My oldest

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Tomorrow my oldest son will be 18!!!!! He is a good boy and smart.
He has never come home high or drunk and never smoked that I know of. Quite an accomplishment in todays society.
Thanks for listening to me.. and any of you fathers make sure to give your kids a hug, lord knows they need it.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
I have an idea how proud you must be: my daughter just celebrated her 17th birthday last week; she's at the top of her class, doesn't drink, smoke, run around w/ fast boys(!), and has already been accepted by the state university.

There's something exquisite about seeing them grow into decent, solid, confident adults...and hugs are as much a part of making that happen as all the rest - a father's heart is a potent force! You have every right to be proud of him - and you have the satisfaction of an important job done right.

Hats off to your boy - and to you!

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
My girl is only 15 months old. Ummm, any tips bodywizard? She's already bratty as hell. She drives me insane, but makes up for it by being so damn cute.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
I also have 3 girls and 2 more boys by the way :lol:

Enjoy her while she is little man, they grow so fast. From now till school age is the time you have the most influnce
on your children and who they will become. Once they start school your time with them is cut in half . Then peer presence will kick
in. But if you establish good values at a young age you will have very little to worry about.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I also have 3 girls and 2 more boys by the way :lol:

Enjoy her while she is little man, they grow so fast. From now till school age is the time you have the most influnce
on your children and who they will become. Once they start school your time with them is cut in half . Then peer presence will kick
in. But if you establish good values at a young age you will have very little to worry about.
Most definately. I'm looking forward to her talking so I can actually have conversations with her. Right now she's really vocal, but of course she can't really speak. She's getting smarter and more aware by the day. For instance, I'll tell her to get a diaper so I can change her and she runs off, gets one and brings it back to me. How old are your 3 girls? My wife already wants to send ours to an all girls school when she's old enough.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
14 and twins 11... She will never cease to amaze you.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
Biggest thing I could suggest would be to give her your attention freely - if you're not around because of work, she'll be coming to you over and over again, mking sure you're still there, and just for the pleasure of seeing you. By not making her struggle of act up for your attention, you're telling her that she's important, that there's room for her in your arms and your heart and your life. It may seem nike a never-ending stream of interruptions sometimes, but she'll grow up solid and secure about her place in the world; she'll learn that you're there for her no matter what, and she'll depend on that - it will make you her rock and her refuge as she grows.

Don't judge her, don't push her away, be fair and consistent, correct her when you need to - scold her from time to time if you must - but once you build that bond between her heart and yours, it will never break. Build it strong, and spare no effort.

If she knows you & trusts you and can talk to you about anything, that will carry over into every area of her life - she'll have no need for a girl's school, because she'll know she can hold her own in the classroom, on a date, wherever she goes.

Being my daughter's father is hands-down the most important and most satisfying thing I've ever done.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
SIX kids???

Sounds like a very full and satisfying life - you're a rich man!

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Biggest thing I could suggest would be to give her your attention freely - if you're not around because of work, she'll be coming to you over and over again, mking sure you're still there, and just for the pleasure of seeing you. By not making her struggle of act up for your attention, you're telling her that she's important, that there's room for her in your arms and your heart and your life. It may seem nike a never-ending stream of interruptions sometimes, but she'll grow up solid and secure about her place in the world; she'll learn that you're there for her no matter what, and she'll depend on that - it will make you her rock and her refuge as she grows.

Don't judge her, don't push her away, be fair and consistent, correct her when you need to - scold her from time to time if you must - but once you build that bond between her heart and yours, it will never break. Build it strong, and spare no effort.

If she knows you & trusts you and can talk to you about anything, that will carry over into every area of her life - she'll have no need for a girl's school, because she'll know she can hold her own in the classroom, on a date, wherever she goes.

Being my daughter's father is hands-down the most important and most satisfying thing I've ever done.
:goodpost:

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like all three of you are very rich men.