Thinking about moving, suggestions? (Rant)

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
I love Tennessee and would probably eventually consider moving back here again after leaving, but I'm 28 years old. I'm married and we have a son right now and I make well over 100k per year. I can get a job anywhere in the country probably easily and just feel like there's more out there in this life. I mean I love where I live at now and like I said, I know I'll probably eventually end up coming back, but between my wife's family living 35 miles away here in Tennessee and driving us nuts to me getting bored with the area, I just feel like I want to move. Pigeon Forge is one of my favorite vacationing areas, but it's not like we don't go there all the time anyway and it's almost getting old.

I think I want to move somewhere close to an ocean, but close to the country. I'm thinking maybe somewhere in Florida. I want to live near the cornfields, but I want to be able to drive 30 minutes and be in bumper to bumper 6 lanes of traffic, hotels, restaurants, fast food places, malls, amusement parks, etc. I would like to live within an hour or so from the beach. I'm thinking Florida is the place I'm looking for. I'm just getting really stale right now and just keep looking back and saying "is this really the only area I ever want to experience in my life?" I feel like I'm getting old and my life is passing me by. I've been living in fast forward every since I graduated high school and it's almost like I've missed out on the enjoyment part. I always said I wanted to look back on my life and see accomplishments and I really am proud of what I've done; especially considering I am not even 30 yet, but on the other hand, I haven't really got to sit and catch my breath and "enjoy" my life.

Maybe I could just consider buying a vacation home in Florida? But then again, I don't want to pay $1,500 per month rent on something that's going to be used once or twice a year. I don't know, but it's been really depressing me here lately. I'm in about the best shape of my life but I still feel like I'm in the last "young" years of my life. I worked a ton of OT this year trying to make more money and ended up earning way more than any of the previous years, but it felt like it made 2013 fly by and I guess I just need a big, long break.

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
San Diego California. Best place on earth

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
I've highly considered California but I am unsure about moving to the west coast.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
Why are you unsure about the west coast?
I was stationed in Camp Pendleton while I was in the Marine Corp. I'm not sure if much has changed or not since then but man that was a wild place back when I was there.

I'm not sure I could re-adapt to the lifestyle and timezone. For example, most of my family lives in Tennessee/Georgia/Ohio so it would be difficult predicting good times to get in touch with them, living on the other side of the country from my family, etc.

I'm trying to live life a little slower, I think California would speed it up a notch lol.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
I was stationed in Camp Pendleton while I was in the Marine Corp. I'm not sure if much has changed or not since then but man that was a wild place back when I was there.

I'm not sure I could re-adapt to the lifestyle and timezone. For example, most of my family lives in Tennessee/Georgia/Ohio so it would be difficult predicting good times to get in touch with them, living on the other side of the country from my family, etc.

I'm trying to live life a little slower, I think California would speed it up a notch lol.
Hey man I live right down the road in vista. If you are happy in Tennessee don't come to cali . Its packed full of people who are rude and the state is ran by a bunch of douche bags nor cal like Tahoe is nice though. The only saving grace is the weather

J

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Hey man I live right down the road in vista. If you are happy in Tennessee don't come to cali . Its packed full of people who are rude and the state is ran by a bunch of douche bags nor cal like Tahoe is nice though. The only saving grace is the weather
Same thing with Florida but north Florida seems to have better people than south Florida. This area is over run by privileged young adults attempting to be gangsters smh...I still don't get it lol

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Same thing with Florida but north Florida seems to have better people than south Florida. This area is over run by privileged young adults attempting to be gangsters smh...I still don't get it lol
Can't stand those kind of people

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Canada :)

J

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Can't stand those kind of people
Lol dude...sorry I'm laughing just thinking about this..I'm talking 18 yr old white kids who drive bentleys and dress like they should be in a rap video and talk about shooting guns and using Ebonics and shyt. If you ever see this it's really really hard not to laugh

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
You should come live in Australia! It's quite a fun place.
Actually, when I graduated college I thought long and hard about moving to either Australia or Mexico. I wouldn't mind living in Australia at all if I could get used to it out there. I dated a girl in college from Australia, man she was quite the rodeo lol.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
Canada's way too cold for me bro lol.

