i am for phil

Page 1 of 27 1236 ... Last
  1. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    29,293
    Rep Power
    10752171
    Level
    120
    Lv. Percent
    65.86%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

    i am for phil


    about time someone had the balls to speak out against all the pc crap!!!



    GO PHIL
    IRONCHAMPUSA REP

    use code BIGTBOGO at http://www.ironchampusa.com/112.html

  2. Senior Member
    gregg1494's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,515
    Rep Power
    103040
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    38.83%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Welcome to American lol
  3. Senior Member
    fame126's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,610
    Rep Power
    311672
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    52.47%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    wait....... what?
    •   
       

  4. Board Supporter
    methusaleh's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    832
    Rep Power
    89365
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    6.79%

    Phil who?

    I am "five phil", I raise you one phil
  5. Senior Member
    fame126's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,610
    Rep Power
    311672
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    52.47%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    what about phil up on breast
  6. Professional Member
    napalm's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    50
    Posts
    4,275
    Rep Power
    438362
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    95.85%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    about time someone had the balls to speak out against all the pc crap!!! GO PHIL
    The family fired back today: 'we can't imagine doing the show w/o our patriarch.'

    That's code for 'this might be the last season.' They don't need a&e's money that's for sure.


    Tbh, I'd vote for Phil. He couldn't possibly be any worse than the morons we have now...
  7. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    29,293
    Rep Power
    10752171
    Level
    120
    Lv. Percent
    65.86%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

    Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    The family fired back today: 'we can't imagine doing the show w/o our patriarch.'

    That's code for 'this might be the last season.' They don't need a&e's money that's for sure.


    Tbh, I'd vote for Phil. He couldn't possibly be any worse than the morons we have now...
    agree with him or disagree, at least he has a code he lives by. every president i can remember has claimed to be a christian-yes, even obama pretends to be. but when someone advocates following the teachings of the bible they get fired?

    it isn't even only christianity, muslims and jews also follow the teachings of the old testament that phil was quoting from.
    IRONCHAMPUSA REP

    use code BIGTBOGO at http://www.ironchampusa.com/112.html
  8. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    29,293
    Rep Power
    10752171
    Level
    120
    Lv. Percent
    65.86%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

    what is really funny is that the left are condeming phil....while fox is heralding him as a hero.

    the funny part is that the left are condeming phil as a hillbilly cracker, fair game for the left....what they are not considering is that their beloved islam has a much harsher view of homosexuality than phil. under islamic law 1st offense for homosexual behavour is a severe beating, if behavour is continued the death penalty will be enforced.

    now...i want to hear just 1 liberal on msnbc berate islam for their views on homosexuality, just 1. lol, it will never happen...
    IRONCHAMPUSA REP

    use code BIGTBOGO at http://www.ironchampusa.com/112.html
  9. Elite Member
    tyga tyga's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    7,415
    Rep Power
    3260145
    Level
    87
    Lv. Percent
    7.75%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    As a god fearing man, Phil was well within his right to say what he did. Agree with him on almost every aspect (even beasteality =/= homosexuality) there is NO hierarchy to sin. Sin is sin.

    At least, he stuck with his faith, religion and beliefs. Good for him!
    Myokem Athlete
    Psalms 62:1-62:2
  10. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    29,293
    Rep Power
    10752171
    Level
    120
    Lv. Percent
    65.86%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

    Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    As a god fearing man, Phil was well within his right to say what he did. Agree with him on almost every aspect (even beasteality =/= homosexuality) there is NO hierarchy to sin. Sin is sin.

    At least, he stuck with his faith, religion and beliefs. Good for him!
    i pray he doesn't back down!!! not 1 inch!!!
    IRONCHAMPUSA REP

    use code BIGTBOGO at http://www.ironchampusa.com/112.html
  11. Pro Virili Parte
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,075
    Rep Power
    2822843
    Level
    81
    Lv. Percent
    61.26%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Sigh... the irrationally never ceases to amaze me

    A private company suspended an employee for expressing an opinion which that company felt represented them in a negative light. More than likely the guy signed a contract with A&E which had a clause that says hes a representative of A&E and is expected to act accordingly. He violates the clause and A&E has a right to suspend him.

    What is really mind boggling is how people are making this a freedom of speech issue. A&E was justifiable in their actions and he really has no defense against them.
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  12. Professional Member
    fueledpassion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,715
    Rep Power
    719747
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    17.93%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Sigh... the irrationally never ceases to amaze me

    A private company suspended an employee for expressing an opinion which that company felt represented them in a negative light. More than likely the guy signed a contract with A&E which had a clause that says hes a representative of A&E and is expected to act accordingly. He violates the clause and A&E has a right to suspend him.

    What is really mind boggling is how people are making this a freedom of speech issue. A&E was justifiable in their actions and he really has no defense against them.
    If it's in the contract, then u r correct. If not, then everyone making it a freedom of speech issue is correct.

    But who cares? Everyone knows the world hates God, Christ and anything particularly Christian. So why should this surprise us? Its part of the Christian faith to be hated and discriminated against anyways. He spoke his opinion and belief while still offering dignity and respect. Theres nothing more we should expect from anyone, atheist and Christian alike.
  13. Pro Virili Parte
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,075
    Rep Power
    2822843
    Level
    81
    Lv. Percent
    61.26%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    If it's in the contract, then u r correct. If not, then everyone making it a freedom of speech issue is correct.
    The vast majority of public figure jobs have clauses such as this. Hell a majority of the jobs I have had they had it. But even if it wasnt in the contract then this is still not a freedom of speech issue. Freedom of speech protects you from legal prosecution. He faces no legal ramifications for what he said so there is no freedom of speech violation. People are confusing freedom of speech with the freedom to say whatever you want without ramifications for what was said from their peers or employers.
    If his contract did not have a clause for it then it is a legal issue not a freedom issue. Yes he has the freedom to say or believe whatever he wants but is not free from the consequences to what is said. He is only protected from government prosecuation and until he is thrown in jail for his beliefs then there is no freedom of speech violation.

    Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post

    But who cares? Everyone knows the world hates God, Christ and anything particularly Christian. So why should this surprise us? Its part of the Christian faith to be hated and discriminated against anyways. He spoke his opinion and belief while still offering dignity and respect. Theres nothing more we should expect from anyone, atheist and Christian alike.
    Not one jot or tittle of the law shall pass away until all is accomplished. That's what it is says in Mathew. The law isn't 10 commandments, it is 613. The law which says homosexuality is a sin calls for them to be killed for that sin and, with due respect, it calls for this guy to die because the products he is wearing on his show are made of mixed fibre.

    Its always fun watching people cherry pick scriptures
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  14. Professional Member
    fueledpassion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,715
    Rep Power
    719747
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    17.93%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post

    The vast majority of public figure jobs have clauses such as this. Hell a majority of the jobs I have had they had it. But even if it wasnt in the contract then this is still not a freedom of speech issue. Freedom of speech protects you from legal prosecution. He faces no legal ramifications for what he said so there is no freedom of speech violation. People are confusing freedom of speech with the freedom to say whatever you want without ramifications for what was said from their peers or employers.
    If his contract did not have a clause for it then it is a legal issue not a freedom issue. Yes he has the freedom to say or believe whatever he wants but is not free from the consequences to what is said. He is only protected from government prosecuation and until he is thrown in jail for his beliefs then there is no freedom of speech violation.
    Sounds good. And fair.
  15. Board Sponsor
    wicked442's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    6,341
    Rep Power
    1848215
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    17.59%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Didnt he make a comment about black people?
  16. Elite Member
    tyga tyga's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    7,415
    Rep Power
    3260145
    Level
    87
    Lv. Percent
    7.75%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    The vast majority of public figure jobs have clauses such as this. Hell a majority of the jobs I have had they had it. But even if it wasnt in the contract then this is still not a freedom of speech issue. Freedom of speech protects you from legal prosecution. He faces no legal ramifications for what he said so there is no freedom of speech violation. People are confusing freedom of speech with the freedom to say whatever you want without ramifications for what was said from their peers or employers. If his contract did not have a clause for it then it is a legal issue not a freedom issue. Yes he has the freedom to say or believe whatever he wants but is not free from the consequences to what is said. He is only protected from government prosecuation and until he is thrown in jail for his beliefs then there is no freedom of speech violation. Not one jot or tittle of the law shall pass away until all is accomplished. That's what it is says in Mathew. The law isn't 10 commandments, it is 613. The law which says homosexuality is a sin calls for them to be killed for that sin and, with due respect, it calls for this guy to die because the products he is wearing on his show are made of mixed fibre. Its always fun watching people cherry pick scriptures
    Old Testament. New Testament still condones homosexuality, when Christ was born, Old Testament fell to "the wayside" if you would. So, the mixed fibre deal.. Void. We eat shellfish, and things that crawl on the ground (snake, alligator..etcetera). We lust, but do we pull our eyes out or cut off our hand? No, we would remove ourself from the situation or block porn sites on the internet instead..

    Again, sin has no hierarchy sin is sin.

    ... Sorry for the rant...
    Myokem Athlete
    Psalms 62:1-62:2
  17. Professional Member
    fueledpassion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,715
    Rep Power
    719747
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    17.93%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post

    Old Testament. New Testament still condones homosexuality, when Christ was born, Old Testament fell to "the wayside" if you would. So, the mixed fibre deal.. Void. We eat shellfish, and things that crawl on the ground (snake, alligator..etcetera). We lust, but do we pull our eyes out or cut off our hand? No, we would remove ourself from the situation or block porn sites on the internet instead..

    Again, sin has no hierarchy sin is sin.

    ... Sorry for the rant...
    Its cool man. I think I may have something that would interest u in the coming weeks related to homosexuality and how to approach it in todays society as a Christian.
  18. Diamond Member
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,645
    Rep Power
    7726999
    Level
    99
    Lv. Percent
    97.36%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post

    Old Testament. New Testament still condones homosexuality, when Christ was born, Old Testament fell to "the wayside" if you would. So, the mixed fibre deal.. Void. We eat shellfish, and things that crawl on the ground (snake, alligator..etcetera). We lust, but do we pull our eyes out or cut off our hand? No, we would remove ourself from the situation or block porn sites on the internet instead..

    Again, sin has no hierarchy sin is sin.

    ... Sorry for the rant...
    So why even keep the old testament as part of the bible? If modern day Christians only follow the New Testament and the teachings of the Old Testament are no longer valid.
    Body Performance Solutions Representative

    Check out our products at www.bpsnutrition.net
    Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
  19. Pro Virili Parte
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,075
    Rep Power
    2822843
    Level
    81
    Lv. Percent
    61.26%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    Old Testament. New Testament still condones homosexuality, when Christ was born, Old Testament fell to "the wayside" if you would. So, the mixed fibre deal.. Void. We eat shellfish, and things that crawl on the ground (snake, alligator..etcetera). We lust, but do we pull our eyes out or cut off our hand? No, we would remove ourself from the situation or block porn sites on the internet instead..

    Again, sin has no hierarchy sin is sin.

    ... Sorry for the rant...
    Matthew 15:1-9
    1 Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked, 2 "Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? They don't wash their hands before they eat!" 3 Jesus replied, "And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? 4 For God said, 'Honor your father and mother' and 'Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death.' 5 But you say that if a man says to his father or mother, 'Whatever help you might otherwise have received from me is a gift devoted to God,' 6 he is not to 'honor his father' with it. Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. 7 You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you: 8 " 'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. 9 They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men.'"

    As you can see in verse 3, Jesus rebuked the Pharisees for breaking the Commands of GOD Almighty. He gives an example of this by referencing the cursing of parents' punishment as an example. Then he goes on to quote from the book of Isaiah in the Old Testament, to further prove that they are not following the Commands of GOD Almighty.

    What does this mean? It means that Jesus clearly had a problem with them not following the punishment of death for cursing the parents or any punishment of death that is commanded in the OT for this matter! In fact, Jesus himself said:

    "Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law (the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (the Old Testament) until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-18)"

    Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples:

    'The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat. So you must obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.' (Matthew 23:1-3)"

    Sorry but according to the bible old testament law should still be followed by Christians.

    Anyway none of this is here nor there. The discussion is the comments made by the duck dynasty guy and the actions taken by his employer.
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  20. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    29,293
    Rep Power
    10752171
    Level
    120
    Lv. Percent
    65.86%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

    [QUOTE=JudoJosh;4287708]The vast majority of public figure jobs have clauses such as this. Hell a majority of the jobs I have had they had it. But even if it wasnt in the contract then this is still not a freedom of speech issue. Freedom of speech protects you from legal prosecution. He faces no legal ramifications for what he said so there is no freedom of speech violation. People are confusing freedom of speech with the freedom to say whatever you want without ramifications for what was said from their peers or employers.
    If his contract did not have a clause for it then it is a legal issue not a freedom issue. Yes he has the freedom to say or believe whatever he wants but is not free from the consequences to what is said. He is only protected from government prosecuation and until he is thrown in jail for his beliefs then there is no freedom of speech violation.




    what i find fun to watch is how A and E underestimated how many americans share phils view.

    now that really is fun to watch
    IRONCHAMPUSA REP

    use code BIGTBOGO at http://www.ironchampusa.com/112.html
  21. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    29,293
    Rep Power
    10752171
    Level
    120
    Lv. Percent
    65.86%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Matthew 15:1-9
    1 Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked, 2 "Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? They don't wash their hands before they eat!" 3 Jesus replied, "And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? 4 For God said, 'Honor your father and mother' and 'Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death.' 5 But you say that if a man says to his father or mother, 'Whatever help you might otherwise have received from me is a gift devoted to God,' 6 he is not to 'honor his father' with it. Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. 7 You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you: 8 " 'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. 9 They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men.'"

    As you can see in verse 3, Jesus rebuked the Pharisees for breaking the Commands of GOD Almighty. He gives an example of this by referencing the cursing of parents' punishment as an example. Then he goes on to quote from the book of Isaiah in the Old Testament, to further prove that they are not following the Commands of GOD Almighty.

    What does this mean? It means that Jesus clearly had a problem with them not following the punishment of death for cursing the parents or any punishment of death that is commanded in the OT for this matter! In fact, Jesus himself said:

    "Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law (the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (the Old Testament) until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-18)"

    Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples:

    'The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat. So you must obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.' (Matthew 23:1-3)"

    Sorry but according to the bible old testament law should still be followed by Christians.

    Anyway none of this is here nor there. The discussion is the comments made by the duck dynasty guy and the actions taken by his employer.
    lol, homosexuals would have a lot more to worry about than a guy on a tv show saying being gay is bad if they were living under islamic law. islam still follows the old testament and 1st offense for homosexuality is a severe beating, repeated offenses and it's the death penalty...
    IRONCHAMPUSA REP

    use code BIGTBOGO at http://www.ironchampusa.com/112.html
  22. Pro Virili Parte
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,075
    Rep Power
    2822843
    Level
    81
    Lv. Percent
    61.26%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    You seem to think I favor Islam over Christianity for some reason.

    Also, I doubt you would find anyone who supports the stoning of homsexuals under islamic law and also opposes the view of homsexuality in the Christian faith. You keep referencing this mindset as common. I dont know in what fantasy world you are living in
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  23. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    29,293
    Rep Power
    10752171
    Level
    120
    Lv. Percent
    65.86%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    You seem to think I favor Islam over Christianity for some reason.

    Also, I doubt you would find anyone who supports the stoning of homsexuals under islamic law and also opposes the view of homsexuality in the Christian faith. You keep referencing this mindset as common. I dont know in what fantasy world you are living in
    your ego is way too inflated...earth to josh

    actually i could care less what if any your beliefs are.
    IRONCHAMPUSA REP

    use code BIGTBOGO at http://www.ironchampusa.com/112.html
  24. Professional Member
    fueledpassion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,715
    Rep Power
    719747
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    17.93%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post

    The vast majority of public figure jobs have clauses such as this. Hell a majority of the jobs I have had they had it. But even if it wasnt in the contract then this is still not a freedom of speech issue. Freedom of speech protects you from legal prosecution. He faces no legal ramifications for what he said so there is no freedom of speech violation. People are confusing freedom of speech with the freedom to say whatever you want without ramifications for what was said from their peers or employers.
    If his contract did not have a clause for it then it is a legal issue not a freedom issue. Yes he has the freedom to say or believe whatever he wants but is not free from the consequences to what is said. He is only protected from government prosecuation and until he is thrown in jail for his beliefs then there is no freedom of speech violation.

    Not one jot or tittle of the law shall pass away until all is accomplished. That's what it is says in Mathew. The law isn't 10 commandments, it is 613. The law which says homosexuality is a sin calls for them to be killed for that sin and, with due respect, it calls for this guy to die because the products he is wearing on his show are made of mixed fibre.

    Its always fun watching people cherry pick scriptures
    You need the Spirit in order to correctly understand the Scriptures. Do you have that?

    It doesnt seem. No one is cherry picking but it would take all night and a walk through of the entire Bible to explain such to a person like you.

    And its more than 613 laws. But the law OF GOD is only 10 which is summed up into two: Love God and love others. Does this mean that everything else is permissible? By no means!

    Read the book of Romans and leave the Christians alone, please. You have a problem with God's law then you hash it out with Him, not us.
  25. Senior Member
    Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,873
    Rep Power
    854641
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    48.14%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Matthew 15:1-9
    1 Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked, 2 "Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? They don't wash their hands before they eat!" 3 Jesus replied, "And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? 4 For God said, 'Honor your father and mother' and 'Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death.' 5 But you say that if a man says to his father or mother, 'Whatever help you might otherwise have received from me is a gift devoted to God,' 6 he is not to 'honor his father' with it. Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. 7 You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you: 8 " 'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. 9 They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men.'"

    As you can see in verse 3, Jesus rebuked the Pharisees for breaking the Commands of GOD Almighty. He gives an example of this by referencing the cursing of parents' punishment as an example. Then he goes on to quote from the book of Isaiah in the Old Testament, to further prove that they are not following the Commands of GOD Almighty.

    What does this mean? It means that Jesus clearly had a problem with them not following the punishment of death for cursing the parents or any punishment of death that is commanded in the OT for this matter! In fact, Jesus himself said:

    "Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law (the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (the Old Testament) until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-18)"

    Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples:

    'The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat. So you must obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.' (Matthew 23:1-3)"

    Sorry but according to the bible old testament law should still be followed by Christians.

    Anyway none of this is here nor there. The discussion is the comments made by the duck dynasty guy and the actions taken by his employer.
    Someone doesn't know his Christianity.

    Sorry, but thanks for playing anyway.

    You are 100% wrong.

    It would help to actually understand the relationship between the Old Testament and the New Testament, and the implications of the New Covenant.

    This is simply pathetic; truly abysmal.

    Regardless of my feeling about what Phil (whatever-his-last-name-is) said, he is entitled to respond to questions posed during a an interview that had nothing to do with A&E. Fearing backlash from the gay and lesbian community, because they might not like the truthful and bible-based opinions of another, A&E proved they were cowards and voluntarily carved in.

    Welcome to the new America. If you have an opinion that is not embraced by the liberal and so-called socially progressive movement, you will have your character assassinated, hateful allegations made against you and the new wussified I won't stand up for anything populace will roll over.
  26. Professional Member
    fueledpassion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,715
    Rep Power
    719747
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    17.93%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    "To be free from the law means that I am the living law of God, there is no independence of God in my makeup...."

    We live by the Law by the Grace of God thru Christ and empowered by the Holy Spirit. The point of Christ was not just to save us or justify us but also to sanctify us. So yes, we live by the 10 commandments but not by the Judaic law. Jesus himself broke the Judaic law and if that law were Holy then it would mean Jesus is not God nor perfect. But this isnt so because Judaic law just is silly religion created by sinful men.

    Dont confuse us followers of Christ with religious people because we arent. Religion to us to taking care of the sick, elderly, poor and orphans.

    Jesus didnt speak of homosexuality because it was irrelevant to his audience. Paul, on the other hand, delt with wealthy Westerners (much like us) that tended to sway more radically to the left when it came to sexual immorality. Therefore, you should read Paul's letters.

    But it also helps 1000% to be a Christian because without the knowledge of God you'll just be confused and foolish in ur effort to understand the secret wisdom in Christ.
  27. Pro Virili Parte
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,075
    Rep Power
    2822843
    Level
    81
    Lv. Percent
    61.26%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    your ego is way too inflated...earth to josh

    actually i could care less what if any your beliefs are.
    Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    You need the Spirit in order to correctly understand the Scriptures. Do you have that?

    It doesnt seem. No one is cherry picking but it would take all night and a walk through of the entire Bible to explain such to a person like you.

    And its more than 613 laws. But the law OF GOD is only 10 which is summed up into two: Love God and love others. Does this mean that everything else is permissible? By no means!

    Read the book of Romans and leave the Christians alone, please. You have a problem with God's law then you hash it out with Him, not us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Someone doesn't know his Christianity.

    Sorry, but thanks for playing anyway.

    You are 100% wrong.

    sigh... I dont know why I bother anymore. Not a single response of substance
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  28. Professional Member
    fueledpassion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,715
    Rep Power
    719747
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    17.93%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post

    Someone doesn't know his Christianity.

