Movie thread. Whats worth watching?

keithgeiling

keithgeiling

Awards
  • Established
Will start this thread by saying I went and saw Anchor man 2 yesterday and my wife and I were not impressed. Don't get me wrong, there were some pretty funny parts but they tried way too hard and got too over the top throughout most of movie.. We did rent "prisoners" the other night and we thought that was an excellent movie (especially of you have children). What other movies and opinions are floating around??

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Will start this thread by saying I went and saw Anchor man 2 yesterday and my wife and I were not impressed. Don't get me wrong, there were some pretty funny parts but they tried way too hard and got too over the top throughout most of movie.. We did rent "prisoners" the other night and we thought that was an excellent movie (especially of you have children). What other movies and opinions are floating around??
Prisoners was great! Also, the wife and I liked insidious II

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Meet the millers was great, definitely no kids for that one though. Can't remember the name of the one where Vince Vaughan was an intern at google, I hate the guy but that was pretty good. Watched The Wolverine the other night and it seemed pretty good too.

Glad I'm not the only one with the same feelings about anchorman 2.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
The Hobbit, the hang ending will frustrate the hell out if you but next is the grande finale so I expected no less.
Pretty impressive action sequences throughout, if that is your kind of thing.

I enjoyed the latest instalment of Riddick as well

Keep in mind this is the advice of an action junkie

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The Hobbit, the hang ending will frustrate the hell out if you but next is the grande finale so I expected no less. Pretty impressive action sequences throughout, if that is your kind of thing. I enjoyed the latest instalment of Riddick as well Keep in mind this is the advice of an action junkie
Hobbit was another great movie! Favorite scene is the river battle

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Hobbit was another great movie! Favorite scene is the river battle
Pretty sure this series is stealing another CG award this year, it was impressive

Zac Speed

Zac Speed

Awards
We rented Man of Steel last night.. Freakin awesome movie! Totally had the wife and I wrapped up in it.

smoker145

The Hobbit, the hang ending will frustrate the hell out if you but next is the grande finale so I expected no less. Pretty impressive action sequences throughout, if that is your kind of thing. I enjoyed the latest instalment of Riddick as well Keep in mind this is the advice of an action junkie
I didn't like the 1st hobbit. And I don't like how the movie is cut into 3 parts and dragged out and doesn't follow the book... How the fck is there 3 movies for a 400-500 pg book? By that measure, there should be at least 9 lotr movies

tcslick

tcslick

Awards
Prisoners was great! Also, the wife and I liked insidious II
YES! I just watched Prisoners last night. I was really surprises I thought it looked gay but it turned out to be a great movie.

Some of my favorites are:

The Devils Double
The Iceman
Sin Nombre
Miss Balla
Y Tu Madre
Closer

keithgeiling

keithgeiling

Awards
  • Established
We rented Man of Steel last night.. Freakin awesome movie! Totally had the wife and I wrapped up in it.
We also liked man of steel.. My only complaint is the action scenes at the end were a little drug out but for a whole, it was a good movie. I love to watch up coming trailers of movies on you tube. I'm not religious, but the movie Noah with Russel Crow looks awesome!!!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I didn't like the 1st hobbit. And I don't like how the movie is cut into 3 parts and dragged out and doesn't follow the book... How the fck is there 3 movies for a 400-500 pg book? By that measure, there should be at least 9 lotr movies
They incorporate a lot of Tolkein's other work in them as well, mainly from the Similarion.

I agree 3 movies is a little much but to cover it all I think 2 would have been justifiable.

Zac Speed

Zac Speed

Awards
They incorporate a lot of Tolkein's other work in them as well, mainly from the Similarion.

I agree 3 movies is a little much but to cover it all I think 2 would have been justifiable.
The hobbit 2 was only a little over 2 hours.. I'll take three shorter movies of 2 that are 8hrs long.

smoker145

They incorporate a lot of Tolkein's other work in them as well, mainly from the Similarion. I agree 3 movies is a little much but to cover it all I think 2 would have been justifiable.
Never read his other works. I agree that. 2 movies would have been fine. My main beef with the first is how the goblins looked bad in comparison to the orcs and the goblins that were shown in the fellowship.

TaylorSwift

TaylorSwift

Awards
We're the Millers (best comedy 2013 IMO)

Sunshine and Prometheus (both great science fiction)

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Frozen was badäss.
I do enjoy my animated films, my wife and I catch most of them in theatre. Since Shrek did so well in the box office all newer animated films seem to be gearing themes (although usually hidden) towards the adult audience as well.

Seeing Frozen on Monday

smoker145

Was were the millers funnier than this is the end? I thought that was the funniest movie of the year.

Anyone see anchorman 2, is it worth it?

keithgeiling

keithgeiling

Awards
  • Established
Was were the millers funnier than this is the end? I thought that was the funniest movie of the year. Anyone see anchorman 2, is it worth it?
No it is not!! They tried way too hard and it got too over the top!! IMO

Revival

Revival

Awards
I'm sure everyone has already seen this but if you haven't watch it Warrior. It's on Netflix. One of my favorite movies and it has fantastic acting

keithgeiling

keithgeiling

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure everyone has already seen this but if you haven't watch it Warrior. It's on Netflix. One of my favorite movies and it has fantastic acting
Yes, I also liked that movie..

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Gravity - recently released. And continuing on with the space theme, Moon with Sam Rockwell. Also interested in HER (2014) with Joaquin Phoenix. Looks like it'll be a sleeper but the trailer looks promising.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Identity thief the heat and we are the millers were about equal in my book and I thought that the lone ranger got a bad rap.sure Johnny Deps Indian accent was mildly racist but overall worth the watch

keithgeiling

keithgeiling

Awards
  • Established
I watched Gravity the other night. I thought it was good but am not sure it's Oscar potential stuff? But overall, a good movie.