Opening a Supplement Store

Rarchib

Rarchib

Awards
I was just curious if anyone has tried opening an independently owned, non-franchise supplement store? What are the expected start up costs (outside of rent and insurance)? Did you contact individual companies or large scale distributors to get products? What are reasonable monthly sales? Any other information is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I was just curious if anyone has tried opening an independently owned, non-franchise supplement store? What are the expected start up costs (outside of rent and insurance)? Did you contact individual companies or large scale distributors to get products? What are reasonable monthly sales? Any other information is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Not saying you can't do it and it's not possible, but I would guess you would need to have an on-line side if you did. I don't think a mom and pop supplement store would make it. Maybe adding a all organic market might help , but even then it's tough.

Rarchib

Rarchib

Awards
Not saying you can't do it and it's not possible, but I would guess you would need to have an on-line side if you did. I don't think a mom and pop supplement store would make it. Maybe adding a all organic market might help , but even then it's tough.
Yeah it's not going to be a cake walk by any means. There's actually a pretty solid demand for it around where I live. There's only one independently owned supplement store in a 20 mile radius. I live in a highly populated area too. I already have the funds and a spot that I am about to put a deposit down for. Hopefully if all goes well, maybe in a year I can bring an online sales aspect to it. I'm thinking of going through Europa Sports for distribution. Any recommendations?