What do you do about stretch marks?

ilcrba

Awards
About 1-2 months ago I put on 30+ lbs in a quick 1-2 months. My body was growing like a weed in size, but not height. I had no issues with stretch marks. But just about 2 weeks ago I noticed I had some starting to come in. They are in my groin area and then I have 1 on each armpit about half a inch long. I immediately bought cocoa butter when I saw them and have been applying 2-3 times a day.

I went to the gym did some squats, came back and noticed that they just doubled. So along with the two issues I am having with my ankle and chest I will be out of lifting for 1-2 weeks most likely. Since my stretch marks are still red/purple and I apply cocoa butter daily, will they go away? I have purchased a Derma Roller and Bio Oil that I will be using when it gets to me so hopefully that will help.

I just don't understand why my body is just not started to get them when I gained the weight 2 months ago.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
You can try laser treatments, don't know much about them or if they work. I just know they offer them.

tjbruno

tjbruno

Awards
eventually they'll fade into the skin and become unnoticeable, but never go away completely.