Social phobia / anxiety problems

Ephedraboy

Ephedraboy

Banned
Awards
I'm suffering from social phobia / anxiety all day long , and much more when i got out.
Do some of you are suffering from anxiety too ?

It's been years already , and no one could help..

I'd like to know if there was some supps that could help for that.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
I'm suffering from social phobia / anxiety all day long , and much more when i got out.

Phenibuit, l- thienine, and anaraceatam all help to some degree my wife has issues with this. Being ADHD I have more the oh **** it approach to social situations.

HTGduck

HTGduck

Awards
  • Established
Coming from a psychology major and psychologist in training... There are many different techniques. One would be to dress up in a obnoxious manner... And go and introduce yourself to as many people as you see. (Seriously)... A slower process would be to introduce yourself and have a short convo with a stranger.... Do that every day. Whether it be in line at wal-mart, or on the side walk at a street corner. Honestly the only supplement that will make you very sociable instantly is probably ecstasy. Lol

SkinnyChase

SkinnyChase

Awards
I'm diagnosed with having social anxiety and it sucks. Only thing I've found that works for me is medication. Currently taking Klonopin. Works wonders.

Ephedraboy

Ephedraboy

Banned
Awards
I'm diagnosed with having social anxiety and it sucks. Only thing I've found that works for me is medication. Currently taking Klonopin. Works wonders.
You feel anxious when you go outside? you can't talk in front of people etc?

Klonopin is a drug , not a sup ^^

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
You feel anxious when you go outside? you can't talk in front of people etc?

Klonopin is a drug , not a sup ^^
It really is a life changer for some, if you truly have a bad case of social anxiety drugs may just be the only short term solution. Long term is therapy and corrective actions like also mentioned in this thread.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Coming from a psychology major and psychologist in training... There are many different techniques. One would be to dress up in a obnoxious manner... And go and introduce yourself to as many people as you see. (Seriously)... A slower process would be to introduce yourself and have a short convo with a stranger.... Do that every day. Whether it be in line at wal-mart, or on the side walk at a street corner. Honestly the only supplement that will make you very sociable instantly is probably ecstasy. Lol
^^^This!! When I started working I knew one of the aspects of my job would be talking to people. Luckily I take the train for my morning commute so I would talk to strangers on the train just to get used to making general conversation. Surprisingly this actually worked for a while. Lately I've been using the train for extra sleep time but for a time doing this really helped boost my confidence and overall moral.

SkinnyChase

SkinnyChase

Awards
You feel anxious when you go outside? you can't talk in front of people etc? Klonopin is a drug , not a sup ^^
Not when I go outside but when I'm in meetings at work I feel very awkward and uncomfortable or if I go around people I don't know I feel out of place.

Ephedraboy

Ephedraboy

Banned
Awards
Not when I go outside but when I'm in meetings at work I feel very awkward and uncomfortable or if I go around people I don't know I feel out of place.
Ok , seems like you have normal stress.
As soon as i go outside , or even if i must call someone when i'm at home , i'm getting nervous , my heart beats fast etc

SkinnyChase

SkinnyChase

Awards
Ok , seems like you have normal stress. As soon as i go outside , or even if i must call someone when i'm at home , i'm getting nervous , my heart beats fast etc
Same happens to me. But my heart beat slows down, beats so hard I can feel it in my neck. I feel like everyone in the room is judging or looking at me and thinking negative thoughts about me. It sucks bad. And I know Klonopin is a drug not a supplement but it works wonders with me.

Ephedraboy

Ephedraboy

Banned
Awards
Same happens to me. But my heart beat slows down, beats so hard I can feel it in my neck. I feel like everyone in the room is judging or looking at me and thinking negative thoughts about me. It sucks bad. And I know Klonopin is a drug not a supplement but it works wonders with me.
Yea got the same things , can feel my heart beats in my hand / neck / back , all day long , even when i'm not stress , seems like i'm 24/24 anxious now.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Get yourself some ashwagandha (2.5%) and bacopa. I am betting this will drop your social anxiety by at least 50%. Read up on it and see how well this works for people with your symptoms. Also, as mentioned, Aniracetam is very good for this, but I found nothing comes close to ashwagandha and bacopa mix. See, part of the anxiety is from knowing that your thoughts will wander and feel like people are staring at you. This combo calms that and allows you to think clearly. It feels like it makes you not care almost. You know that feeling when you are in a line and you can feel people looking at you and judging? LOL. So stupid isn't it?

