Clothes Shopping?

BoneDaddy

BoneDaddy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SO I've always wanted to ask this, but just haven't ever gotten around to it. Is it hard for you guys to buy normal off the rack stuff when it comes to shirts, too? My shoulders are too damn wide and my back is too damn thick for most regular shirts, and with this modern fit bull**** that seems to be in, it's generally a lost cause. Most of the cool stuff seems to be made for the anorexic metrosexual bitches who don't lift. Do you guys have any online sites for us thick and wide guys or particular stores that seem to work for you?

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
SO I've always wanted to ask this, but just haven't ever gotten around to it. Is it hard for you guys to buy normal off the rack stuff when it comes to shirts, too? My shoulders are too damn wide and my back is too damn thick for most regular shirts, and with this modern fit bull**** that seems to be in, it's generally a lost cause. Most of the cool stuff seems to be made for the anorexic metrosexual bitches who don't lift. Do you guys have any online sites for us thick and wide guys or particular stores that seem to work for you?
I ****ing hate shopping for pants. Former fatty and tend to walk on my toes so my calves are nearly as big as my upper thighs but can comfortably button a size 28 waist with plenty of room. Baggy or skin tight, so hard to find a happy medium

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
T-shirts I dont have a problem with but button downs are a nightmare anymore. There so tight around my back I cant move my arms fo fear of ripping. And don't even get me started on jeans. Every friggin pair is skinny jeans and even the ones that arent are way too slim through the thigh. I have the same problem as RD in that my waist is a 30 but I have yet to find a pair of jeans that size that fits my thighs.

BoneDaddy

BoneDaddy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've found Lucky jeans to be the best in that regard. And yes, button ups are the worst. I feel like if I move at all the biceps and the lats will bust out at any moment!!

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
You guys have to try the modern fits. For Tops, use modern fit and go like 1-2 sizes than your normal size. Then for jeans try tapered like a levis 508. You'll thank me for the jeans if you haven't tried it yet

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You guys have to try the modern fits. For Tops, use modern fit and go like 1-2 sizes than your normal size. Then for jeans try tapered like a levis 508. You'll thank me for the jeans if you haven't tried it yet
Yeah, I'm by no means huge but I do have broad shoulders and a large upper back. What actually works best for me is buying extra slim shirts a size too big then getting the sleeves tailored if needed. Seems to be the only way to find shirts that don't look boxy as hell. And I did find a fit of Levi's I like quite a bit , can't recall what it is at the moment but the biggest issue I have is with slacks. For a premium price bonobos do fit me incredibly though and the customer service is fantastic for helping you pick a fit based on your measurement.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I'm by no means huge but I do have broad shoulders and a large upper back. What actually works best for me is buying extra slim shirts a size too big then getting the sleeves tailored if needed. Seems to be the only way to find shirts that don't look boxy as hell. And I did find a fit of Levi's I like quite a bit , can't recall what it is at the moment but the biggest issue I have is with slacks. For a premium price bonobos do fit me incredibly though and the customer service is fantastic for helping you pick a fit based on your measurement.
Sounds like you have it handled my man

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have a hard time with shirts. If I get a fitted shirt, it is a nice fit in the lower part, ab portion of the shirt, but sometimes can be too tight in the chest and back. As far as pants and jeans, I have to get a bigger size waist. If I get the waist I need, I have a hard time getting the pants on my quads and over my butt. I have a squat booty. Sometimes I can get the waist size I need, but then the pants are way too tight for my liking in the upper leg and butt part.

A nice t shirt brand for guys that lift is American Rag. They are sold as Macy's for $10, an everyday price. They are usually plain with no graphics which is nice. Comes in a short v neck and crew neck.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Jeans: Lee Modern Series Relaxed Bootcut - $27. Wrangler has the same thing in a rougher fabric with less seat/butt for $20.
Slacks: Haggar Stria - $30
Polos: Izod - $20?
Short Sleeve Button Up: Banana Republic - $20?
Long Sleeve Button-up: Geoffrey Beene - $30?

