people are getting more stupid

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. I think Iím going to take a scientific look at the problem...

    While sharks have been known to eat their young and bees to kill their out of commission elders, only humans (as far as I know) kill their own for no real benefit, such as food with sharks.

    Now what separates humans from other species. I think there are 2 general differences that could make humans the only species capable of evil.
    1- Advanced reasoning (otters using rocks to open a clam shell is reasoning, but it doesnt compare with building an international space station)
    2- Advanced civilization

    Of humans, who has the most advanced of advanced reasoning. Einstein, Stephen hawking, etc. are the smartest men to ever live. Were they violent? No. If Advanced reasoning made people evil, they would be the most violent. Therefore I believe its advanced civilization.

    There are 2 things about civilization that brings about evil. The first is segregation amongst humans into nations, religions, etc. Species such as lions will have fights between different prides, but only over food. Lions dont launch crusades like the medieval Christians, which was not required for their survival. (Which, by the way, is NOT Christianity. Killing anyone in the name of Jesus is like making a donation to the United Negro College Fund in the name of the KKK).

    Now what does that have to do with the article? Humans from other nations, infact other families, dont view themselves as family like we should. If this mans brother threw the snowball, I bet no shots would have been fired.

    Civilization causes evil in another way, too. Inside of civilizations, take the US for example, economic classes bring about evil. The guy that shot that girl, probably not financially well off. Sure, rich people loose it all the time, but I would bet no guy driving a souped up benz and a 5 story luxury home is going to shoot some little girl. The answer to this is not really keeping kids in school to get better jobs. Think about it, jobs arent going to pop out of the sky just because more people are educated. There are college grads all over this country that are qualified for hi paying jobs, but cant find work. Theoretically, if everyone in this country had a masters degree, then some people with masters degrees would be making minimum wage at mcdonalds. The only real way to bring up the bottom is the lower the top. Or (long pause) institute communism. However, we all know why that wont work.

    How do we fix this? I dont know. It is almost guaranteed that there will always be a top and a bottom economic classes in this country. It is also guaranteed that 90% of those who grow up in poverty will grow up bitter because of it.


    In conclusion, the only way we can remove evil from this world is to remove nations and economic classes. We need to not live in countries, states, or provinces, we have to just exist as one. We must also level out the economic classes, which will prevent poverty from creating evil in the minds of the young ones who grow up in it.

    How? No idea yet.

    And I dont want to sound like an ass but...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rivet
    I just get more bitter/grumpy.
    If you get grumpy every time something like this happens in the world, you are never going to smile, brother.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by spatch

    And I dont want to sound like an ass but...



    If you get grumpy every time something like this happens in the world, you are never going to smile, brother.
    No your right and I don't. I care too much...
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by spatch
    In conclusion, the only way we can remove evil from this world is to remove nations and economic classes. We need to not live in countries, states, or provinces, we have to just exist as one. We must also level out the economic classes, which will prevent poverty from creating evil in the minds of the young ones who grow up in it.

    How? No idea yet.
    Call me a pessimist but I don't think you can get rid of evil. I think evil will always be among us even if we get rid of countries and level out economic classes. By the way, if you create a one world gov't (which is what getting rid of countries amounts to) then you would have to compete with a lot more people for the jobs, resources, and privileges that you have for living in the USA. I know I wouldn't give that up because that amounts to giving up what Americans fought and died for so I could enjoy it. I'm not about to give that up so the rest of the world can be in harmony. Does that make me evil ? It depends on your point of view. I think you have to fight evil at a cultural level, not by changing the entire structure we have become accustomed to.

    By the way, are there any stats that show we have more crime PER CAPITA then ever before. As the world population increases there should be an increase in crime. I also believe the world was a lot more violent in the past. You had the Holocaust in WWII plus the soldiers who died. Add the Spanish inquisition, the Holocaust of Native Americans, WWI was pretty freaking nasty, the more or less 100 million people who died because of Communism, etc. What would you take, the world as it is today or as it used to be ?

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    Call me a pessimist but I don't think you can get rid of evil.
    I agree 100%.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    By the way, are there any stats that show we have more crime PER CAPITA then ever before. As the world population increases there should be an increase in crime. I also believe the world was a lot more violent in the past. You had the Holocaust in WWII plus the soldiers who died. Add the Spanish inquisition, the Holocaust of Native Americans, WWI was pretty freaking nasty, the more or less 100 million people who died because of Communism, etc. What would you take, the world as it is today or as it used to be ?
    I agree man, I think were just hearing about it on the news way more now, this kind of thing has been goin on forever and now the media is just able to show and talk about more and more.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by spatch
    I agree 100%.
    just remember, curtiousy of tears of the sun:
    Evil only prevails when good men do nothing.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-24-2007, 10:02 AM
  2. Are people that take prohoromones stupid?
    By ripped22 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 12-14-2005, 11:34 AM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-24-2003, 07:24 PM
Log in
Log in