wannabe muscleheads that you know for a 100% fact would join. You need something "fitness" or "health" orientated that isn't intimidating if you want to try and make a go of it. The middle aged female is where you will get most of your income, and they don't want to go to a place called "Joe's Hardcore Raging Iron". Now, if this is just a place for you to go and toss around weights and spit and slap chalk around, then call it whatever you want, cause who gives a crap about trying to market to the masses.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Let me ask you a serious question, are you starting this gym up to try and make money and a career off of, or is this just a place for you to train and have it how you want it? If you are actually trying to make a go of this and are depending on it to pay your bills, I wouldn't recommend naming it 99% of the names that have been given in this thread. Stay as far away from a "hardcore" or "iron" name as possible. There's no money it that type of facility any more unless you have a very tight following of wannabe muscleheads that you know for a 100% fact would join. You need something "fitness" or "health" orientated that isn't intimidating if you want to try and make a go of it. The middle aged female is where you will get most of your income, and they don't want to go to a place called "Joe's Hardcore Raging Iron". Now, if this is just a place for you to go and toss around weights and spit and slap chalk around, then call it whatever you want, cause who gives a crap about trying to market to the masses.
Haha I enjoyed reading that.

Name it The Live Healthy, Look Sexy Gym.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Very Good Point, The Money Is Made Selling Memberships to people who never come, and you still wack there Credit Card every month!

juniorab

juniorab

Awards
Haha I enjoyed reading that.

Name it The Live Healthy, Look Sexy Gym.
Very Good Point, The Money Is Made Selling Memberships to people who never come, and you still wack there Credit Card every month!
Exactly. I wasn't going to even post in this thread, but felt with all the goofy names that we personally think are awesome, he would be bankrupt before even opening the doors. I've made a living for close to the past 20 years in this industry. I've been a personal trainer and competitive bodybuilder for 18 years, managed gyms and fitness facilities for 7 years, was the director of marketing and promotions for a chain of gyms for close to 3 years, and currently own a chain of fitness equipment stores. I've seen what makes fitness companies extremely successful and also fail terribly.

Your point on the monthly credit card debit, is absolutely correct. P.A.P(pre authorized payments) are the only way to go with a fitness facility. I wouldn't even offer a monthly, or yearly rate. By doing it monthly, you don't have to budget your winter earnings over the summer, as well you will have people forget that they are paying you every month. It may sound like a crappy attitude to have, but it's their responsibility to cancel it, not the business owners.

But, what do I know? :shrug:

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My business partner joined Planet Fitness 3 years ago, the only time he has ever stepped foot in the door was when he signed up, but has made payment ever since....."It's Only $ 10.00 a Month"

riseabove5

riseabove5

Awards
Exactly. I wasn't going to even post in this thread, but felt with all the goofy names that we personally think are awesome, he would be bankrupt before even opening the doors. I've made a living for close to the past 20 years in this industry. I've been a personal trainer and competitive bodybuilder for 18 years, managed gyms and fitness facilities for 7 years, was the director of marketing and promotions for a chain of gyms for close to 3 years, and currently own a chain of fitness equipment stores. I've seen what makes fitness companies extremely successful and also fail terribly. Your point on the monthly credit card debit, is absolutely correct. P.A.P(pre authorized payments) are the only way to go with a fitness facility. I wouldn't even offer a monthly, or yearly rate. By doing it monthly, you don't have to budget your winter earnings over the summer, as well you will have people forget that they are paying you every month. It may sound like a crappy attitude to have, but it's their responsibility to cancel it, not the business owners. But, what do I know? :shrug:
Couldn't agree more. I want something welcoming, unique but original.

juniorab

juniorab

Awards
My business partner joined Planet Fitness 3 years ago, the only time he has ever stepped foot in the door was when he signed up, but has made payment ever since....."It's Only $ 10.00 a Month"
And I'm sure Planet Fitness is very appreciative of the $360 donation your business partner has given them.

juniorab

juniorab

Awards
Couldn't agree more. I want something welcoming, unique but original.
Ok, since I've opened up this can of worms, mind if I ask you about your plans? Maybe I can help you out in some way.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Tagger

Tagger

Awards