I used to suffer from this to some degree and it is so annoying because there is no rationale reason behind it, yet you can't stop it. Just know that it is very common. And I have to speak in front of executives and host conferences, so imagine how many sleepless nights I had. The funny thing was that nobody ever knew and thought I was great. Further proving that it is all in the head and situations get built up for no reason.

People like to tell those that are bothered by this to get into more situations where you have to speak or are in front of groups of people, but that is not helpful. All it does is make you more comfortable feeling uncomfortable, but doesn't change the anxiety.

Ephedraboy

Ephedraboy

Banned
Awards
Get yourself some ashwagandha (2.5%) and bacopa. I am betting this will drop your social anxiety by at least 50%. Read up on it and see how well this works for people with your symptoms. Also, as mentioned, Aniracetam is very good for this, but I found nothing comes close to ashwagandha and bacopa mix. See, part of the anxiety is from knowing that your thoughts will wander and feel like people are staring at you. This combo calms that and allows you to think clearly. It feels like it makes you not care almost. You know that feeling when you are in a line and you can feel people looking at you and judging? LOL. So stupid isn't it?

I used to suffer from this to some degree and it is so annoying because there is no rationale reason behind it, yet you can't stop it. Just know that it is very common. And I have to speak in front of executives and host conferences, so imagine how many sleepless nights I had. The funny thing was that nobody ever knew and thought I was great. Further proving that it is all in the head and situations get built up for no reason.

People like to tell those that are bothered by this to get into more situations where you have to speak or are in front of groups of people, but that is not helpful. All it does is make you more comfortable feeling uncomfortable, but doesn't change the anxiety.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

I think it started since i was 12 , now i'm 21. my life is ****ed up cause of this ... for real , it's been 2 years i'm at home doing nothing , just going to the gym , just imagine that.. and i'm not even muscular , even worse !
Atm , a beautiful girl likes me , i do like her too , but i'm too scared to be with her , cause i won't be able to go see a movie with her , restaurant etc , i had some girlfriends already , and i felt bad cause of my anxiety , then stopped.

How old are you and how did you get out of it ??
I bought this http://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-ashwagandha-extract-standardized , waiting to receive it , and i'll buy bacopa too.
IS this really working ??

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That is a low extract %, but better than nothing. Yes, it really does work. While it may not cure you depending on the level of anxiety you are suffering (and it sounds pretty bad), it definitely helps make it manageable. Just avoid going to scripts because they will mess you up.

I have tried numerous brands and the best that I have found is the NOW brand. Some have higher extracts, but they aren't balanced as well.

Ephedraboy

Ephedraboy

Banned
Awards
Well , social anxiety REALLY sucks .. everyone who has it post here please

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
I think it can help in the regards that you can be more confident in knowing that you know how to talk to people. After talking to complete strangers for a while I got to a point where I was confident talking to anyone. Though I don't think the initial anxiety of meeting a stranger ever really goes away.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The problem for most people isn't in knowing how to talk to people, it is the build up of the event and the anxiety that builds around it. People with social anxiety don't think about here and now, they are planning for disaster before the event actually happens and start to worry about losing train of thought, or judging, or turning red, etc.. That is what I mean by experience will only prepare you to feel comfortable being uncomfortable. It doesn't do anything for the anxiety.

For anyone dealing with this, I urge you to at least try the two supplements I named. To see how it helps people is beyond words and there is nothing to lose by trying, other than maybe $25 or so.

The brands I recommend based on personal experience are:

Ashwagandha NOW brand

Bacopa Swanson BaCognize or Himalaya Herbal. Both are very highly rated.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are you cycling the ashwaghanda?

How much are you taking per day?

The problem for most people isn't in knowing how to talk to people, it is the build up of the event and the anxiety that builds around it. People with social anxiety don't think about here and now, they are planning for disaster before the event actually happens and start to worry about losing train of thought, or judging, or turning red, etc.. That is what I mean by experience will only prepare you to feel comfortable being uncomfortable. It doesn't do anything for the anxiety. For anyone dealing with this, I urge you to at least try the two supplements I named. To see how it helps people is beyond words and there is nothing to lose by trying, other than maybe $25 or so. The brands I recommend based on personal experience are: Ashwagandha NOW brand Bacopa Swanson BaCognize or Himalaya Herbal. Both are very highly rated.

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Kava kava extract. It's very cheap and makes me not give a ****. I have to do many presentations in my school and I have horrible stage fright. I love it personally.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you cycling the ashwaghanda?

