any of you play guitar and into guitar gear?

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
I've been playing for 14 years now.

I have a Yamaha acoustic/electric, rogue acoustic and a Martin electric. I got my first guitar for my 14th birthday, but started seriously playing when I was about 16.

On my nights off I love to just sit and relax by the fireplace and play my guitar.

chitown58

chitown58

Awards
i play guitar, been in a few bands, check out my cheesy shred guitar songs i did for fun on soundcloud....its pretty old, i plan on putting up new songs and updating everything soon...https://soundcloud.com/nicknaffa

Zac Speed

Zac Speed

Awards
I play! Been playing nearly 20 years. I have 2 electrics and thanks to some **** who beat me to it lost out on a nice Ovation Acoustic for $225 on C.L. Saturday.

Both are Hamers. One is an artists Corona sunburst. Tuned in E. The other a Standard (think Gibson Explorer) Thats tuned to D drop C for my metal addiction.

I dont play as much as I should these days but I'll still shred from time to time. I love playing along with some Killswitch Engage or As I Lay Dying!

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
My whole family plays except for my sister and i, my dads got over a dozen guitars and a few bases(including the one Paul McCartney played) and has been in a few BeaTles cover bands, my cousin plays like he's the love child of Hendrix and Morrison, my mom plays a little but keeps it folk and country and I have retard hands good only for lifting heavy ****

Sr_505

Sr_505

Awards
  • Established
I've played bass for eight years, if that counts lol. I've got an Ibanez Sr_505 (hence my name lol) and a Kay upright, and a Fender Jazz fretless.

Zac Speed

Zac Speed

Awards
I've played bass for eight years, if that counts lol. I've got an Ibanez Sr_505 (hence my name lol) and a Kay upright, and a Fender Jazz fretless.
Hell yeah! I always wanted an upright bass!

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Playing a musical instrument is an amazing talent, especially a guitar! Keep rocking that sh!t

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice!!!!

I play at church. I have a Taylor 312 ce and a Taylor t5 custom. Just bought a vox amp. I put a video of it on YouTube if any of you are interested I'll put the link on here or just search "vox ac15vr Taylor t5". For what I play it is perfect.

I also like jamming to country and blues. Still learning blues though. I'm fairly young :)

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm just now at 31 years old learning to play. Pretty intimidating at first but I'm having a great time getting going.

chitown58

chitown58

Awards
i love creating music, its my water as my training is my fire, my anabolic and catabolic, my stress state and my healing state, yin and yang, a good balance in 2 of my passions..

PharmAnalyst

PharmAnalyst

Awards
  • Established
I play classical (acoustic nylon string) & electric. I used to teach lessons and play at Church as well but I mostly just jam or compose these days when I can manage to play.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
question...

i am a newb when it comes to locking tuners. how to they work? ive played on this for a few hours now and its gotten out of tune a few times. strings are a week or 2 old, stretched out already

PharmAnalyst

PharmAnalyst

Awards
  • Established
I've only used the locking (floating) tremolos, but I read a little about locking tuners. As I understand it, their main purpose is to avoid having to wrap the string around the post a few times before inserting it through for proper tension. Since the mechanism clamps down onto the string, the possibility of the string unwinding around the post and coming loose is avoided.

PharmAnalyst

PharmAnalyst

Awards
  • Established
Do you use any multi-tracking software to record?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've only used the locking (floating) tremolos, but I read a little about locking tuners. As I understand it, their main purpose is to avoid having to wrap the string around the post a few times before inserting it through for proper tension. Since the mechanism clamps down onto the string, the possibility of the string unwinding around the post and coming loose is avoided.
Yep finally understand hahaha

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
Late to the thread but thought I'd chime in on this anyway. Been playing guitar for 30yrs. Been in many bands over the years. Was in a hardcore band in my early 20's and we actually signed a record deal and toured all over. Thought I was going to be a rockstar. Actually being paid to play and earning a living at it was amazing...........but I Learned alot about how the music industry really works and I learned that the hard way.... Flash forward 20 years and now I still play but just for fun. My kids listen to my album and look at old pics and hear stories of Dad's music on the radio and all the places we played ....they think I'm a rockstar LOL good enough for me.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Late to the thread but thought I'd chime in on this anyway. Been playing guitar for 30yrs. Been in many bands over the years. Was in a hardcore band in my early 20's and we actually signed a record deal and toured all over. Thought I was going to be a rockstar. Actually being paid to play and earning a living at it was amazing...........but I Learned alot about how the music industry really works and I learned that the hard way.... Flash forward 20 years and now I still play but just for fun. My kids listen to my album and look at old pics and hear stories of Dad's music on the radio and all the places we played ....they think I'm a rockstar LOL good enough for me.
Hahahha