Dating A Client...

  1. Senior Member
    BLaQz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,210
    Rep Power
    143160
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    99.18%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Dating A Client...


    I'm weighing out the pros & cons of dating a client...

    What are your opinions?

  2. Elite Member
    edje007's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Age
    34
    Posts
    6,009
    Rep Power
    2614755
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    4.2%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Hey bro.....what's up.

    Most relationships start at work. It happens....I say, just do it... (you're a gentleman so you'll be alright if it doesn't work out)
    Olympus labs Rep
    Olympus Labs, a line of products that will turn men into demigods.
    visit us at: olympus-labs.com
  3. Senior Member
    OnionKnight's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,384
    Rep Power
    466003
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    19.53%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    as a trainer? could get in trouble with conflict of interest bull**** if you dont own the gym or business. id say just date her and train for free as a friend
    •   
       

  4. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    24,323
    Rep Power
    1885550
    Level
    97
    Lv. Percent
    1.95%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Don't do it.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

  5. Senior Member
    BLaQz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,210
    Rep Power
    143160
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    99.18%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by edje007 View Post
    Hey bro.....what's up.

    Most relationships start at work. It happens....I say, just do it... (you're a gentleman so you'll be alright if it doesn't work out)
    What's up man?
    I'll be alright if it doesn't work out, but will she? That's the type of **** I'm taking into account because we have a great professional relationship we have built, with results we have achieved together... I wouldn't want to hinder her results...
  6. Senior Member
    BLaQz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,210
    Rep Power
    143160
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    99.18%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post
    as a trainer? could get in trouble with conflict of interest bull**** if you dont own the gym or business. id say just date her and train for free as a friend
    I like where your heads at... I was thinking the same thing...
  7. Senior Member
    BLaQz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,210
    Rep Power
    143160
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    99.18%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Dan View Post
    Don't dip your pen in company ink.
    If it makes a difference, I work at this gym, not for the gym...
  8. Senior Member
    BLaQz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,210
    Rep Power
    143160
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    99.18%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Don't do it.
    Why?
  9. Professional Member
    napalm's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    51
    Posts
    4,369
    Rep Power
    542413
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    45.6%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by BLaQz View Post
    Why?
    Other than the fact it's completely unprofessional?
  10. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    24,323
    Rep Power
    1885550
    Level
    97
    Lv. Percent
    1.95%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Unprofessional and unethical.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

  11. Diamond Member
    bdcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,849
    Rep Power
    10742919
    Level
    116
    Lv. Percent
    46.85%
    Achievements Activity GodActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity Royalty

    Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    Other than the fact it's completely unprofessional?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Unprofessional and unethical.
    These ^.

    A client of mine told me she thought she loved me. I ceased training her immediately.

    If you value your reputation, you won't do it.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  12. Senior Member
    Touey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,870
    Rep Power
    3316846
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    44.66%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post

    A client of mine told me she thought she loved me. I ceased training her immediately.
    every one love the bdcc
    "To your wife you should kiss try today"-Touey

    Brotato's bark brings shakes to the pups in the yard
  13. Senior Member
    BLaQz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,210
    Rep Power
    143160
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    99.18%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    A client of mine told me she thought she loved me.
    That must've been awkward...
  14. Senior Member
    BLaQz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,210
    Rep Power
    143160
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    99.18%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Appreciate the feedback... If or when the day comes that my professional services are no longer needed, I will assess the situation between us & act accordingly...

    Reputation is important to me, so I'm going to be keeping it professional...
  15. Elite Member
    Tomahawk88's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,004
    Rep Power
    629273
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    37.46%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    If it turns badly could hurt your reputation.
  16. Elite Member
    McCrew530's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Age
    28
    Posts
    7,721
    Rep Power
    6062409
    Level
    98
    Lv. Percent
    20.87%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    If it turns badly could hurt your reputation.
    Big time! nothing is bad when things are going good but like they say hell hath no wrath like a woman’s furry!
    SNS REP
    Hit me up with any questions any time.
  17. Senior Member
    BLaQz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,210
    Rep Power
    143160
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    99.18%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I won't do it, but god damn I want to!
  18. New Member
    MrsMincey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    20
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    44.33%

    I think depends on what you want out of it. Is it only a physical connection? I married my trainer. 2 kids and 7 years later we couldn't be happier. Never say never! Good luck
  19. Professional Member
    EatMoar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,277
    Rep Power
    1693275
    Level
    65
    Lv. Percent
    43.59%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post

    These ^.