How much are you taking per day?
I do a weekly cycle 5 on and 2 off. There is no need, but I have found over time that it builds in the system and I don't need it on the weekends. I take NOW brand that is 450mg (2.5%) 2x day. In the morning with bacopa and then in the afternoon around 2pm. If I take it later in the day, I have trouble sleeping because it is energizing mentally for me.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Kava kava extract. It's very cheap and makes me not give a ****. I have to do many presentations in my school and I have horrible stage fright. I love it personally.
That is why I don't like it. It makes me numb to feelings and slows my reactions. It can be comforting before bed, but I can't be slow and indifferent in the day.

Ephedraboy

Ephedraboy

Banned
Awards
Ok guys , so i bought Kava Kava , Rhodolia , ashwandaga and bacopa.

I heard that ashwaganda could be really effective for anxiety , i hope it will help me without puting me numb

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Man, why are you confusing the situation. Don't add all that in at one time, you don't need all of it. First off Rhodiola can cause anxiety on it's own and added to mine, so I would avoid that initially. Kava kava can really mess with people, so tread lightly there. Read up on it.

Ephedraboy

Ephedraboy

Banned
Awards
Man, why are you confusing the situation. Don't add all that in at one time, you don't need all of it. First off Rhodiola can cause anxiety on it's own and added to mine, so I would avoid that initially. Kava kava can really mess with people, so tread lightly there. Read up on it.
Na , i won't stack all of them , i want to test each as a standalone

Ephedraboy

Ephedraboy

Banned
Awards
I'm using valeriane atm , but looks like it's not effective on me.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Recently started using endosurge and noticed it has enhanced my mood a bit. I believe the dosage of mucuna pruriens has something to do with it.

Ephedraboy

Ephedraboy

Banned
Awards
Recently started using endosurge and noticed it has enhanced my mood a bit. I believe the dosage of mucuna pruriens has something to do with it.
Are you suffering from anxiety? social phobia?

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Ok , after training , i feel good , i know it's cause of endorphines , if only i could feel like that 24/24 :)
Lol yea I do enjoy the calm after a good workout. You should def look at your options and consider that you may need professional help if this issue is severely impacting the quality of your life. It may benefit you to better understand what is causing this anxiety.

Ephedraboy

Ephedraboy

Banned
Awards
Lol yea I do enjoy the calm after a good workout. You should def look at your options and consider that you may need professional help if this issue is severely impacting the quality of your life. It may benefit you to better understand what is causing this anxiety.
Man , i've already seen a psycho / psychiatre / hypno , etc etc , it cost monney , and still didn't help me.
There s something strange , when i took DHEA 2 months ago , the first 3 days , i felt good , for real , no placebo effect ,then it went bad again.. i took bloodwork , i told myself maybe it was a hormonal unbalanced , but no..
I think it's because of how i see myself , no confidence , etc etc , and now i'm like that.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Man , i've already seen a psycho / psychiatre / hypno , etc etc , it cost monney , and still didn't help me.
There s something strange , when i took DHEA 2 months ago , the first 3 days , i felt good , for real , no placebo effect ,then it went bad again.. i took bloodwork , i told myself maybe it was a hormonal unbalanced , but no..
I think it's because of how i see myself , no confidence , etc etc , and now i'm like that.
Then you already know there is no supp that will fix that... It may help for the short term but in the long haul you need to do something to establish confidence in yourself. You need to set a long term goal and follow through with short term goals leading up to the longer term goal. In that process you'll not only better yourself but you'll have achieved something you wanted which will help you to rely on yourself more which instills confidence. At least this seems to be my experience with self confidence.

Ephedraboy

Ephedraboy

Banned
Awards
Then you already know there is no supp that will fix that... It may help for the short term but in the long haul you need to do something to establish confidence in yourself. You need to set a long term goal and follow through with short term goals leading up to the longer term goal. In that process you'll not only better yourself but you'll have achieved something you wanted which will help you to rely on yourself more which instills confidence. At least this seems to be my experience with self confidence.
Yea i know it won't fix it totaly , but it can help me , so i'll be more able to go out and meet some people , then confidence come etc , it's just a help , that maybe won't work , but i hope it will.

subz3r0

Awards
Look up "The Art of Not Giving a ****" I know what it's like. Growing up in a community where everyone knows everything. It's like were programmed to be like this.

Ephedraboy

Ephedraboy

Banned
Awards
Social anxiety/social phobia , people can't understand how you feel , why you feel always bad and depressed , fock it

Like you always had 0 level of T

Fat Ass 101

Fat Ass 101

Awards
Whatever he took must have worked. He has been out and about for two days. I definitely have social anxiety disorder. Quite honestly it is the worst feeling, being stressed to talk to people, embarrassed to go to the gym or to play golf. I lucked into a job working from home, and phone conversations still suck. The only time I get chatty is when I am on an airplane, because I am scared to death...

