30 Year Old Guy, With A 21 Year Old Girl...

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
I know 9 years isn't that big of an age gap, but the generation gap in this case is what I'm not sure about... Any thoughts or experiences?

ngtmarpete

Awards
Lol before I got married last year ( my wife is 10 years my Jr ) I was dating a 19 year old, and I was 36. We only had I thing in common ;) lol!

Unless she is totally immature, you're good. Women mature faster than we do. That's why it took me 37 years to finally settle down!

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know 9 years isn't that big of an age gap, but the generation gap in this case is what I'm not sure about... Any thoughts or experiences?
Just act her age and not yours and you'll be fine.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
You should point out that you don't live in America too dude, it makes a huge difference

Take girls from California for example. Sluty, instant gratification, entitlement syndrome all over

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
You should point out that you don't live in America too dude, it makes a huge difference

Take girls from California for example. Sluty, instant gratification, entitlement syndrome all over
You sure you're not talking about Maryland girls? Most women today, are not women. They are still girls.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
You sure you're not talking about Maryland girls? Most women today, are not women. They are still girls.
Lol well I was gonna just label them as "American girls" in general but I thought that was a little broad since I've never really been out of California. But I guess American girls in general are just horrible people

Am I any better for talking ****? Probly not, but they started it

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
I bet American girls & Australian girls are about as different as our cars... One is an entitled bit¢h on the left hand side, the other on the right...

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
Lol before I got married last year ( my wife is 10 years my Jr ) I was dating a 19 year old, and I was 36. We only had I thing in common ;) lol!

Unless she is totally immature, you're good. Women mature faster than we do. That's why it took me 37 years to finally settle down!
Women mature faster than men, but no one really knows how much faster... Even even they did, we'd have to assume we are all exactly the same... I'm not looking to settle down necessarily... I'm just looking for as small a headache as I can get...

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Awards
9 years seem to be lucky for me.
Back in early 1987, I dated a woman who was 9 years older than me and the sex was great. I was 24 and she was 33. We dated off and on for about a year and I ended up dated a woman who was 3 years older. But after her, I was with a girl (YEAH, I said it) who was 9 years younger. Although she was 16 at the time, she stood 6'3, while I am only 5'11. We dated for a moment but, at her request, remained lovers after breakup for close to a year. She was well built and her height made her look 21.

Now, I'll be 52 in May and my wife, whom I've known for 22 years before we married, is also 9 years my junior.

napalm

napalm

Awards
My wife is 16 yrs younger than I am, but 30 yrs more mature.

Not sure I see the point of this thread...

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
My wife is 16 yrs younger than I am, but 30 yrs more mature.

Not sure I see the point of this thread...
The point of this thread is that i generally don't think too highly of people around the age of 21yrs old & younger, but I have recently found a girl that has caught my attention beyond the physical... So whether you see the point of this thread or not, your response has given me something to go by... How old was she when you met?

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
9 years seem to be lucky for me.
Back in early 1987, I dated a woman who was 9 years older than me and the sex was great. I was 24 and she was 33. We dated off and on for about a year and I ended up dated a woman who was 3 years older. But after her, I was with a girl (YEAH, I said it) who was 9 years younger. Although she was 16 at the time, she stood 6'3, while I am only 5'11. We dated for a moment but, at her request, remained lovers after breakup for close to a year. She was well built and her height made her look 21.

Now, I'll be 52 in May and my wife, whom I've known for 22 years before we married, is also 9 years my junior.
If my math is correct, you were my age when she was 21yrs old also?

napalm

napalm

Awards
The point of this thread is that i generally don't think too highly of people around the age of 21yrs old & younger, but I have recently found a girl that has caught my attention beyond the physical... So whether you see the point of this thread or not, your response has given me something to go by... How old was she when you met?
We were married when she was 19, me 35.

Don't look at a number bro, in the end it's meaningless.

Remember the movie 'A Bronx Tale?' In it, Chaz palmenteri tells Lilo Brocato: "You're only allowed three great women in your lifetime. See this girl?...Maybe she's your first great one."

Think about that for a minute...

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
We were married when she was 19, me 35.

Don't look at a number bro, in the end it's meaningless.

Remember the movie 'A Bronx Tale?' In it, Chaz palmenteri tells Lilo Brocato: "You're only allowed three great women in your lifetime. See this girl?...Maybe she's your first great one."

Think about that for a minute...
That certainly helps, & I do remember the quote... That was a great movie... Much appreciated man...

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's not a big deal, as long as you two have a great connection, but maturity does play a big part. I, myself, have always dated younger guys. Maybe 2-3 years younger.

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Awards
If my math is correct, you were my age when she was 21yrs old also?
We met in 1991 and that would have made me 29. So she was still 20 then. However, I also met another woman that year who was 21 at the time. Funny thing is that the other woman and I have always had the hots for each other but never dated or became intimate. Of the two women, I would have never thought that I'd be married to the one to whom I'm married. But surprising as it is, we love each other.

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
I'm 48 and dated a 23 year old for 8 months, couldn't handle her immaturity.

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
With 21yr old, comes other 21yr old friends of hers... That could be a problem because majority of them pi$$ me off... The maturity level of people these days is a lot lower than it was years ago...

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
We met in 1991 and that would have made me 29. So she was still 20 then. However, I also met another woman that year who was 21 at the time. Funny thing is that the other woman and I have always had the hots for each other but never dated or became intimate. Of the two women, I would have never thought that I'd be married to the one to whom I'm married. But surprising as it is, we love each other.
How were her/their friends to you?

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My wife is 6 years younger but as others have said, age is just a number not a determining factor of maturity.

Zac Speed

Zac Speed

Awards
My wife and I split for awhile last year and I started nailing this 19y/o I worked next to. I was 28... More power to ya. Hell my wife is 16 years my senior.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Women mature faster than men, but no one really knows how much faster... ...
Physically, on average yes. Intellectually, in general yes. Emotionally, no, almost never! Of course it all depended on genetics, epigenetics, how she was raised, etc.. but 9 outta 10 says the situation will lose it's charm pretty quick. Every man must learn this lesson once (or twice, or ten times!) in his old age, but it's a lesson you will be keen to remember after you've reinforced it enough times. Unless you thrive on gamey drama, then it might be just what you both needed. :)

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Just an educated guess but I think for an older man the games and drama that a 20 yr old girl brings to the table is going to get old quick

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
Just an educated guess but I think for an older man the games and drama that a 20 yr old girl brings to the table is going to get old quick
Some of the outfits they wear are enough to put me off... I'm serious...

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Awards
How were her/their friends to you?
I never met any of her friends. But she's pretty close to her cousin and I've met and spoken to her. We get alone well. The funny thing is that after 22 years, she had never mentioned me to her mom until we got married. The 1st time we met, we got alone great and are pretty close. It probably took me a while to get alone with the kids, mostly living with her daughters. Sometimes, I still feel like an outsider with them.

tcslick

tcslick

Awards
Way to go bro :) I don't see a problem with dating her, she's over 18

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
That's because you are, and literally always will be.
I believe this to be true... I bet I wouldn't get along with some/most of her friends because we would have absolutely nothing in common... Nobodies fault really... Just a generation gap & all the stupid $hit they're into...

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
Way to go bro :) I don't see a problem with dating with it, shes over 18
It comes down to who I'd want to wake up to... I'd sleep with any chick I'm attracted to if she's legal... To be honest, I'd probably sleep with a chick I'm not so attracted to as well if she's legal Haha!

JCarney

JCarney

Awards
I've known people with > 9 year age gaps. I don't see a problem since you both are at least > 20 or so.