Good diet

dboston

dboston

Awards
Hats a good diet for me, I eat the following and have lost 100 lbs, I think my energy level has dropped and want to continue to lose more weight I am 5'11" 195 us to weigh 295

Breakfast; 6 egg white with a small amount of shredded cheese on top

Lunch; 4oz chicken breast with salad, blue cheese with sugar free no calorie salad dressing.

Dinner; chicken or fish with salad..

Am I on the right track would like to hit the gym but I feel my carbs might not be too high, I ate for the first time 2 peanut butter sandwiches for two days and gained 5lbs lol HELP.....

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Is this a joke

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I mean gaining 5lbs on a few pb&j's

dboston

dboston

Awards
Lol maybe my body is not use too this? I have been eating this diet for 10 months, should I continue this? I want to hit the gym and work out to gain muscle!!!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You're under eating. Even for losing weight, I would venture to eat more than that. If you want to gain muscle, then you'll need to eat more. Introduce carbs and fats back into your diet slowly, as mentioned ready in your other thread.

Find an online TDEE calculator. Calculate your TDEE. Eat more than that to gain weight, slightly less than that to lose weight.

Stop feeling guilty about eating food. That's not gonna get you anywhere. You should still be able to enjoy your food AND produce the gains in body composition that you want.

dboston

dboston

Awards
Being 295 a year ago made me in happy and never want to go back went from 42 waist to 34 feel great but last two months been feeling sluggish and sex drive went down? Lol I am going to add oatmeal to my breakfast anything else should I do? Higher chicken?? What else???

dboston

dboston

Awards
I do still got a little belly fat I want to get rid of, I wouldn't mind losing another 10lbs but want to add muscle too????

dboston

dboston

Awards
I still have a belly I want to get rid of and wouldn't mind losing 10 more lbs, but I do want to add muscle also!!!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You need to decide what you want. Lose 10lbs of fat or build muscle. I would recommend following my original post though, and find out what your TDEE is, and then find out how many calories you typically eat a day.

dboston

dboston

Awards
I have been on this low carb diet for so long not sure if it was a good thing??

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes. There's no need to constantly repost. The forum isn't very active on the weekends.

I revert back to my post stating to calculate your TDEE using an online calculator. That will tell you how many calories to consume to maintain your current weight.

If you want to gain muscle, I would start eating that amount of calories, and then slowly bump it up.

Stop being afraid of food. As long as your total calorie intake is within your alloted range, you will be perfectly fine. You need more than oatmeal, chicken, and lettuce.

Protein: Lean meats
Fat: Nuts, Avacado, Olive Oil ect
Carbs: Rice, pasta, quinoa, potatoes, grains

Eat
1.0g of protein per lb of bodyweight
+0.5g of fat per lb of bodyweight
The rest, enjoy some carbs.

Part of the reason you have no energy is because you're under eating. Part of the reason your libido is down is because there's n fat in your diet. Fat is a good thing.

dboston

dboston

Awards
Gotcha makes sense, I will add oatmeal to my die at in the morning, then add maybe handful of peanuts per day? I eat around 1200 calories per day

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You've also posted this in the General Chat forum. There will be feedback if placed in a more appropriate section

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gotcha makes sense, I will add oatmeal to my die at in the morning, then add maybe handful of peanuts per day? I eat around 1200 calories per day
I'm saying this again: You are under eating. Get online and calculate your TDEE, eat that. A 110lb high school girl needs to eat more than 1200 calories a day. That's why you feel like crap.

See my previous post!

dboston

dboston

Awards
Lol gotcha lol ok sounds good you actually helped out a lot, thank you!!!

dboston

dboston

Awards
I will increase my protein start eating oatmeal and handful of peanuts per day I lost so much weight in stomach that it's a little flabby at the bottom and want to continue to lose that and get a flat stomach what should I do? Increase cardio and do crunches????

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No. Crunches won't do a damn thing.

Calculate your TDEE. Eat that to maintain weight, eat 250 calories less than that to lose weight, eat more than that to gain muscle. You've been given advice. You say you wanna gain muscle=eat more. Now you say lose fat=eat SLIGHTLY below your TDEE. I don't know how else to say it.

I also gave you advice on food, yet you want to stick with only oatmeal.

You feel like crap because you barely eat anything.

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sean is giving u some good advice here...
Don't b scared to eat..
Just oatmeal is not enough..
1 handful of peanuts is also not enough...
U gotta kick start ur metabolism...
For cardio: first thing in the morning on an empty stomach n before bed after ur last meal...
If u plan on training u need fuel... Eat eat eat...:)

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also depends what time a day u will train..
If u train, I would do 15 min of cardio before training and 45min post training...

dboston

dboston

Awards
So If i run 3 miles in the morning and 3 at night that should be good??

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also take measurements...
Once u start putting on muscle u will gain weight... If u wanna get big , u can't just focus on the #'s on the scale... So measure:)

dboston

dboston

Awards
What I was thinking was running 3 miles in the morning before breakfast eat breakfast the go work out, then go to work eat what I need to eat through the day and later that night run 3 miles before bed?????

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What I was thinking was running 3 miles in the morning before breakfast eat breakfast the go work out, then go to work eat what I need to eat through the day and later that night run 3 miles before bed?????
How long does it take u to run 3 miles

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Reason I'm asking is because u don't wanna do too much cardio before u train ..

dboston

dboston

Awards
Measurements now are
38"waist
Arms 15"
Neck16"
Weight 195

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Measurements now are 38"waist Arms 15" Neck16" Weight 195
Ok good.. U can add leg measurements too..
What I did is I made a chart, put it on my fridge, n I update it once a month....

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It should b ok, if u have a good breaky before training..
Oats: 1/2 cup dry to a cup of water( depending on how thick u want it.
U can use a protein powder( 1 scoop) in ur oatmeal, or egg w..
Good fat
U can throw a banana in there too.. That's an extra 25g of carbs

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It depends on your goals and your caloric intake.

If you want to gain muscle, and eat your 2900 calories, and then burn it off by running 3 miles twice a day, then that's not very conducive to gaining muscle.

Diet is your biggest issue.

dboston

dboston

Awards
I live half mile from my gym I can eat breakfast jog there lift jog back, then continue in my day then run 3 miles later at night??

Is this better??

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's a start...
If u chose u can split ur meals to 6/day.. Each containing protein.... That will keep u feeling full..
U could do carbs in the first 3 meals, if u chose, it's ok... U need carbs for energy ...
And a" handful of nuts" or almond milk etc. before bed with ur last meal..

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My hola is too flatten my belly, and get ripped..
Oh. I thought you said you wanted to gain muscle lol

Whatever running you want to do is fine (DIET will be key!!!!!), but I would urge you to do some type or sprinting or high intensity training instead or in conjunction with.

dboston

dboston

Awards
I do wanna gain muscle sorry that's what I meant by ripped,

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I live half mile from my gym I can eat breakfast jog there lift jog back, then continue in my day then run 3 miles later at night?? Is this better??
I wouldn't job to the gym though.. I'd save my strength for lifting...

dboston

dboston

Awards
Gotcha lets do this eat breakfast, go to gym, continue my day eat what I need to eat and run 3 miles at night???

Better??