member of the month?

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i was bored and the thought popped into my head it would be cool if AM had a member of the month perhaps nominated by the members based on helpfullness, contribution, good person, etc. and then the mods could go to their secret "mod-cave" and vote each month for the member of the month and maybe ... just htinking out loud ... the winner could receive a gift certificate to one of the board sponsors or something

what does everyone think?

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
I think the idea is cool. I just don't like to think of all those guys in the secret "mod-cave".

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

I too would like to nominate myself! I actually think it is a really cool idea!

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
I think it's a great idea. I haven't had time to be around much lately, but I've been very impressed with what I've seen from a lot of members. I'll bring it up in the super secret mod cave.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
sweet hopefully this will get off the ground ... and hopefully one of the policies will be you canNOT nominate yourself ...crazy egomaniacs ... lol

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
sweet hopefully this will get off the ground ... and hopefully one of the policies will be you canNOT nominate yourself ...crazy egomaniacs ... lol
I agree and therefore nominate glenihan :) I think the easiest way to accomplish this would be to have a rep point system that other boards use. But that can also create problems of it's own.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
I think cr4ytonic needs a freebie since his gf is withholding sex because of his "man hands"... or WG who had a block of ice fall on!her head and damn near give her a concussion :p

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Well since Glenihan came up with the idea, I'm sure we all know who is getting nominated...:rolleyes:..........j/k LOL

It's a good idea...but the only problem is we'd be rotating through the same 3-4 people repeatedly (assuming mods / sponsors / and ESPECIALLY admins :D are excluded)..... The people who were most helpful this month were last month and the month before and so on.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
hard to pick - this is a great board w/ a lot of great people!

BTW, I think it's *very* cool of Wrangler Girl to hang w/ us thugs for so long...hope your noggin's feeling better, girl.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
Well since Glenihan came up with the idea, I'm sure we all know who is getting nominated...:rolleyes:..........j/k LOL

It's a good idea...but the only problem is we'd be rotating through the same 3-4 people repeatedly (assuming mods / sponsors / and ESPECIALLY admins :D are excluded)..... The people who were most helpful this month were last month and the month before and so on.
so just make it a rule you can only be MoM once a year or something along those lines ... i think there are MANY helpful people .. and sometimes people have great months ... ie i remember Chemist's first month on the board, he was getting praised left and right because although he was a newbie to the board and the game he wasn't an idiot and showed exactly how a new member trying to gain knowledge and do his research before jumping into things should act (not to say that Chemist only had 1 good month lol just an example of something that stood out in my mind as a great month)

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
I like the idea. Are Mods elligable? :lol:

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I like the idea. Are Mods elligable? :lol:
Mod or not, I would never vote for you! J/k, I'll vote for one of the sponsors, but only if I get free stuff. :box: :icon_lol:

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
The idea was brought up a while back, but I don't think a Mod was hit up about it. Good idea though.

Maybe...depending on the person, as a reward, make the person an "honorary" Mod with limited powers. Not that I'd ever get it, but I would like to know what the hell goes on in that secret Mod cave. :blink:

Last edited:

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
The idea was brought up a while back, but I don't think a Mod was hit up about it. Good idea though.

Maybe...depending on the person, as a reqard, make the person an "honorary" Mod with limited powers. Not that I'd ever get it, but I would like to know what the hell goes on in that secret Mod cave. :blink:
Just to let you guys know. We are throwing ideas back and forth in the "mod cave". Some of them are pretty cool. I don't want to give away too much info yet in case this doesn't happen. I don't want to get anyones hopes up. I'll keep ya'all posted.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
...i wonder if the "mod cave" has its own version of Alfred the butler...

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
...i wonder if the "mod cave" has its own version of Alfred the butler...
Actually, we all gang up on Bobo and make him dress like a french maid while he serves us drinks. :drunk: :icon_lol:

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Actually, we all gang up on Bobo and make him dress like a french maid while he serves us drinks. :drunk: :icon_lol:
"gang up"..."french maid"...sounds like a little more than some drinking going on in there. :lol:

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
I want to nominate whover started that webcam girls ass thread in the adult section a while back. HOOCHIE MAMA!!!!!

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
damnit man, enough about the mod cave, we will have no secrets!!! :nono:

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
so just make it a rule you can only be MoM once a year or something along those lines ... i think there are MANY helpful people .. and sometimes people have great months ... ie i remember Chemist's first month on the board, he was getting praised left and right because although he was a newbie to the board and the game he wasn't an idiot and showed exactly how a new member trying to gain knowledge and do his research before jumping into things should act (not to say that Chemist only had 1 good month lol just an example of something that stood out in my mind as a great month)
And if you remember he was recognized. I gave him the newbie of the month award :D (Took me a good minute or two to make that thing!) :D

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Who's gonna win this competition?
Sho-nuff!

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
hard to pick - this is a great board w/ a lot of great people!

BTW, I think it's *very* cool of Wrangler Girl to hang w/ us thugs for so long...hope your noggin's feeling better, girl.
Awwwww thanks :) I like most of you thugs....hehehe kidding.... My head is feeling so much better, thanks.......I now look before i open doors....any doors that is......!!!!!!!!!!

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Ok ladies, gents, ....and bobo :p

Check the sticky at the top for the contest information! :cheers:

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
You guys should know Jweave Busted his hump putting this together and getting sponsors on board. All props go to him. Well done J... :box:

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
no problem, and good idea BTW :thumbsup: