i am for phil

Page 2 of 42 First 1234 ... Last

  1. "To be free from the law means that I am the living law of God, there is no independence of God in my makeup...."

    We live by the Law by the Grace of God thru Christ and empowered by the Holy Spirit. The point of Christ was not just to save us or justify us but also to sanctify us. So yes, we live by the 10 commandments but not by the Judaic law. Jesus himself broke the Judaic law and if that law were Holy then it would mean Jesus is not God nor perfect. But this isnt so because Judaic law just is silly religion created by sinful men.

    Dont confuse us followers of Christ with religious people because we arent. Religion to us to taking care of the sick, elderly, poor and orphans.

    Jesus didnt speak of homosexuality because it was irrelevant to his audience. Paul, on the other hand, delt with wealthy Westerners (much like us) that tended to sway more radically to the left when it came to sexual immorality. Therefore, you should read Paul's letters.

    But it also helps 1000% to be a Christian because without the knowledge of God you'll just be confused and foolish in ur effort to understand the secret wisdom in Christ.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    your ego is way too inflated...earth to josh

    actually i could care less what if any your beliefs are.
    Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    You need the Spirit in order to correctly understand the Scriptures. Do you have that?

    It doesnt seem. No one is cherry picking but it would take all night and a walk through of the entire Bible to explain such to a person like you.

    And its more than 613 laws. But the law OF GOD is only 10 which is summed up into two: Love God and love others. Does this mean that everything else is permissible? By no means!

    Read the book of Romans and leave the Christians alone, please. You have a problem with God's law then you hash it out with Him, not us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Someone doesn't know his Christianity.

    Sorry, but thanks for playing anyway.

    You are 100% wrong.

    sigh... I dont know why I bother anymore. Not a single response of substance
    PESCIENCE.COM

    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post

    Someone doesn't know his Christianity.

    Sorry, but thanks for playing anyway.

    You are 100% wrong.

    It would help to actually understand the relationship between the Old Testament and the New Testament, and the implications of the New Covenant.

    This is simply pathetic; truly abysmal.

    Regardless of my feeling about what Phil (whatever-his-last-name-is) said, he is entitled to respond to questions posed during a an interview that had nothing to do with A&E. Fearing backlash from the gay and lesbian community, because they might not like the truthful and bionically based opinions of another, A&E proved they were cowards and voluntarily carved in.

    Welcome to the new America. If you have an opinion that is not embraced by the liberal and so-called socially progressive movement, you will have your character assassinated, hateful allegations made against you and the new wussified I won't stand up for anything populace will roll over.
    Nice. I agree 100%

  4. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    sigh... I dont know why I bother anymore. Not a single response of substance
    Substance?

    Dude....

    You.
    Are.
    In.
    Denial.

    I'll sincerely be praying for you tonight.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    sigh... I dont know why I bother anymore. Not a single response I would make any attempt to understand
    Fixed
    •   
       


  6. We are getting off topic and I dont reeally want to get into a religious debate. From my experience it is always a dead end

    Instead lets get back on topic and try this

    Why shouldn't he have gotten suspended?

    Why shouldn't there be a public response to his beliefs?

    The foundation of his defense lies on those two beliefs. Please explain why you think he shouldnt have gotten suspended and why you think the public should ignore what he said.
    PESCIENCE.COM

    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  7. Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post



    Read the book of Romans and leave the Christians alone, please.
    He's voicing his opinion just like you're voicing yours, why are you allowed to voice your beliefs, yet he isn't allowed to voice his?


    You have a problem with God's law then you hash it out with Him, not us.
    And, how does one do that exactly? Will he answer me if I ask him why the old testament is no longer valid?

  8. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

    He's voicing his opinion just like you're voicing yours, why are you allowed to voice your beliefs, yet he isn't allowed to voice his?

    And, how does one do that exactly? Will he answer me if I ask him why the old testament is no longer valid? Because he never answered me about more important **** than that.
    Helps to be a friend of God before u ask him for random things. Wouldnt you agree?

    He was murdering a faith, scripture and wisdom he doesnt understand. I was tryin to save him so confusion anyways. If he wants to keep talkin, let em talk. But he was talking to us like its us that have the problem with homosexuality. But it isnt exactly us. Its God!

    But for you, I'd suggest searching the Scripture in a fair way for your answer to approaching God. The beautitudes might be a place to start. Break it down. Read the Hebrew version, too. Understand how God esteems the prideful vs the humble and helpless.

    Also read Romans as I told Judo. Its a well-rounded book that explains it all really.

    Have a good night.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    Helps to be a friend of God before u ask him for random things. Wouldnt you agree?

    He was murdering a faith, scripture and wisdom he doesnt understand. I was tryin to save him so confusion anyways. If he wants to keep talkin, let em talk. But he was talking to us like its us that have the problem with homosexuality. But it isnt exactly us. Its God!