    A client of mine told me she thought she loved me. I ceased training her immediately.

    If you value your reputation, you won't do it.
    Bdcc.... I think I love you.... For free alphamine!
  20. Professional Member
    Gutterpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    37
    Posts
    4,099
    Rep Power
    375339
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    36.63%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by BLaQz View Post
    I won't do it, but god damn I want to!

    Go with your gut, don't let people tell you what to do. If you really like her - and you feel like she's completely sane (most important part), then date her.

    I don't know who's ethics dictate that you shouldn't date people from work. It has nothing to do with ethics. People meet in the workplace constantly since it's where we spend most of our time. It's not like you're a teacher dating a much younger vulnerable student. It's very different.

    I've dated a few girls from work. Most of the time it's been fine, even after breakups. The only part that's really tough is moving on, if they are always around. We were constantly hooking up after and it made it super hard to move on to someone else.
  21. Senior Member
    BLaQz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,210
    Rep Power
    143160
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    99.18%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post

    Go with your gut, don't let people tell you what to do. If you really like her - and you feel like she's completely sane (most important part), then date her.

    I don't know who's ethics dictate that you shouldn't date people from work. It has nothing to do with ethics. People meet in the workplace constantly since it's where we spend most of our time. It's not like you're a teacher dating a much younger vulnerable student. It's very different.

    I've dated a few girls from work. Most of the time it's been fine, even after breakups. The only part that's really tough is moving on, if they are always around. We were constantly hooking up after and it made it super hard to move on to someone else.
    In the end, I'll do what I feel like doing... Sometimes it's a good idea to get outside opinions on things you are so close to... If it gets to a point where I just can't help myself, I'll go for it... It would be ideal if for some reason she had to cease training with me...
  22. Senior Member
    BLaQz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,210
    Rep Power
    143160
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    99.18%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by MrsMincey View Post
    I think depends on what you want out of it. Is it only a physical connection? I married my trainer. 2 kids and 7 years later we couldn't be happier. Never say never! Good luck
    How did you end up dating? If you don't mind saying, or just PM me...
  23. New Member
    MrsMincey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    20
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    44.33%

    We trained for two years. He had a girlfriend and I respected that. We became friends training twice a week. His relationship was not good and I was someone he felt he could vent to. His relationship eventually ended. He would come by my house on Fridays and I would pay him. We eventually gave in and started dating. I was the first client he had ever dated. We did not tell anyone for quite awhile for obvious professional reasons.. Hope that helps!
  24. New Member
    MrsMincey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    20
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    44.33%

    One more thing. Be sure she is a trusting person. It takes a special and confident girl to date a guy that works with beautiful women all day. Otherwise it will never work.
  25. Senior Member
    BLaQz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,210
    Rep Power
    143160
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    99.18%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by MrsMincey View Post
    We trained for two years. He had a girlfriend and I respected that. We became friends training twice a week. His relationship was not good and I was someone he felt he could vent to. His relationship eventually ended. He would come by my house on Fridays and I would pay him. We eventually gave in and started dating. I was the first client he had ever dated. We did not tell anyone for quite awhile for obvious professional reasons.. Hope that helps!
    You can get pretty close & personal with clients over time... Like Gutterpump said, it's not really a student/teacher type of situation... Just have to be 100% sure of what the signs are to avoid any awkward misunderstandings...
  26. Senior Member
    BLaQz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,210
    Rep Power
    143160
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    99.18%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by MrsMincey View Post
    One more thing. Be sure she is a trusting person. It takes a special and confident girl to date a guy that works with beautiful women all day. Otherwise it will never work.
    I wouldn't go for any other type... I don't deal with insecure people very well...
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. trust expiration dates?
    By wildcat24 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-18-2003, 03:32 PM
  2. My date of birth!
    By Rhinoman in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-22-2002, 12:36 AM
  3. ripped fuel Exp. date
    By Clintdogg in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-15-2002, 06:42 PM
  4. EXpiration Date for Fina ???
    By SteveDFW in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-09-2002, 01:29 PM
  5. Dating question...would you...?
    By bigbadboss101 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-06-2002, 11:59 AM
Log in
Log in