Anxiety

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I am 46 years old with a 20 year old daughter and remarried 6 years ago and just had a baby boy.He is wonderful and has made us so happy,but Im a mess.I get so worried about everything now.Im woried about money,job,security and just about everything.I think the biggest one is my own mortality and not being around long enough even though im very healthy..I get so bad I have anxiety attacks about everything and am now taking an inventory of my whole life and reviewing it like a game film..I get nervous when my wifes goes to the store in fear something may happen to her.She is so very understanding and we are a very happy couple.This has benn going on for 3 weeks and started right after birth.I feel I need to suck it up and deal with it but these feelings are very real.I swear im going through post partum depression.
Im so used to being in control and now I feel I have none,I obsess about **** that I have no control over.Does this go away I feel like such a wuss :sick:

I

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
Probably since the new baby you feel you have a lot more to lose and since everything seems to be going well you're looking for that "self-destruct something has got to go wrong" button.
You might want to try Yoga and some other things to relieve stress or talk to your doctor about some temporary fixes to help give your mind a rest once in awhile. Klonopin Wafers or Xanax works well and both are anti-anxiety meds that can be used temporarily.
My wife was going through kinda the same thing awhile back and she used Xanax for about two weeks and now she is ok and doesnt use the stuff anmore.

Good Luck

H

hogiejoe

Banned
Awards
madman,

ha, i never thought about it but are you kind of poking fun of yourself with your username?

anyway, i am 23 years old and i for some reason have so many worries in my life. i remember a time when i was worry free without a care in the world. and i wonder why i cant go back to the way that i was. and i get pissed off because i cant help worrying. you obviously cherish your family very much and are afraid of something harming them, i don't think that makes you a wuss at all. me. i am security in an embassy and that is the root of my worrying. the thing we have in common is we both have a great deal of responibilty. you are not a wuss my friend in my expert opinion.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Probably since the new baby you feel you have a lot more to lose and since everything seems to be going well you're looking for that "self-destruct something has got to go wrong" button.
You might want to try Yoga and some other things to relieve stress or talk to your doctor about some temporary fixes to help give your mind a rest once in awhile. Klonopin Wafers or Xanax works well and both are anti-anxiety meds that can be used temporarily.
My wife was going through kinda the same thing awhile back and she used Xanax for about two weeks and now she is ok and doesnt use the stuff anmore.

Good Luck

Wow that is exactly how I feel,like everything will implode around me and there is nothing I can do about it..If it continus I will look into either therapy or the klonopin.Im not so dam proud to reach out and ask for help..Thanks Iron.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
madman,

ha, i never thought about it but are you kind of poking fun of yourself with your username?

anyway, i am 23 years old and i for some reason have so many worries in my life. i remember a time when i was worry free without a care in the world. and i wonder why i cant go back to the way that i was. and i get pissed off because i cant help worrying. you obviously cherish your family very much and are afraid of something harming them, i don't think that makes you a wuss at all. me. i am security in an embassy and that is the root of my worrying. the thing we have in common is we both have a great deal of responibilty. you are not a wuss my friend in my expert opinion.

Thanks Hogie I never really looked at it that way.I was always surrounded by tough guys who never let anyone know they were hurting emotionaly,it was a sign of weakness.I say bullshit to that way of thinking..

T

tattoopierced1

from a new father to a new father, it will get better...i was kinda out of whack after my kid was born last month but once you get back into the schedule swing of things, it all calms down and gets better...

H

hogiejoe

Banned
Awards
you should watch that movie "american beauty", it always gives me a boost. that movie is so bad ass

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
Anxiety can creep in, especially in light of a significant (emotional) event in life. Exacerbating (perhaps) a mid-life malaise of some kind, which isn't that uncommon. I am not too far from your age, and I know how that can feel. There is a school of philosophical/spiritual thought which states that ALL fear which is realized by an individual, can ultimately be traced back, or reduced to our own fear of mortality.

There are meds prescribed for this, but I highly suggest NOT using meds for this condition (if at all possible). Reason being, thre problem can usually be addressed and resolved with some time, effort, and possibly counseling or education. You put some pill in someone's life to cure anxiety, and it works (actually many times just temporarily masks the emotion, as a painkiller masks pain for awhile) and you create a psychological and physical reliance on that pill in order to be anxiety-free. AKA addiction.

You get props for sharing your dilemma, MaDmaN. I guarantee there are plenty of others who share the feelings, but don't talk about it. I'm willing to guess we all do to one degree or another. And certainly men are at high risk for this because we seem to think, as you point out, that to feel or share something like this is a sign of weakness. Actually, it is a sign of strength to be willing to bring it up. Good conversation to have.

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
(((((((HUGZ)))))))))) to madman ........one day at a time.........

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
don't stress over the things you can control, and don't stress over the things you can't control. One day at a time.

D

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Funny you bring this up MadMan-
I was rushed to the hospital Thursday night because I was having severe chest pains and trouble breathing. I've been to several doctors since and they've all told me the same thing," I NEED TO FUCKIN RELAX".

I too have been so worried about being perfect at EVERYTHING lately. School (16 college credits) with a goal of straight A's so I can get an internship with a pro MLB team, working to pay bills, playing softball three days a week (which was stupid of me to commit to :frustrate ), training in the gym, dieting for a photo-shoot in 4 weeks, keeping my woman happy...I could go on!!

You're not the only one brother! :thumbsup:

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Dam.and I thought I was the only one.It's amazing how many of us go through **** day to day and think nothing of it.Our society dictates go,go,go and when your ready to drop go some more.I need to learn to relax but dont know how,even when I get home I wanna help my wife and i will look for things to do....Hugs back at ya wrangle thank you and thanks to everyone who shared it helps.Dietrying my daughter has the very same thing you do,she was hospitolized with tightness in her chest and shortness of breath..She actually has a breathing machine to re-teach her how to breath..Thanks you guys.

G

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
try a VERY high dose EQ only cycle ...

haha obviously just kidding ... anyway i would try the yoga/other forms of meditating relaxation and try to stay away from klonipin unless it is an absolute last resort ... you can only be on it temporarily and from what i have seen from friends is HORRIBLE to come off of

G

Greenguy

Awards
  • Established
I take Paxil. Some swear it is the devil's drug but it has helped me a lot with the problems you mentioned.

It does **** up your sex life, however.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just recently have been diagnosed with anxiety/panic attacks. I was also one of the ones of the thought that depression/anxiety can be tolerated, and to just suck it up hell I'm a former Marine. I now know that this is impossible. I have been to the hospital three times b/c of the feeling that I was having a heart attack. Anxiety comes at different levels, and gets worse if it's not treated. I let it go for so long that I now have heart palpatations, and at 24 may have to look into scaling back on my active lifestyle so that my mind and body can just relax. If you are really feeling these symptoms Madman I would suggest not seeing your GP, but a clinical psychologist. There are ways to treat it without drugs, which I also suggest avoiding if possible. Good luck! You have a lot to be happy for.

G

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
you could also try Rhodiola Rosea root it supposedly works well for anxiety

bigswole30

bigswole30

Awards
  • Established
I too suffer extreme anxiety disorder and occasional panic attacks. I have found this product to be a life saver.

www.clarocet.com