    Sorry, but thanks for playing anyway.

    You are 100% wrong.

    It would help to actually understand the relationship between the Old Testament and the New Testament, and the implications of the New Covenant.

    This is simply pathetic; truly abysmal.

    Regardless of my feeling about what Phil (whatever-his-last-name-is) said, he is entitled to respond to questions posed during a an interview that had nothing to do with A&E. Fearing backlash from the gay and lesbian community, because they might not like the truthful and bionically based opinions of another, A&E proved they were cowards and voluntarily carved in.

    Welcome to the new America. If you have an opinion that is not embraced by the liberal and so-called socially progressive movement, you will have your character assassinated, hateful allegations made against you and the new wussified I won't stand up for anything populace will roll over.
    Nice. I agree 100%
  29. Professional Member
    fueledpassion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,715
    Rep Power
    719747
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    17.93%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    sigh... I dont know why I bother anymore. Not a single response of substance
    Substance?

    Dude....

    You.
    Are.
    In.
    Denial.

    I'll sincerely be praying for you tonight.
  30. Senior Member
    Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,873
    Rep Power
    854641
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    48.14%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    sigh... I dont know why I bother anymore. Not a single response I would make any attempt to understand
    Fixed
  31. Pro Virili Parte
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,075
    Rep Power
    2822843
    Level
    81
    Lv. Percent
    61.26%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    We are getting off topic and I dont reeally want to get into a religious debate. From my experience it is always a dead end

    Instead lets get back on topic and try this

    Why shouldn't he have gotten suspended?

    Why shouldn't there be a public response to his beliefs?

    The foundation of his defense lies on those two beliefs. Please explain why you think he shouldnt have gotten suspended and why you think the public should ignore what he said.
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  32. Diamond Member
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,645
    Rep Power
    7726999
    Level
    99
    Lv. Percent
    97.36%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post



    Read the book of Romans and leave the Christians alone, please.
    He's voicing his opinion just like you're voicing yours, why are you allowed to voice your beliefs, yet he isn't allowed to voice his?


    You have a problem with God's law then you hash it out with Him, not us.
    And, how does one do that exactly? Will he answer me if I ask him why the old testament is no longer valid?
    Body Performance Solutions Representative

    Check out our products at www.bpsnutrition.net
    Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
  33. Professional Member
    fueledpassion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,715
    Rep Power
    719747
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    17.93%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

    He's voicing his opinion just like you're voicing yours, why are you allowed to voice your beliefs, yet he isn't allowed to voice his?

    And, how does one do that exactly? Will he answer me if I ask him why the old testament is no longer valid? Because he never answered me about more important **** than that.
    Helps to be a friend of God before u ask him for random things. Wouldnt you agree?

    He was murdering a faith, scripture and wisdom he doesnt understand. I was tryin to save him so confusion anyways. If he wants to keep talkin, let em talk. But he was talking to us like its us that have the problem with homosexuality. But it isnt exactly us. Its God!

    But for you, I'd suggest searching the Scripture in a fair way for your answer to approaching God. The beautitudes might be a place to start. Break it down. Read the Hebrew version, too. Understand how God esteems the prideful vs the humble and helpless.

    Also read Romans as I told Judo. Its a well-rounded book that explains it all really.

    Have a good night.
  34. Senior Member
    Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,873
    Rep Power
    854641
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    48.14%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    Helps to be a friend of God before u ask him for random things. Wouldnt you agree?

    He was murdering a faith, scripture and wisdom he doesnt understand. I was tryin to save him so confusion anyways. If he wants to keep talkin, let em talk. But he was talking to us like its us that have the problem with homosexuality. But it isnt exactly us. Its God!

    But for you, I'd suggest searching the Scripture in a fair way for your answer to approaching God. The beautitudes might be a place to start. Break it down. Read the Hebrew version, too. Understand how God esteems the prideful vs the humble and helpless.

    Also read Romans as I told Judo. Its a well-rounded book that explains it all really.