    But for you, I'd suggest searching the Scripture in a fair way for your answer to approaching God. The beautitudes might be a place to start. Break it down. Read the Hebrew version, too. Understand how God esteems the prideful vs the humble and helpless.

    Also read Romans as I told Judo. Its a well-rounded book that explains it all really.

    Have a good night.
    I appreciate your response and the love it was provided with.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    We are getting off topic and I dont reeally want to get into a religious debate. From my experience it is always a dead end Instead lets get back on topic and try this Why shouldn't he have gotten suspended? Why shouldn't there be a public response to his beliefs? The foundation of his defense lies on those two beliefs. Please explain why you think he shouldnt have gotten suspended and why you think the public should ignore what he said.
    I'm just curious as to what your beliefs are? Not to attempt to argue them, because likely many of you are much smarter than me! Just curious.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post

    Helps to be a friend of God before u ask him for random things. Wouldnt you agree?
    I don't agree, I don't believe he will answer anything that is asked of him....ever.


    He was murdering a faith, scripture and wisdom he doesnt understand. I was tryin to save him so confusion anyways. If he wants to keep talkin, let em talk. But he was talking to us like its us that have the problem with homosexuality. But it isnt exactly us. Its God!
    He was quoting scripture. Quoting it, how do you murder a quote, exactly? If you don't agree with certain parts of the bible in favor of other parts, then by all means do that, but don't get offended when someone points it out.

    But for you, I'd suggest searching the Scripture in a fair way for your answer to approaching God. The beautitudes might be a place to start. Break it down. Read the Hebrew version, too. Understand how God esteems the prideful vs the humble and helpless.

    Also read Romans as I told Judo. Its a well-rounded book that explains it all really.

    Have a good night.
    That will never happen. I've read it before, on more than one occasion and will not be wasting my time looking for answers that do not exist.

  12. Guy quotes Jesus stating (in the bible) that all the laws of the Old Testament are to be followed by Christians.


    Christians tell him he's wrong because he doesn't "have the spirit" which obviously means he doesn't understand how to read.


    Makes sense.

  13. This thread has lost traction.


    Never, ever, ever, ever argue politics, Religion, or supplements. Never ends well

  14. I'd love to debate scripture, truth is, each denomination interprets the bible different. Scholars teach there classrooms and study the scripture different. So, this will end in NO good way.

    On another note; Jim could you ride jj's jock any harder? It's funny to watch you float through threads riding a select fews coat tails (some who carry an elitist attitude) and pretend they are the end all to ANY conversation.
    Psalms 62:1-62:2

  15. Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    I'd love to debate scripture, truth is, each denomination interprets the bible different. Scholars teach there classrooms and study the scripture different. So, this will end in NO good way.

    On another note; Jim could you ride jj's jock any harder? It's funny to watch you float through threads riding a select fews coat tails (some who carry an elitist attitude) and pretend they are the end all to ANY conversation.
    It's funny to watch me agree with logical arguments instead of agreeing with the "you don't understand it because you don't have the holy spirit." opinion?


    Cool story.


    I agree with logic, if it makes sense logically, then I agree with it. Josh's argument makes sense, so I agree with it.


    Although, it's cute that you tried to turn a discussion about opposing views on a religion into a personal jab at someone with a differing opinion than your own. Especially considering there have been a great number of times that I have disagreed with members (Josh, Rodja, etc.) on one topic, and argued my opposing point, and different times when I have agreed with these same people and shared that opinion as well.

  16. Edit: I'm not getting into a religious debate.

  17. In 4 noods

  18. End well this will not...

  19. Sigh at many of these posts... Very well handled Josh. The suspension makes complete sense. It's quite obvious most in here have no clue. There is no violation of rights by a&e period only a violation of contract which led to consequences.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience

  20. Phill just expressed his opinion, that's all...If you disagree with him, express yours...
    I believe most people are essentially good. I know that I am. It's you I'm not entirely sure of.
    ― Stephen King.

  21. This looks like a come to jesus meeting thread now. Why is it that there are so many versions of religious belief, even within the same denomination? These "rules" to live by have been written and re-written by people who want followers to believe there word is the way,and to act and do a certain way. If you want to take the bible word for word,and it gives you comfort,then more power to you. I think you are ignorant for following any book of rules that has been changed so many times just to fit the needs of others.

  22. Being a Christian is fine (BTW, when did Christians start to act like they're such victims of discrimination), but using it as a veil for hate speech is not.

