Gym name ideas? - AnabolicMinds.com

Gym name ideas?

  1. New Member
    riseabove5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    139
    Rep Power
    299

    Reputation

    Gym name ideas?


    I will soon be opening a gym in Kansas, and the only thing I'm having trouble with is coming up with a name.. Suggestions??

  2. New Member
    Darc_Chylde's Avatar
    Stats
    5'4"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    37

    Reputation

    Foo Dawgs' Gym..! I was gonna use that for my Dojo. You can go all out with Foo Dog's, Snakes, and Dragon's for the theme... Maybe name it after your heroes, idols, or ancestors.
  3. Senior Member
    nicksox15's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,162
    Rep Power
    1435618

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    What kind of stuff do you like? Does the gym lean towards any sort of discipline? Your name or nickname?
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    riseabove5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    139
    Rep Power
    299

    Reputation

    I'm going to incorporate classic gold gym with new cross fit so I will have two different communities.

    So far the names I have are
    Fit Fam
    iCon Fitness
    KC Fitness
  5. Senior Member
    TheMovement's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,624
    Rep Power
    1516781

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    The M3GAPL3X - don't judge me lol
    Bigger and Better Is all I KNOW!!!
    Current Log= http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/250352-follidrone-cutting-package.html
  6. Senior Member
    Docmattic's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,085
    Rep Power
    54640

    Reputation Reputation

    I liked Icon Fitness

    It made me think of 'iCan Fitness'
    ~Get shredded or die trying! The alphamine chapter~
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213632-get-shredded-die.html
  7. Senior Member
    NattyForLife's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,686
    Rep Power
    526298

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Power shack
    The Weight Pile
    Body Performance Solutions (BPS) Representative
  8. Professional Member
    kenpoengineer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Age
    54
    Posts
    4,328
    Rep Power
    2425415

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    CrossIron Fitness
    Iron Crucible
    IronFlex
    IronCross
  9. Senior Member
    mtinsideout's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,322
    Rep Power
    440550

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    The Forge Fitness. Forge a new foundation for your body today... Lol right out of a commercial
  10. Senior Member
    Tagger's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,001
    Rep Power
    535833

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by riseabove5 View Post
    I will soon be opening a gym in Kansas, and the only thing I'm having trouble with is coming up with a name.. Suggestions??
    Bro?! Where at?! I live in Topeka lol
    Tagger's THE1 by Olympus Labs Log - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254327-taggers-the1-log.html#post4598010
  11. Senior Member
    Tagger's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,001
    Rep Power
    535833

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    IFORTRESS
    Tagger's THE1 by Olympus Labs Log - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254327-taggers-the1-log.html#post4598010
  12. New Member
    Darc_Chylde's Avatar
    Stats
    5'4"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    37

    Reputation

    Weights, Cakes, & Protein Shakes..!
  13. New Member
    Dale King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    16

    Reputation

    Started a few businesses in my time, Key thing i usually do is have one window open with a domain registration site on it (like go daddy or whatever) - Getting a name that doesn't have a registered domain is awesome. Helps with google rankings and stuff and just makes everything easier down the line.
  14. New Member
    Rocket3015's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Age
    56
    Posts
    247
    Rep Power
    107130

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Fit Farm
    Jungle Gym
    Instead of the government banning steroids they should ban the candy and donuts!
  15. Senior Member
    Tagger's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,001
    Rep Power
    535833

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I'ma Throw Some Steel... Bitches!
    Tagger's THE1 by Olympus Labs Log - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254327-taggers-the1-log.html#post4598010
  16. New Member
    riseabove5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    139
    Rep Power
    299

    Reputation

    I had my mind set on rise above fitness but then found out there's a gym in Cali named that
  17. Advanced Member
    Oscar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    863
    Rep Power
    195188

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Oz since your in Kansas or iron wizards.
    The Swole Stoner
  18. New Member
    Rocket3015's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Age
    56
    Posts
    247
    Rep Power
    107130

