I thought my doctor was legit...until now

Lakevillethor

Awards
I have this pretty cool doctor who is is a D.O. instead of an MD. While I had my doubts art first, as D.O. school is less competitive than MD school is, he is a very cool cat and was alright with me using gear (for the most part). In fact, he frequently scribes HRT for people. And this is where I first began to question his knowledge.

He tells me that he has a few people on HRT and that he has them use a cream with testosterone in it. Apprently he has this formula specially made for his patients at some lab. The funny thing is that he does not want the estradiol sides so he puts Chrysin in the cream with the test. Yes you saw that right --- Chrysin. I mean, if you have access to percription meds, why would you put in chrysin. Why not arimidex at low dosages or even an aromatase inhibitor. Makes me wonder. I didn't say anything at the time because there might be something I am missing but that is just weak sauce. Chrysin...

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established
I have this pretty cool doctor who is is a D.O. instead of an MD. While I had my doubts art first, as D.O. school is less competitive than MD school is, he is a very cool cat and was alright with me using gear (for the most part). In fact, he frequently scribes HRT for people. And this is where I first began to question his knowledge.

He tells me that he has a few people on HRT and that he has them use a cream with testosterone in it. Apprently he has this formula specially made for his patients at some lab. The funny thing is that he does not want the estradiol sides so he puts Chrysin in the cream with the test. Yes you saw that right --- Chrysin. I mean, if you have access to percription meds, why would you put in chrysin. Why not arimidex at low dosages or even an aromatase inhibitor. Makes me wonder. I didn't say anything at the time because there might be something I am missing but that is just weak sauce. Chrysin...

thats wiered, doctors usualy prescribes patches like nicotine ones. no goes through the process of drug compounding now adays. Chrysin stuff is also strange.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Some DO's are all right, but I want an MD or a good PA most all the time, compounded stuff? I dont know about them I want real medication that is in the PDR

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Lake, why don't you ask him? I'm sure if he would appreciate your info. Or you can check his credentials with the state board.

Being a D.O. instead of an M.D. AFAIK is no different since both undergo almost the same amount of training and certification is just as rigorous. A D.O. might be more understanding of the bodybuilding lifestyle. I had an MD tell me I shouldn't run so much past 30, what a ****.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
DOs and MDs both usually dont know **** about sports nutrit and suppl. I just saw a DO and she put protien shakes in the same catagory as aas. She also told me not to drink too much water because it will hurt my kidneys. I had to give her some credit, she at least had "heard" of phs.

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
DO's go through the same training as MD's thier philosophy is different in that they focus on treating the cause of whatever ails and not just the symptoms also they have some chiropractic classes in thier background.

Im not a fan of DO's as most are unwilling to write scripts and they have this wierd affiliation with compounding pharmacies, such as yours. But having a doc that is willing to atleast keep a check on you while doing a cycle is a still a pretty decent deal.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
At least your guy is trying. It seems like he might have an open mind so get him familiar with AI's and SERMS.

UNDERTAKER: You're right on. We shouldn't rely on these people to know inform us on what to with cycles, dosing schemes, stacks etc. Use them to monitor your health and hope that they accept the fact that you're using sports supps.

Lakevillethor

Awards
Lake, why don't you ask him? I'm sure if he would appreciate your info. Or you can check his credentials with the state board.

Being a D.O. instead of an M.D. AFAIK is no different since both undergo almost the same amount of training and certification is just as rigorous. A D.O. might be more understanding of the bodybuilding lifestyle. I had an MD tell me I shouldn't run so much past 30, what a ****.
I am not saying they are not qualified. The both have to pass teh saem boards and everything --- it's jsut that DO school is substantially less competitive to get into than normal medical school. That is all I am saying.

He is trying and kudos for that. I should warn him that things have evolved since 1994. Seriously though, 1994 called and wants its chrysin back.

hushdrops

Awards
Our intelligent Medical Professionals.... NOT!

DOs and MDs both usually dont know **** about sports nutrit and suppl. I just saw a DO and she put protien shakes in the same catagory as aas.
Dude, you HAVE to be kidding right? I'm sure you are not though.

What is this world coming to? Reading these posts & finding out what our medical community has to say is sickening! Protein Shakes like AAS? Too much water bad on our kidneys? Don't do any exercising even as hard as running when over age 30? WTF?

These are the people that we are supposed to rely on for our health?

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I am not saying they are not qualified. The both have to pass teh saem boards and everything --- it's jsut that DO school is substantially less competitive to get into than normal medical school. That is all I am saying.

He is trying and kudos for that. I should warn him that things have evolved since 1994. Seriously though, 1994 called and wants its chrysin back.

Ok. I'd be worried too if my doc picked up the idea of chrysin from M&F.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
my doc did not know what ph were. he told me not to take supplements and that I should do cardio and no weight lifting. I got a new dr.

agntsmyth

Awards
speaking of doctors.

I am not really interested in testing lab rats, but I would like to acquire a SERM. How do I open that conversation with a doctor without him telling me I'm dumb and to live with the moobs?

also, anyone in Boise know of a doctor who is willing to prescribe such things because I haven't used a regular physician in years just emergency medical clinics.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
thats wiered, doctors usualy prescribes patches like nicotine ones. no goes through the process of drug compounding now adays. Chrysin stuff is also strange.

Sure they do...the anti aging clinic here has everything compounded by a pharmacy.

holy