    If people want to shift it to a free speech issue, where was this kind of support for Reilly Cooper just a few months ago?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  23. Quote Originally Posted by wicked442 View Post
    This looks like a come to jesus meeting thread now. Why is it that there are so many versions of religious belief, even within the same denomination? These "rules" to live by have been written and re-written by people who want followers to believe there word is the way,and to act and do a certain way. If you want to take the bible word for word,and it gives you comfort,then more power to you. I think you are ignorant for following any book of rules that has been changed so many times just to fit the needs of others.
    The bible was originally written in Hebrew, Aramaic and greek. A lot of letters, scripture and writings had to be TRANSLATED, reason for the rewriting of text. Some of the Greek letters we had no clue what it translated to. So, as more scholars pop up, study and find new meaning to these words, letters and symbols... Therefore text, again, is "re written" (actually re worded to be more accurate).

    Nobodies ignorant for there belief, you just do not know the history of the bible.
    Psalms 62:1-62:2

  24. Quote Originally Posted by wicked442 View Post
    This looks like a come to jesus meeting thread now. Why is it that there are so many versions of religious belief, even within the same denomination? These "rules" to live by have been written and re-written by people who want followers to believe there word is the way,and to act and do a certain way. If you want to take the bible word for word,and it gives you comfort,then more power to you. I think you are ignorant for following any book of rules that has been changed so many times just to fit the needs of others.
    Wicked,

    Against my better judgement, I'll reply (and that is not a slight of you, more an admission that I am sure to get a lot of replies that I do not want to have to endure):

    1. It probably sounds like a religious revival for a few reasons. My issue is really limited to my personal dislike for selective re-interpretation of scripture. So, my response to the silly allegation that the OT and NT are to be equally valid in light of the New Covenant was to point out that someone does not know what they are talking about -- because that is simply not an accurate statement or allegation.
    2. Anyone can take a statement out of context and interpret or use it to conclude something that was never the intended meaning. I think it is OK to object to that, no different than if someone said you can inject test every day and it would have no impact on your HPTA. I take the Bible seriously; although I acknowledge other may not - and I accept that.
    3. My reply was not evangelism - but only a reply to something that was categorically incorrect.
    4. You are correct, there are denominations that have taken the inerrant Word of God and interpreted it in the modern context. Rather than call that Christianity, I believe it would be better labelled as Moral Relativism. For that very reason, I go to the most Bible based Church I can find. I do not want a bunch of silly mis-interpretations to take me away from the true essence of the Word.
    5. If Phil's comments would have been pro-homosexual, pro-abortion or pro-drug use, he would not have been put on hiatus. That is part of the issue, not that he can't have and espouse his opinions, but that only certain of those opinions will result in sanctions against the individual.

    As to Rodja's comment, I think we are on the cusp of finding ourselves in a society that is/will become hostile towards those that believe the Bible. Most have no idea where the concept of freedom of religion came from, nor do they understand that "freedom of" and "freedom from" are not the same.

    Some of that has happened, for instance in Canada - in which certain Biblical concepts may not be openly preached (in the church) because they are considered hate crimes.

    OK, I probably was stupid to take this up on this forum, but I do some stupid things every day.

    I do not wish to convert anyone on this forum, nor do I wish to "punish" anyone who does not share my views.

    Nonetheless, I feel a certain upset when people mis-interpret Biblical text, and not out of ignorance of that text, but with the intention of helping others draw an erroneous conclusion. My experience is that most who do so, have never regularly read the Bible, but somehow feel free to conclude what it says and means. If I flip open a few pages of a Chilton Auto Repair manual and read a few words, that alone does not make me qualified to diagnose engine problems.

    Lastly, as to the issue that Phil spoke about, every major religion in the world holds this same view on this same issue. For that reason, I do not understand the relevance of comparing Christianity vs other religious beliefs. Every religion denounces the behavior Phil spoke about. And note, Phil spoke as an individual, not as a theologian. Incidentally, some religions are FAR more drastic in their views on that behavior than Christianity.

    No more from me on this thread.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    The bible was originally written in Hebrew, Aramaic and greek. A lot of letters, scripture and writings had to be TRANSLATED, reason for the rewriting of text. Some of the Greek letters we had no clue what it translated to. So, as more scholars pop up, study and find new meaning to these words, letters and symbols... Therefore text, again, is "re written" (actually re worded to be more accurate). Nobodies ignorant for there belief, you just do not know the history of the bible.
    If you live by how 1 person tells you to without question thats makes you very much a sheep. Imo. You cant tell me that not one person in history hasnt spoke "the word of god" just to make others believe and fall in line. There are so many religions and believes,but let me guess, yours is the right one. No offense personaly tyga.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-23-2009, 04:56 AM
  2. Am: Potential For Tv Exposure.
    By JWest0926 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-12-2003, 12:50 PM
  3. I am trying out a NO2 hombrew for kicks!
    By windwords7 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04-13-2003, 11:50 AM
  4. eye check for AM
    By inertia in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-10-2003, 07:34 AM
Log in
Log in