BOBO, MODS please read

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
BOBO or any MODs,
When I try and respond to a post the site tells me that the Admin has banned my IP address. Any ideas what is going on?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you were IP banned, you couldn't have posted this.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
very true...and you won't be on the board :D

Try clearing your cache and cookies and relogging on

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
Bobo, I think you might have banned someone that has the same sevice provider that I use at work (bellsouth business solutions). I can get here from my home pc but I have to use an anonymous proxy from work, any thoughts? I was just wondering if you block whole ranges of addresses or just specific ones.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
could be a reused IP address from someone who was previsouly banned. This may occur if using dial-up or broadband, doesn't always matter unless you pay for a static IP. If broadband, they usually change your IP address if the MAC address of your cable/DSL modem changes (i.e new or replaced unit). If at a school, just a random assigned IP change most likely. Try to get your IP and post it or email it to me at [email protected]

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
FYI that is an AOL IP address. Signing on and off again should do it. You may have to do this until you get another IP address. Next time if you could note your IP address at the time and email me if it happens again, I can check it out. IP banning dynamic IP's within AOL's pools can become counterproductive in time ;)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bobo, I think you might have banned someone that has the same sevice provider that I use at work (bellsouth business solutions). I can get here from my home pc but I have to use an anonymous proxy from work, any thoughts? I was just wondering if you block whole ranges of addresses or just specific ones.
Specific ones. Plus if you are IP banned, you can't access anything on the site at all.

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
Its probably just something with my works service provider. I'll hassle them, the anonymous proxy is s.....l.....o.....w

big_D

Awards
or you could ask this for a freind that was banned !?

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
Same thing happened to me today when i went to access this site..........Hmmmm??? def time to get rid of Aol hell :)