US Gov beginning giving "Internet Driver's License"

MultiVitamin

MultiVitamin

Awards
By that I didn't mean you can receive a DL online lol

They're essentially planning to give everyone an ID, be able to track everything you buy, websites you visit, etc

Suppose to be coming to light in Michigan + PA aimed at lower income people...

I'm curious about if this comes to life how some of you "darksiders" will operate? (Gear guys) with having something like that on you... Or anyone who partakes in some form of shady sh*t on the Internet (or atleast something they wouldn't want public)

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
Its a bad idea all around... proxies might become the norm for everybody soon.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
Its a bad idea all around... proxies might become the norm for everybody soon.
Well I'm tryin to stay impartial for this, but it does seem like a bad idea for the general population

But how often have you seen welfare recipients rape the system dry? If they must execute this plan, then I'd propose they just make it a requirement for government aid. That would seem more fair than just spy-jacking America

Disclaimer : I still don't back it

MultiVitamin

MultiVitamin

Awards
Well I'm tryin to stay impartial for this, but it does seem like a bad idea for the general population

But how often have you seen welfare recipients rape the system dry? If they must execute this plan, then I'd propose they just make it a requirement for government aid. That would seem more fair than just spy-jacking America

Disclaimer : I still don't back it
I believe this is/was the original plan.. which would in a way could be understood. And (I think) that is who it's starting with

But I can't imagine it becoming a nation-wide thing without some kind of protest; atleast I'd hope.

I don't really partake in any shady activities online, but I still wouldn't want my private internet life public, nor do I find it constitutionally correct (even though NASA is essentially already doing so)

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Won't get any further than for government type websites. Not gonna happen for places like this or other regular sites.