Ya'll got any shorts suggestions? Best I can find is Lee Dungaree cargos in a size too big.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
buttown downs are terrible....i'm 5'5 so the bottom of the shirt is either super long or looks like a garbage bag, express button downs fit well for the most part, other ones are hit or miss

t shirts could be the same way, ralph lauren v necks fit well but the shirt doesn't fit right around the waist and looks super baggy, for me banana republic v necks are too loose around the neck and shoulders

BoneDaddy

BoneDaddy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Jeans: Lee Modern Series Relaxed Bootcut - $27. Wrangler has the same thing in a rougher fabric with less seat/butt for $20.
Slacks: Haggar Stria - $30
Polos: Izod - $20?
Short Sleeve Button Up: Banana Republic - $20?
Long Sleeve Button-up: Geoffrey Beene - $30?

Ya'll got any shorts suggestions? Best I can find is Lee Dungaree cargos in a size too big.
I have yet to find better, more comfortable jeans than Luckys. Also, Banana republic probably fit me the worst!

buttown downs are terrible....i'm 5'5 so the bottom of the shirt is either super long or looks like a garbage bag, express button downs fit well for the most part, other ones are hit or miss

t shirts could be the same way, ralph lauren v necks fit well but the shirt doesn't fit right around the waist and looks super baggy, for me banana republic v necks are too loose around the neck and shoulders
I've never tried the V necks from CR, I'll have to give that a shot.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
At a hundred bones a pair, those Lucky jeans better be the best. They were honestly my last resort and I was moments from trying some on before I tried the Lees.

It might be worth noting that my shirt size is 19-35/36, so I think I'm in 2XL's at Banana Republic.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm kinda screwed too cause I'm tall, for my work shirts (button downs and slacks) I'm almost to the point I'm going to start needing them tailored. Most I have now are getting too tight around the chest, due to back and chest growing. It's a good problem to have but I hate clothes shopping so I was hoping to be able to put it off, lol. And for short sleeve shirts I hate XL cause they're usually too baggy in the middle but Larges make it look like I'm wearing a kids shirt on my arms and chest. And women think they have it rough, lol

BoneDaddy

BoneDaddy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
At a hundred bones a pair, those Lucky jeans better be the best. They were honestly my last resort and I was moments from trying some on before I tried the Lees.

It might be worth noting that my shirt size is 19-35/36, so I think I'm in 2XL's at Banana Republic.
I love my Luckys so much, I'd gladly pay $150 a pair

I'm kinda screwed too cause I'm tall, for my work shirts (button downs and slacks) I'm almost to the point I'm going to start needing them tailored. Most I have now are getting too tight around the chest, due to back and chest growing. It's a good problem to have but I hate clothes shopping so I was hoping to be able to put it off, lol. And for short sleeve shirts I hate XL cause they're usually too baggy in the middle but Larges make it look like I'm wearing a kids shirt on my arms and chest. And women think they have it rough, lol

Women have it EASY! Go into any store and look at the size difference in the mens dept compared to the womens. Bitches.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
As a follow-up, I tried Luckys this weekend. Holy crap skinny jeans. I put on the bootcut (the only cut that got up my legs) and you could see the separation of each muscle in detail. I barely got the pants up my thighs. I could imagine just bursting out of them like a popped balloon if I sat down.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
As a follow-up, I tried Luckys this weekend. Holy crap skinny jeans. I put on the bootcut (the only cut that got up my legs) and you could see the separation of each muscle in detail. I barely got the pants up my thighs. I could imagine just bursting out of them like a popped balloon if I sat down.
A bodybuilder has no business in the skinny jeans dept ;)

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love my Luckys so much, I'd gladly pay $150 a pair Women have it EASY! Go into any store and look at the size difference in the mens dept compared to the womens. Bitches.
I have to disagree..
Not all women have it easy!
I have a horrible time clothes shopping!
Oh wait I'm a beast, that's why, lol....
;)

malik2630

Awards
well i think online shopping is best, you can get your product at your home, at single screen you can choose from thousands of products. And now days many sites offer so much discount or coupons so you get your stuff on very reasonable price.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Worthwhile first post. Thanks for the insight.

juniorab

juniorab

Awards
Wait... You can actually buy things online now? I thought the internet was only for pron and trolling forums?