Will it never end...

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
31 Marines from the 1st Marine Division (a division I was apart of) and others died in a helo crash yesterday. It was the deadliest day since the start of the war in Iraq. It happened near Ar Rutbah where I happened to have served my time in Iraq. May god rest their souls including those who have also given their lives in the name of freedom.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/01/26/iraq.main/index.html

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I always hated riding in those death traps. They always fail at some point in time. . .

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I always hated riding in those death traps. They always fail at some point in time. . .
That's what pisses me off. Instead of giving aid to all of these foreign countries who wish us death and destruction, we should give our fucking military some equiptment that isn't going to break and kill them.

How many people have we lost in helicopter crashes? DAMN....ridiculous.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Once a week I've been going to the veteran's memorial near my home, just to chill and think for a while. We scattered some of my father's ashes there because he helped get the funding to build it and it was one of the things he was most proud of. I hate watching the news these days.

G

good_guye28

Awards
  • Established
its horrible, i hate to read **** like this. i too have rode in them many a day and was nervous on quite a few of those rides...

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I've ridden in CH-53's several times and never worried once about crashing. The 48's are what scared me. Maybe because they're so much smaller. Both are reletively safe though.