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Iron Wizards.......I Like It !!
    Instead of the government banning steroids they should ban the candy and donuts!
  19. Advanced Member
    Oscar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    863
    Rep Power
    195188

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I can even picture the logo a swole ass wizard with a staff in one hand and doing a dumbbell curl with the other.
    The Swole Stoner
  20. New Member
    juniorab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    172
    Rep Power
    288434

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Let me ask you a serious question, are you starting this gym up to try and make money and a career off of, or is this just a place for you to train and have it how you want it? If you are actually trying to make a go of this and are depending on it to pay your bills, I wouldn't recommend naming it 99% of the names that have been given in this thread. Stay as far away from a "hardcore" or "iron" name as possible. There's no money it that type of facility any more unless you have a very tight following of wannabe muscleheads that you know for a 100% fact would join. You need something "fitness" or "health" orientated that isn't intimidating if you want to try and make a go of it. The middle aged female is where you will get most of your income, and they don't want to go to a place called "Joe's Hardcore Raging Iron". Now, if this is just a place for you to go and toss around weights and spit and slap chalk around, then call it whatever you want, cause who gives a crap about trying to market to the masses.
  21. Senior Member
    Tagger's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,001
    Rep Power
    535833

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by juniorab View Post
    Let me ask you a serious question, are you starting this gym up to try and make money and a career off of, or is this just a place for you to train and have it how you want it? If you are actually trying to make a go of this and are depending on it to pay your bills, I wouldn't recommend naming it 99% of the names that have been given in this thread. Stay as far away from a "hardcore" or "iron" name as possible. There's no money it that type of facility any more unless you have a very tight following of wannabe muscleheads that you know for a 100% fact would join. You need something "fitness" or "health" orientated that isn't intimidating if you want to try and make a go of it. The middle aged female is where you will get most of your income, and they don't want to go to a place called "Joe's Hardcore Raging Iron". Now, if this is just a place for you to go and toss around weights and spit and slap chalk around, then call it whatever you want, cause who gives a crap about trying to market to the masses.
    Haha I enjoyed reading that.

    Name it The Live Healthy, Look Sexy Gym.
    Tagger's THE1 by Olympus Labs Log - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254327-taggers-the1-log.html#post4598010
  22. New Member
    Rocket3015's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Age
    56
    Posts
    247
    Rep Power
    107130

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by juniorab View Post
    Let me ask you a serious question, are you starting this gym up to try and make money and a career off of, or is this just a place for you to train and have it how you want it? If you are actually trying to make a go of this and are depending on it to pay your bills, I wouldn't recommend naming it 99% of the names that have been given in this thread. Stay as far away from a "hardcore" or "iron" name as possible. There's no money it that type of facility any more unless you have a very tight following of wannabe muscleheads that you know for a 100% fact would join. You need something "fitness" or "health" orientated that isn't intimidating if you want to try and make a go of it. The middle aged female is where you will get most of your income, and they don't want to go to a place called "Joe's Hardcore Raging Iron". Now, if this is just a place for you to go and toss around weights and spit and slap chalk around, then call it whatever you want, cause who gives a crap about trying to market to the masses.
    Very Good Point, The Money Is Made Selling Memberships to people who never come, and you still wack there Credit Card every month!
    Instead of the government banning steroids they should ban the candy and donuts!
  23. New Member
    juniorab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    172
    Rep Power
    288434

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Tagger View Post
    Haha I enjoyed reading that.

    Name it The Live Healthy, Look Sexy Gym.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket3015 View Post
    Very Good Point, The Money Is Made Selling Memberships to people who never come, and you still wack there Credit Card every month!
    Exactly. I wasn't going to even post in this thread, but felt with all the goofy names that we personally think are awesome, he would be bankrupt before even opening the doors. I've made a living for close to the past 20 years in this industry. I've been a personal trainer and competitive bodybuilder for 18 years, managed gyms and fitness facilities for 7 years, was the director of marketing and promotions for a chain of gyms for close to 3 years, and currently own a chain of fitness equipment stores. I've seen what makes fitness companies extremely successful and also fail terribly.