Coming on here, being anonymous helps. I am looking only for weight loss tips but most folks, once they realize I don't need supps, I just need ****ing will power and discipline with my diet, most folks have been really cool, really motivational, and I have ridden those waves a few times in the last 5 years, down to 280 lbs, back up to 310, down to 265, back to 310, down to 280, well, we are back to 310, so here I am again... A free 7 day pass at the gym, terrified to redeem it, afraid of being mocked like the time that ****ing kid thought it was so damn funny that my fat ass was on a treadmill, sweating balls at only 4.0 mph while watching a cooking show on tv...Why do I care what other people think? I don't know them.

Not really sure how to end this, sorry... This took a bit of an awkward turn, but I am going to hit submit any way. Guess I just needed to get that off my chest...

Have a good night y'all

FA

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ephedraboy

Ephedraboy

Banned
Awards
Whatever he took must have worked. He has been out and about for two days. I definitely have social anxiety disorder. Quite honestly it is the worst feeling, being stressed to talk to people, embarrassed to go to the gym or to play golf. I lucked into a job working from home, and phone conversations still suck. The only time I get chatty is when I am on an airplane, because I am scared to death...

Coming on here, being anonymous helps. I am looking only for weight loss tips but most folks, once they realize I don't need supps, I just need ****ing will power and discipline with my diet, most folks have been really cool, really motivational, and I have ridden those waves a few times in the last 5 years, down to 280 lbs, back up to 310, down to 265, back to 310, down to 280, well, we are back to 310, so here I am again... A free 7 day pass at the gym, terrified to redeem it, afraid of being mocked like the time that ****ing kid thought it was so damn funny that my fat ass was on a treadmill, sweating balls at only 4.0 mph while watching a cooking show on tv...Why do I care what other people think? I don't know them.

Not really sure how to end this, sorry... This took a bit of an awkward turn, but I am going to hit submit any way. Guess I just needed to get that off my chest...

Have a good night y'all

FA
I know that feeling...then you become depressed , then you have high blood pressure , etc etc etc

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bro, for what it's worth, I love your sheer honesty and humility. You sound like a good dude.

Sincerity/genuineness and being REAL is a rare invaluable commodity these days. Everyone fronts and puts in a pathetic facade/display and the "face" they want the world to believe is who they are. I got mad respect for people like u.

I have struggled my whole life with weight issues as well and am aware of the ups and downs too. I also have a propensity to be overweight.

Your post also resonated w me b/c I too struggle mightily w/identical paralyzing anxiety when forced into certain social-demanding situations.

Whatever he took must have worked. He has been out and about for two days. I definitely have social anxiety disorder. Quite honestly it is the worst feeling, being stressed to talk to people, embarrassed to go to the gym or to play golf. I lucked into a job working from home, and phone conversations still suck. The only time I get chatty is when I am on an airplane, because I am scared to death... Coming on here, being anonymous helps. I am looking only for weight loss tips but most folks, once they realize I don't need supps, I just need ****ing will power and discipline with my diet, most folks have been really cool, really motivational, and I have ridden those waves a few times in the last 5 years, down to 280 lbs, back up to 310, down to 265, back to 310, down to 280, well, we are back to 310, so here I am again... A free 7 day pass at the gym, terrified to redeem it, afraid of being mocked like the time that ****ing kid thought it was so damn funny that my fat ass was on a treadmill, sweating balls at only 4.0 mph while watching a cooking show on tv...Why do I care what other people think? I don't know them. Not really sure how to end this, sorry... This took a bit of an awkward turn, but I am going to hit submit any way. Guess I just needed to get that off my chest... Have a good night y'all FA

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are you being serious? Is that really a book? If so, please elaborate.

Look up "The Art of Not Giving a ****" I know what it's like. Growing up in a community where everyone knows everything. It's like were programmed to be like this.

JCarney

JCarney

Awards

I kind of have this problem too.

As I've put my self in more social situations over time, it's slowly gotten better.

johnny411

johnny411

Awards
I agree, sometimes scared of the boogieman in the closet, or the monster under the bed but when i finally find the courage to look theirs nothing their, i force myself to go out with friends sometimes scared or uncomfortable but alot of the time im glad i did, im usually afraid of doing something dumb, but thats ok thats what makes us human, and the beautiful thing is thats when u make friends, when they find out your no better than they are

Last edited: