I've finally broke down...

tattoopierced1

I finally broke down today and decided to join a gym and just use my home gym secondary as I feel like I am outgrowing it. Paid $125 for an entire year with 24 hour key access, not too bad if you ask me. They dont have anything but free weights/machines there, no cardio equipment, tanning, etc.. which is why I guess it is so cheap for access. I was actually surprised with all the equipment they have (it is about 3,000+ sq. ft) and how clean it is for what you are paying....cant wait to try it out tomorrow.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I've been looking for a place like that where I live. No luck so far. Best thing I found is the gym at my old university. Has a lot of racquetball courts, which is a plus, but the weight room is nothing but universal machines and a shitload of treadmills.

tattoopierced1

i lucked out..99.9% of the gyms around here cost way too much and have tons of crap I'd never use...this turned me to working out at home. A guy I work with had told me of this place (I had seen it before, but never thought of it because it didnt look to be the greatest from the exterior), but when I actually checked out the inside, it was really nice...and not packed with a bunch of yuppies there to hit on people either... Both times I checked it out, there were no more than 4-5 people in there, and they were there to workout, not chit chat, so this was a huge plus, as well as the insanely low price...

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
OH how I wish I had a Gold's Gym or something like it. Living in a resort town limits me to using local spas as a gym. They're small, crowded with old tourists and really expensive..I pay about $75 a month for me and my wife. Pisses me off knowing that most places have $20/month membership fees but I'm stuck here for now.

tattoopierced1

this place seems pretty cool. It is called "The Pit: Barbell Club" and has a morning star (gladiator type weapon) thing hanging above the door...gives it a really interesting look.