I'm looking into North or South Carolina right now.

I know the movie Jeepers Creepers was filmed in Florida, I've always been fascinated with that area they filmed the movie.

Abby

Abby

Awards
Actually, when I graduated college I thought long and hard about moving to either Australia or Mexico. I wouldn't mind living in Australia at all if I could get used to it out there. I dated a girl in college from Australia, man she was quite the rodeo lol.
It's not to hard to adapt too, just depends whereabouts you live. For example, where I live you have to adapt to the heat and humidity (65-70%) and there is no such thing as winter. But say if you go down south you have temperatures similar to Florida but you still get a winter with snow in certain areas.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
It's not to hard to adapt too, just depends whereabouts you live. For example, where I live you have to adapt to the heat and humidity (65-70%) and there is no such thing as winter. But say if you go down south you have temperatures similar to Florida but you still get a winter with snow in certain areas.
I would definitely prefer to live where you live in that case. I could definitely deal with humidity and never seeing another snowflake again. Do you live near the outback?

Abby

Abby

Awards
I would definitely prefer to live where you live in that case. I could definitely deal with humidity and never seeing another snowflake again. Do you live near the outback?
Easier said than done with humidity. And no I don't ahaha hardly anyone lives in the outback. We all live in cities and towns (except for some though)

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
Easier said than done with humidity. And no I don't ahaha hardly anyone lives in the outback. We all live in cities and towns (except for some though)
Sorry lol I've just always wanting to visit the outback.

I'm sure the humidity would be exhausting but it beats having to deal with winter in my book.

I could definitely see myself living in Australia. About how dangerous is it in your part?

Abby

Abby

Awards
Sorry lol I've just always wanting to visit the outback. I'm sure the humidity would be exhausting but it beats having to deal with winter in my book. I could definitely see myself living in Australia. About how dangerous is it in your part?
Do you mean people wise or animal wise.?

Abby

Abby

Awards
Both really. And how are your gun laws?
Animals are fine if you don't screw with them, they won't screw with you, pretty similar with people aswell, we are very opinionated especially when drunk but yeah it's just easier to let things go if you are in an argument. Gun laws I am very happy about, we have very tight gun laws it is really hard to get one unless you are a farmer but yeah you can walk streets without worrying about being shot.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
Animals are fine if you don't screw with them, they won't screw with you, pretty similar with people aswell, we are very opinionated especially when drunk but yeah it's just easier to let things go if you are in an argument. Gun laws I am very happy about, we have very tight gun laws it is really hard to get one unless you are a farmer but yeah you can walk streets without worrying about being shot.
I've always been one to mind my own business, so I'd probably get along great with everyone then.

People get drunk in Australia? You wouldn't say ;).

Abby

Abby

Awards
I've always been one to mind my own business, so I'd probably get along great with everyone then. People get drunk in Australia? You wouldn't say ;).
We find every reason to drink it's great :)
Australia Day... Drink
Labour Day... Drink
Queens Birthday... Drink
Easter... Drink
New Year's Day... Drink
New Year's Eve... Drink
Christmas Eve.. Drink
Christmas Day... Drink
It's a pretty awesome lifestyle we are all about having fun but we still have somewhat a serious side.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
We find every reason to drink it's great :)
Australia Day... Drink
Labour Day... Drink
Queens Birthday... Drink
Easter... Drink
New Year's Day... Drink
New Year's Eve... Drink
Christmas Eve.. Drink
Christmas Day... Drink
I'm in!!! :D

Warm weather all year long and holiday drinking? I could see myself going for a swim... :D

Abby

Abby

Awards
I'm in!!! :D Warm weather all year long and holiday drinking? I could see myself going for a swim... :D
When I say no winter I meant like 11-13 degrees celcius on average, generally above though in twenties. So it's not exactly always warm but majority, we don't really have spring or autumn. It's more like wet season and dry season

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
When I say no winter I meant like 11-13 degrees celcius on average, generally above though in twenties. So it's not exactly always warm but majority, we don't really have spring or autumn. It's more like wet season and dry season
So do you guys get any snowfalls?

