Getting online personal training

wokko

wokko

Awards
Iv been thinking about this for a while now. I thought I'd ask on here first to see what people think. There is a dude called Josef Rakich that does an online person training and nutrition program specifically designed for your needs *or so iv heard* and I just thought that considering my knowledge on training and nutrition isn't that great I'd be better suited with this to help with my gains. I know that some off you will say "why don't you just see a personal trainer at a gym" but at the minute I don't go to a gym, I train from home plus I don't have the money for a personal trainer other than the online offer off '$99'. But yeah your advice on this will be appreciated:)

asilentj3w

Awards
Tough one. As for nutrition I don't see it being an issue. In the gym it's a different story though. Unless you skype or record your whole workout you can't get form checks or little tips from the person and the mental aspect of having someone there to push you. I've never had a trainer in person or online though so maybe someone else can give better advice

wokko

wokko

Awards
Tough one. As for nutrition I don't see it being an issue. In the gym it's a different story though. Unless you skype or record your whole workout you can't get form checks or little tips from the person and the mental aspect of having someone there to push you. I've never had a trainer in person or online though so maybe someone else can give better advice
The mental aspect I don't need as I can push myself a decent amount enough as it is haha I have been training in the martial arts for nearly 15 years plus when I was 15 years off age I stated getting really into my weight training and nutrition but stopped as I was training for my black belt in kickboxing which required more cardio and technical training than weight training. then after that I just continued with cardio such as hiit, body weight circuits and high intensity weighted circuits. But I never gained enough information on nutrition and bodybuilding in order to take my physique past what it got too.
So that's what got me thinking about the online personal training.

asilentj3w

Awards
If you just need the basics I suppose online coaching wouldn't be too bad

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I know lots who offer online training (I do myself as well and pay for online coaching).

JTS had a good article on what to expect from both a coach and athlete a couple weeks ago: http://jtsstrength.com/articles/2014/06/09/22095/

My advice would be to e-mail the coach, see what their training entails, see if you'd be a good fit, and look for reviews from that specific individual.

You don't want just a cookie cutter approach (some "coaches" just throw out the same thing to everyone and take on a boatload of "clients" to make money). If they are truly worth it they should be able to let you know what they offer AND if they'd be the right person for your specific goals.

wokko

wokko

Awards
I know lots who offer online training (I do myself as well and pay for online coaching). JTS had a good article on what to expect from both a coach and athlete a couple weeks ago: http://jtsstrength.com/articles/2014/06/09/22095/ My advice would be to e-mail the coach, see what their training entails, see if you'd be a good fit, and look for reviews from that specific individual. You don't want just a cookie cutter approach (some "coaches" just throw out the same thing to everyone and take on a boatload of "clients" to make money). If they are truly worth it they should be able to let you know what they offer AND if they'd be the right person for your specific goals.
I emailed a couple and I just seemed to get a generic reply email when I was asking personal questions about my specific goal! I follow this guy Josef Rakich on Instagram and he posts pictures off his clients on there along with their insta names so you can follow there progress, I asked one off his clients who had a very decent transformation from his online personal training and he said that it was well worth it so it does seem legit. I just hope that he can cater for my specific needs I just can seem to find out because I got that generic 'buy my program and change your life' kind off reply. He is from New Zealand and I'm from the uk which could also be a problem as far as what food products to purchase. I have found one based in the uk called LDNmuscle but their products seem more like guides that an actual person trainer type system.