RAZOR BLADES

  1. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    29,793
    Rep Power
    10752424
    Level
    125
    Lv. Percent
    18.52%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

    RAZOR BLADES


    holy cow...i know everything is more expensive today, but c'mon...the price of razor blades is ridiculous!!!
    http://www.ironchampusa.com/112.html

    PM ME FOR SAVINGS

  2. Professional Member
    RoadBlocK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,207
    Rep Power
    149510
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    87.86%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Whats not ridiculous anymore- have you seen this dollar shave club?

    https://www.dollarshaveclub.com/

    I do NOT have any expereicne with them, but I will probably sign up just to see what the deal is.

    Also, for certain jobs, not my face, the dollar tree sometimes has cheap razors, I wouldnt recommend them for preparing for a show, but for quick cleanups they work well enough.
    PHF Rep

  3. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    29,793
    Rep Power
    10752424
    Level
    125
    Lv. Percent
    18.52%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBlocK View Post
    Whats not ridiculous anymore- have you seen this dollar shave club?

    https://www.dollarshaveclub.com/

    I do NOT have any expereicne with them, but I will probably sign up just to see what the deal is.

    Also, for certain jobs, not my face, the dollar tree sometimes has cheap razors, I wouldnt recommend them for preparing for a show, but for quick cleanups they work well enough.
    looks like it's worth a try anyways...is there any place that still sells the old flat blades with the twist top razor?
    http://www.ironchampusa.com/112.html

    PM ME FOR SAVINGS
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    RoadBlocK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,207
    Rep Power
    149510
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    87.86%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    looks like it's worth a try anyways...is there any place that still sells the old flat blades with the twist top razor?
    Hmmm, youre talkin old school now, I think they are still around, heres some on amazon:

    http://www.amazon.com/Merkur-Razor-D...bxgy_hpc_img_y
    PHF Rep

  5. New Member
    Night Prowler's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    63
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    31.15%

    I have been using an old school safety razor for a month now. It's a much better shave than any razor your going to buy in the store. No more razor burn and a hell of a lot cheaper. Something like this http://www.amazon.com/Merkur-Long-Ha...DMPBHZYGAAY007 while your at it get a starter kit with the brush and shave soap. Doesn't ate any longer than the way you are shaving now
  6. New Member
    jack_black's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    456
    Rep Power
    102839
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    4.05%
  7. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    29,793
    Rep Power
    10752424
    Level
    125
    Lv. Percent
    18.52%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

    Quote Originally Posted by Night Prowler View Post
    I have been using an old school safety razor for a month now. It's a much better shave than any razor your going to buy in the store. No more razor burn and a hell of a lot cheaper. Something like this http://www.amazon.com/Merkur-Long-Ha...DMPBHZYGAAY007 while your at it get a starter kit with the brush and shave soap. Doesn't ate any longer than the way you are shaving now
    yup...thats the one...
    http://www.ironchampusa.com/112.html

    PM ME FOR SAVINGS
  8. Professional Member
    RoadBlocK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,207
    Rep Power
    149510
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    87.86%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Well, then those blades I linked to should fit great, just grab some when they are on sale.
    PHF Rep

  9. Senior Member
    Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,851
    Rep Power
    854633
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    48.67%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Count me in as well on the safety razor brigade.

    I really like the shave, especially after applying the oil prior to lathering up.
  10. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    29,793
    Rep Power
    10752424
    Level
    125
    Lv. Percent
    18.52%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

    i don't know why the old school twist open flat double edged blade razors went out of fashion....i found a little cost analysis:

    11 years of a double edged razor: $99.68
    11 years of a cratridge razor: $619.46
    http://www.ironchampusa.com/112.html

    PM ME FOR SAVINGS
  11. Senior Member
    Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,851
    Rep Power
    854633
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    48.67%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I saw something very similar. It may have been on "The Art of Manliness" web page. (Seriously)
  12. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    29,793
    Rep Power
    10752424
    Level
    125
    Lv. Percent
    18.52%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

    Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    I saw something very similar. It may have been on "The Art of Manliness" web page. (Seriously)
    a wise man once told me "it's not how much money you have, it's how you spend it".
    http://www.ironchampusa.com/112.html

    PM ME FOR SAVINGS
  13. Senior Member
    Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,851
    Rep Power
    854633
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    48.67%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    a wise man once told me "it's not how much money you have, it's how you spend it".
    I agree.

    Although, spending more is usually more fun than spending less - at least when buying stereo gear.
  14. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    29,793
    Rep Power
    10752424
    Level
    125
    Lv. Percent
    18.52%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

    Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    I agree.

    Although, spending more is usually more fun than spending less - at least when buying stereo gear.
    look at it like this...spending a buck instead of 6 on razors leaves you 5 for stereo gear, lol. but even when buying high priced stuff like stereo gear, shopping for value is still wise!!!
    http://www.ironchampusa.com/112.html

    PM ME FOR SAVINGS
  15. Senior Member
    Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,851
    Rep Power
    854633
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    48.67%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    look at it like this...spending a buck instead of 6 on razors leaves you 5 for stereo gear, lol. but even when buying high priced stuff like stereo gear, shopping for value is still wise!!!
    Agreed.

    I've bought a stupid amount of stereo gear (REALLY STUPID) - but I also feel good about getting a good or great deal on all of it.

    We are on the same page.
  16. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    29,793
    Rep Power
    10752424
    Level
    125
    Lv. Percent
    18.52%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

    Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Agreed.

    I've bought a stupid amount of stereo gear (REALLY STUPID) - but I also feel good about getting a good or great deal on all of it.

    We are on the same page.
    lol...i am a huckleberry for a good deal too!!!
    http://www.ironchampusa.com/112.html

    PM ME FOR SAVINGS
  17. Senior Member
    Blergs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,142
    Rep Power
    449256
    Level
    41
    Lv. Percent
    92.57%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    holy cow...i know everything is more expensive today, but c'mon...the price of razor blades is ridiculous!!!
    go back to old school safety razors like i did! :-) personna razor blads are nice
    LG Sciences Board Rep
    These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by LG Sciences, LLC.
  18. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    29,793
    Rep Power
    10752424
    Level
    125
    Lv. Percent
    18.52%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

    Quote Originally Posted by Blergs View Post
    go back to old school safety razors like i did! :-) personna razor blads are nice
    yup...didn't go safety razor, but got the double edge blade with the old school twist open top. i had forgotten how much better they are, i really can't remember why i stopped using them...
    http://www.ironchampusa.com/112.html

    PM ME FOR SAVINGS
  19. New Member
    mikeault's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    32
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    49.18%

    Dollar shave club is an awesome idea, and the commercials are fricken beautiful. BUT, they get their blades/handles from a company called dorco. You can get the same stuff they're shipping out for about half the price. I just ordered a sample pack to see if they're any good. Worth looking into.
  20. Senior Member
    DerickVonD's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,346
    Rep Power
    34875
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    96.86%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I just use a mustache trimmer and embrace the stubble.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. tips for razor burn
    By goldylight in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-10-2008, 11:10 AM
  2. What the heck is D-blade?
    By volusia40 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-27-2006, 10:07 PM
  3. D-Blade
    By Richscd2 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-14-2006, 12:57 AM
  4. Anyone use an electric razor?
    By JBlaze in forum General Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-20-2003, 04:17 PM
Log in
Log in