Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
holy cow...i know everything is more expensive today, but c'mon...the price of razor blades is ridiculous!!!:pat:

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Whats not ridiculous anymore- have you seen this dollar shave club?

https://www.dollarshaveclub.com/

I do NOT have any expereicne with them, but I will probably sign up just to see what the deal is.

Also, for certain jobs, not my face, the dollar tree sometimes has cheap razors, I wouldnt recommend them for preparing for a show, but for quick cleanups they work well enough.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Whats not ridiculous anymore- have you seen this dollar shave club?

https://www.dollarshaveclub.com/

I do NOT have any expereicne with them, but I will probably sign up just to see what the deal is.

Also, for certain jobs, not my face, the dollar tree sometimes has cheap razors, I wouldnt recommend them for preparing for a show, but for quick cleanups they work well enough.
looks like it's worth a try anyways...is there any place that still sells the old flat blades with the twist top razor?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have been using an old school safety razor for a month now. It's a much better shave than any razor your going to buy in the store. No more razor burn and a hell of a lot cheaper. Something like this http://www.amazon.com/Merkur-Long-Handled-Safety-Razor/dp/B000NL0T1G/ref=pd_sim_hpc_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=069TH1DMPBHZYGAAY007 while your at it get a starter kit with the brush and shave soap. Doesn't ate any longer than the way you are shaving now
yup...thats the one...

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Well, then those blades I linked to should fit great, just grab some when they are on sale.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Count me in as well on the safety razor brigade.

I really like the shave, especially after applying the oil prior to lathering up.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i don't know why the old school twist open flat double edged blade razors went out of fashion....i found a little cost analysis:

11 years of a double edged razor: $99.68
11 years of a cratridge razor: $619.46

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I saw something very similar. It may have been on "The Art of Manliness" web page. (Seriously)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I saw something very similar. It may have been on "The Art of Manliness" web page. (Seriously)
a wise man once told me "it's not how much money you have, it's how you spend it".

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
a wise man once told me "it's not how much money you have, it's how you spend it".
I agree.

Although, spending more is usually more fun than spending less - at least when buying stereo gear.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I agree.

Although, spending more is usually more fun than spending less - at least when buying stereo gear.
look at it like this...spending a buck instead of 6 on razors leaves you 5 for stereo gear, lol. but even when buying high priced stuff like stereo gear, shopping for value is still wise!!!

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
look at it like this...spending a buck instead of 6 on razors leaves you 5 for stereo gear, lol. but even when buying high priced stuff like stereo gear, shopping for value is still wise!!!
Agreed.

I've bought a stupid amount of stereo gear (REALLY STUPID) - but I also feel good about getting a good or great deal on all of it.

We are on the same page.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Agreed.

I've bought a stupid amount of stereo gear (REALLY STUPID) - but I also feel good about getting a good or great deal on all of it.

We are on the same page.
lol...i am a huckleberry for a good deal too!!!

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
holy cow...i know everything is more expensive today, but c'mon...the price of razor blades is ridiculous!!!:pat:
go back to old school safety razors like i did! :) personna razor blads are nice

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
go back to old school safety razors like i did! :) personna razor blads are nice
yup...didn't go safety razor, but got the double edge blade with the old school twist open top. i had forgotten how much better they are, i really can't remember why i stopped using them...

mikeault

Awards
Dollar shave club is an awesome idea, and the commercials are fricken beautiful. BUT, they get their blades/handles from a company called dorco. You can get the same stuff they're shipping out for about half the price. I just ordered a sample pack to see if they're any good. Worth looking into.