    Have a good night.
    I appreciate your response and the love it was provided with.
  35. New Member
    l1fterp1nk's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    8.27%

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    We are getting off topic and I dont reeally want to get into a religious debate. From my experience it is always a dead end Instead lets get back on topic and try this Why shouldn't he have gotten suspended? Why shouldn't there be a public response to his beliefs? The foundation of his defense lies on those two beliefs. Please explain why you think he shouldnt have gotten suspended and why you think the public should ignore what he said.
    I'm just curious as to what your beliefs are? Not to attempt to argue them, because likely many of you are much smarter than me! Just curious.
  36. Diamond Member
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,645
    Rep Power
    7726999
    Level
    99
    Lv. Percent
    97.36%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post

    Helps to be a friend of God before u ask him for random things. Wouldnt you agree?
    I don't agree, I don't believe he will answer anything that is asked of him....ever.


    He was murdering a faith, scripture and wisdom he doesnt understand. I was tryin to save him so confusion anyways. If he wants to keep talkin, let em talk. But he was talking to us like its us that have the problem with homosexuality. But it isnt exactly us. Its God!
    He was quoting scripture. Quoting it, how do you murder a quote, exactly? If you don't agree with certain parts of the bible in favor of other parts, then by all means do that, but don't get offended when someone points it out.

    But for you, I'd suggest searching the Scripture in a fair way for your answer to approaching God. The beautitudes might be a place to start. Break it down. Read the Hebrew version, too. Understand how God esteems the prideful vs the humble and helpless.

    Also read Romans as I told Judo. Its a well-rounded book that explains it all really.

    Have a good night.
    That will never happen. I've read it before, on more than one occasion and will not be wasting my time looking for answers that do not exist.
    Body Performance Solutions Representative

    Check out our products at www.bpsnutrition.net
    Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
  37. Diamond Member
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,645
    Rep Power
    7726999
    Level
    99
    Lv. Percent
    97.36%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Guy quotes Jesus stating (in the bible) that all the laws of the Old Testament are to be followed by Christians.


    Christians tell him he's wrong because he doesn't "have the spirit" which obviously means he doesn't understand how to read.


    Makes sense.
    Body Performance Solutions Representative

    Check out our products at www.bpsnutrition.net
    Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
  38. Professional Member
    drewsicle3210's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,929
    Rep Power
    2870706
    Level
    75
    Lv. Percent
    2.33%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting Pro

    This thread has lost traction.


    Never, ever, ever, ever argue politics, Religion, or supplements. Never ends well
  39. Elite Member
    tyga tyga's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    7,415
    Rep Power
    3260145
    Level
    87
    Lv. Percent
    7.75%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    I'd love to debate scripture, truth is, each denomination interprets the bible different. Scholars teach there classrooms and study the scripture different. So, this will end in NO good way.

    On another note; Jim could you ride jj's jock any harder? It's funny to watch you float through threads riding a select fews coat tails (some who carry an elitist attitude) and pretend they are the end all to ANY conversation.
    Myokem Athlete
    Psalms 62:1-62:2
  40. Diamond Member
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,645
    Rep Power
    7726999
    Level
    99
    Lv. Percent
    97.36%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    I'd love to debate scripture, truth is, each denomination interprets the bible different. Scholars teach there classrooms and study the scripture different. So, this will end in NO good way.

    On another note; Jim could you ride jj's jock any harder? It's funny to watch you float through threads riding a select fews coat tails (some who carry an elitist attitude) and pretend they are the end all to ANY conversation.
    It's funny to watch me agree with logical arguments instead of agreeing with the "you don't understand it because you don't have the holy spirit." opinion?


    Cool story.


    I agree with logic, if it makes sense logically, then I agree with it. Josh's argument makes sense, so I agree with it.


    Although, it's cute that you tried to turn a discussion about opposing views on a religion into a personal jab at someone with a differing opinion than your own. Especially considering there have been a great number of times that I have disagreed with members (Josh, Rodja, etc.) on one topic, and argued my opposing point, and different times when I have agreed with these same people and shared that opinion as well.
    Body Performance Solutions Representative

    Check out our products at www.bpsnutrition.net
    Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Choosing AMS for my first cycle
    By ECUKingbuddy in forum Advanced Muscle Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-18-2009, 10:25 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-23-2009, 05:56 AM
  3. Am: Potential For Tv Exposure.
    By JWest0926 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-12-2003, 01:50 PM
  4. I am trying out a NO2 hombrew for kicks!
    By windwords7 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04-13-2003, 12:50 PM
  5. eye check for AM
    By inertia in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-10-2003, 08:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in