AM Programmers or Developers?

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Question for anyone that has developing knowledge really..

I have a buddy who is trying to win a online contest and you have to go to the website and vote for them, but like most cheap contests you can clear your cache (cookies) and go revote.

Is there a extension for any browser, or a simple program that can be written to automate this?

He is a really good friend of mine and he really does deserve this opportunity.

Sing the National Anthem At The 2014 Kicker Country Stampede! | The Big 94.5 Country

He is contestant #12 and he has had dreams of making it big and this just might be his chance (watch his video, it is really good)

Anyone that is not a developer, if you could, please help him out and go vote for him.

Thanks AM family!

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you had something like that and used it, it would be very easy to see the votes were fake unless you masked your ip and/or changed it on every vote.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
If you had something like that and used it, it would be very easy to see the votes were fake unless you masked your ip and/or changed it on every vote.
Well I could hook it up to some proxies. That would give em random IP addresses.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well I could hook it up to some proxies. That would give em random IP addresses.
Have fun with that....and web proxies don't mask your IP not to mention they often block cookies which means your couldn't vote anyway.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Have fun with that....and web proxies don't mask your IP not to mention they often block cookies which means your couldn't vote anyway.
True.

How hard is it to mask the IP?

I may have found an extension that will allow me to do the GUI clicks and cache clear. Just have to make it look legit and not let the numbers get really ****ing high haha.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Established
True.

How hard is it to mask the IP?

I may have found an extension that will allow me to do the GUI clicks and cache clear. Just have to make it look legit and not let the numbers get really ****ing high haha.
Not hard at all, but to do it in a way that accomplishes what you want, impossible to tell.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Not hard at all, but to do it in a way that accomplishes what you want, impossible to tell.
I read into the contest they are taking the top 5. Too easy.

I thought they were taking number 1. it will be easy to keep him into the top 5 and then after that, it's up to him haha.

Thanks for the help though admin!

I work as a IT Business Analyst. I know how to talk to people and I have a background in IT but I've never wrote code besides PHP, HTML, and CSS haha.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kenpoengineer General Chat 2