    Your point on the monthly credit card debit, is absolutely correct. P.A.P(pre authorized payments) are the only way to go with a fitness facility. I wouldn't even offer a monthly, or yearly rate. By doing it monthly, you don't have to budget your winter earnings over the summer, as well you will have people forget that they are paying you every month. It may sound like a crappy attitude to have, but it's their responsibility to cancel it, not the business owners.

    But, what do I know?
  24. New Member
    Rocket3015's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Age
    56
    Posts
    247
    Rep Power
    107130

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    My business partner joined Planet Fitness 3 years ago, the only time he has ever stepped foot in the door was when he signed up, but has made payment ever since....."It's Only $ 10.00 a Month"
    Instead of the government banning steroids they should ban the candy and donuts!
  25. New Member
    riseabove5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    139
    Rep Power
    299

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by juniorab View Post
    Exactly. I wasn't going to even post in this thread, but felt with all the goofy names that we personally think are awesome, he would be bankrupt before even opening the doors. I've made a living for close to the past 20 years in this industry. I've been a personal trainer and competitive bodybuilder for 18 years, managed gyms and fitness facilities for 7 years, was the director of marketing and promotions for a chain of gyms for close to 3 years, and currently own a chain of fitness equipment stores. I've seen what makes fitness companies extremely successful and also fail terribly. Your point on the monthly credit card debit, is absolutely correct. P.A.P(pre authorized payments) are the only way to go with a fitness facility. I wouldn't even offer a monthly, or yearly rate. By doing it monthly, you don't have to budget your winter earnings over the summer, as well you will have people forget that they are paying you every month. It may sound like a crappy attitude to have, but it's their responsibility to cancel it, not the business owners. But, what do I know?
    Couldn't agree more. I want something welcoming, unique but original.
  26. New Member
    juniorab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    172
    Rep Power
    288434

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket3015 View Post
    My business partner joined Planet Fitness 3 years ago, the only time he has ever stepped foot in the door was when he signed up, but has made payment ever since....."It's Only $ 10.00 a Month"
    And I'm sure Planet Fitness is very appreciative of the $360 donation your business partner has given them.
  27. New Member
    juniorab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    172
    Rep Power
    288434

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by riseabove5 View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I want something welcoming, unique but original.
    Ok, since I've opened up this can of worms, mind if I ask you about your plans? Maybe I can help you out in some way.
  28. New Member
    Rocket3015's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Age
    56
    Posts
    247
    Rep Power
    107130

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket3015 View Post
    Iron Wizards.......I Like It !!
    Ok I am Changing my name "Wizard Fitness we make Magic Happen "
    Instead of the government banning steroids they should ban the candy and donuts!
  29. New Member
    juniorab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    172
    Rep Power
    288434

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket3015 View Post
    Ok I am Changing my name "Wizard Fitness we make Magic Happen "
    With a GQ-ish Harry Potter as a mascot?
  30. New Member
    IronTitan41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    13

    Reputation

    "the house of gains" lol
  31. Senior Member
    Tagger's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,001
    Rep Power
    535833

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by IronTitan41 View Post
    "the house of gains" lol
    Lol, would be cool.
    Tagger's THE1 by Olympus Labs Log - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254327-taggers-the1-log.html#post4598010
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Gym incentive ideas
    By GeekPoop in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-28-2013, 12:33 PM
  2. Gym names...
    By BigFatPanda in forum General Chat
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-06-2010, 05:46 PM
  3. Random Gym names
    By PumpingIron in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-10-2006, 01:26 PM
  4. starting a gym... ideas/thoughts
    By not_big_enuf in forum General Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-26-2005, 11:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in