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
Nope not where I am
That's the main thing for me. I don't mind a little cold weather every now and then as long as there's no snow. I hate waking up in the morning and letting the ice defrost on my truck, having to put it in 4X4 to get in my driveway, having the roads covered in snow going to work, etc. That's one of the main things I want to get away from.

Abby

Abby

Awards
That's the main thing for me. I don't mind a little cold weather every now and then as long as there's no snow. I hate waking up in the morning and letting the ice defrost on my truck, having to put it in 4X4 to get in my driveway, having the roads covered in snow going to work, etc. That's one of the main things I want to get away from.
Yeah you don't have to worry about anything like that.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
Yeah you don't have to worry about anything like that.
What about thunderstorms? Do you guys have a lot of thunderstorms?

Abby

Abby

Awards
What about thunderstorms? Do you guys have a lot of thunderstorms?
Yeah in nth qld (where I am) we have lots of cyclones, maybe google cyclone yasi, that was our latest one which is surprising since it was a while back.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
Yeah in nth qld (where I am) we have lots of cyclones, maybe google cyclone yasi, that was our latest one which is surprising since it was a while back.
I love thunderstorms, but cyclones (hurricanes, as we call them) can get a little scary. That's still an area I'd like to look into though...

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
Edit, double post.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
Because qld and nsw are very big on rugby
I'd fit in in that sense.

An Australian nurse at our hospital mentions it quite a bit. I'm about the only person there that actually understands the game.

Abby

Abby

Awards
I'd fit in in that sense. An Australian nurse at our hospital mentions it quite a bit. I'm about the only person there that actually understands the game.
Just never insult another team when people are around... The amount of people I have yelled at is crazy especially around state of origin

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
Just never insult another team when people are around... The amount of people I have yelled at is crazy especially around state of origin
Thanks for the tip. Do you play rugby?

Abby

Abby

Awards
Thanks for the tip. Do you play rugby?
Nah I can't, you have to stop once you are 13 because of boobs and their are never any competitions or anything because women aren't really interested

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
Nah I can't, you have to stop once you are 13 because of boobs and their are never any competitions or anything because women aren't really interested
Oh, I see. I guess the whole boobs thing might have to deal with sexual harassment charges or something?

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Lol dude...sorry I'm laughing just thinking about this..I'm talking 18 yr old white kids who drive bentleys and dress like they should be in a rap video and talk about shooting guns and using Ebonics and shyt. If you ever see this it's really really hard not to laugh
Man I hear that. A few miles away from me there is one of the richest communities in America. I have seen real the real life Malibus most wanted hanging out at Panera. Its sad and funny at the same time. I mean if you grew up in the hood what ever it is a survival technique. If you grew up with a silver or platinum card at least talk like you want to a private school

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
Man I hear that. A few miles away from me there is one of the richest communities in America. I have seen real the real life Malibus most wanted hanging out at Panera. Its sad and funny at the same time. I mean if you grew up in the hood what ever it is a survival technique. If you grew up with a silver or platinum card at least talk like you want to a private school
I remember in a previous thread someone asked me why I keep three guns in my truck.

Situations like this statement that I bolded are exactly why. You never know...

dboston

dboston

Awards
Florida is great place been here for 12 years originally from nh

jack_black

jack_black

Awards
If you want to be able to carry and own guns then stay in Tennessee. It's cheap there and gun laws are good. Just travel to Australia . Those jokers pretty much turned in all their guns years ago. Screw that.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
I remember in a previous thread someone asked me why I keep three guns in my truck.

Situations like this statement that I bolded are exactly why. You never know...
LOL that was me that asked that.

Abby

Abby

Awards
If you want to be able to carry and own guns then stay in Tennessee. It's cheap there and gun laws are good. Just travel to Australia . Those jokers pretty much turned in all their guns years ago. Screw that.
We actually like it, we feel safe knowing that everyone doesn't have guns and at least we have no sandy hook events.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Ok no gun law debates last time we had one with some one claiming to be Australian people got banned and nasty conversation took place.
I personally believe the guy was a troll who was only interested in talking garbage but why risk it.