Who else does this?

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
I watched the movie "Rudy" today again for about the millionth time and, again, at the end when he gets in the game, I was crying like a school girl with a skinned knee. Ok- not balling or anything, but definitely choked up. The same thing happens when I watch RockyII. There are certain movies that just choke me up no matter how many times I see them (braveheart, gladiator, miracle). Any on else do this. And no, I am not currently taking clomid.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I can get kinda choked up sometimes...like, when I"m at the movie theatre and I drop my box of butterfingers on the dirty ass floor and a good ass movie is on so I can't leave to get some more...damn...that really gets me. :D

No, but some movies do that to me... ;)

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Actually its quite normal and a healthy sign of a good mind IMO Its when you start getting blunted emotion, then its not good, Its healthy for men to "feel" and be sensitive, compassion is a masculine trait, dont let anyone tell you its not.

knox

Awards
  • Established
Maybe we should start a support group for the emotional bunch....i'm in.:D

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
I can get kinda choked up sometimes...like, when I"m at the movie theatre and I drop my box of butterfingers on the dirty ass floor and a good ass movie is on so I can't leave to get some more...damn...that really gets me. :D

No, but some movies do that to me... ;)
mmmmmmm...butterfingers....

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
SILENCE! i am on a cut. now back to my broccoli and oatmael....

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I don't think it's wrong getting choked up or emotional while watching certain movies. However, like jarhead, I wonder why on some movies even though I know God damn well what's going to happen, it still effects me. I guess a good movie is a good movie, and the story will be effective no matter how many times you see it, just like good books. I always get choked up during the Ride of the Rohirim scene in Return of the King. The music's playing, they're riding to certain death, no matter what happens the world is going to be changed irreversibly...

I fucking love those three movies. My favorite books as a kid, my favorite movies as an adult.

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
my girlfriend read this thread, and she want's to give all of you big lugs HUGS now... and yes Rudy gets me deep down inside too.!! :cheers:

Clintdogg

Clintdogg

Awards
saving private ryan is probably the worst, knowing most of that movie actually happened.

size

Awards
  • Established
I do not, but you are not the only one. I know a few others who do it, I call them pussies. :lol:

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
How can anyone not be moved by the fat hobbit getting to play in a Notre Dame football game?

tiggermoon

tiggermoon

Awards
How can anyone not be moved by the fat hobbit getting to play in a Notre Dame football game?
there is an obscure chinese movie about an educated/urbanized man who goes to visit his dieing father in the village where he lives and cares for his other mentally slow son. well, the village has been slated for demolition by the government and the father worries who will care for his stay-at-home son when he is gone. of course the father dies, and if the scene where the slow son gets dumped at the state mental hospital doesn't rip your heart out you are made of stone.

of course i did watch rocky once when on a test crash waiting for pct to kick in.
f#####g blew my mind.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
I watched Million Dollar Baby recently and didn`t know if I wanted to cry or snap
the F out... Shows me that it`s a great movie if it can move you.

lozgod

lozgod

Awards
  • Established
Is it normal to want to choke that kid throughout the whole movie (except for the end when I start to cry too.)?