Headphones and Earbuds..

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
k I have gone through about every pair from $20-80 I can find in local stores. Not one pair lasted longer then 3 months, maybe I am too rough on them or something but I really do not do much to them I just sweat a lot when I lift and do cardio. Any suggestions on what to try next guys?

I have been considering these "Shure SE215" Shure Americas | SE215 Sound Isolating but im not sure I want to drop 100 on another pair that wont last 3 months again :/

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bluetooth speakers might help, they're a little thicker typically and no wire that can get all twisted and screwed up.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have a pair of Jaybird Bluebuds that I've grown to love. They're durable, the sound is unmatched by any other pair of bt headphones I've had, and the charge lasts forever.

JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black
http://amzn.com/B00AIRUOI8

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
I dropped mine in the toilet a few weeks ago

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
I have a pair of Jaybird Bluebuds that I've grown to love. They're durable, the sound is unmatched by any other pair of bt headphones I've had, and the charge lasts forever.

JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black
http://amzn.com/B00AIRUOI8
I have been looking at this pair as an option I just keep hearing about short battery life with the Bluetooth sets. And I use mine all day long between work and gym. How long does the charge last you?

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have the monster DNA's they're legit. Better than the beats IMO. I've also had them for over 6 months easily and they are still like brand new. I'm also incredibly hard on headphones

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have the monster DNA's they're legit. Better than the beats IMO. I've also had them for over 6 months easily and they are still like brand new. I'm also incredibly hard on headphones
$100-200 headphones?!

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
$100-200 headphones?!
Check out gov x . Com we (military, fire, ems, police) get discounts on there. I got mine for 80 originally 199. All you have to do is validate your ako

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
$100-200 headphones?!
I had to get them for studying in noisy spots. I use them for running and the gym now also they sound amazing. I'm an audiophile. Plus, if I don't think I'm worth 200 dollar headphones who will?! ;)

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I buy the $10 earbuds from Walmart and haven't given me a problem

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have been looking at this pair as an option I just keep hearing about short battery life with the Bluetooth sets. And I use mine all day long between work and gym. How long does the charge last you?
A full charge lasts me about 10 hours.

$100-200 headphones?!
Mine were $166, and worth every penny for me. Fighting with cords, dealing with sweat malfunction, or being able to hear ANYTHING outside of my music is of great annoyance to my intolerant ass.

Money well spent for me.

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
Sennheiser Sport Earbuds... They're waterproof...

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
I've broken many... My longest lasting (>1 year so far) is JLab j4. Kevlar coated flat wires. They are ear buds so not sure if that's your style or not. Got my wife a pair also and it takes a lot for me to endorse a product. These have proven. PS. $40

But I always get a kick out of seeing dudes with full size Beats working out....

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i used to go with skullcandy's but the quality is terrible and they last a month or so...then i had beats by dre buds...they broke and i sent them back , the second pair also broke but i was buying a house at the time and i didn't send them back in time to get another replacement

now i've just been using a pair of $50 sony's, they are ok but the beats were the best, the flat wire and the fact that they will replace them if they break is awesome

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i used to go with skullcandy's but the quality is terrible and they last a month or so...then i had beats by dre buds...they broke and i sent them back , the second pair also broke but i was buying a house at the time and i didn't send them back in time to get another replacement

now i've just been using a pair of $50 sony's, they are ok but the beats were the best, the flat wire and the fact that they will replace them if they break is awesome
Skull candy headphones ****ing suck

robmm

robmm

Awards
I have a $25 pair of JVC buds, lasted over a year, and I am very hard on earphones, decent sound too

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The iPhone 5/5s in ear head buds are great. Better then in ear beats by dre and compare to in ear Bose IMO.

supermanjow

supermanjow

Awards
  • Established
Sol Republic are good quality, excellent sound, a year warranty that they actually stand behind, and stay in the ears really well. They are my new favorite.

tcslick

tcslick

Awards
k I have gone through about every pair from $20-80 I can find in local stores. Not one pair lasted longer then 3 months, maybe I am too rough on them or something but I really do not do much to them I just sweat a lot when I lift and do cardio. Any suggestions on what to try next guys?

I have been considering these "Shure SE215" Shure Americas | SE215 Sound Isolating but im not sure I want to drop 100 on another pair that wont last 3 months again :/
If you want some nice ones that last check out Sony Sport. They have really good reviews. But I'm the same my earbuds only last 2 months tops. My ears get too sweaty and it ruins them

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
i have the dre powerbeats, they're expensive but i love them. i used to use some crappy skull candy buds and they worked pretty well

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
recently picked up a few pair from monoprice.com, they are like $7 a pair and a bit chunky but they are similar sound quality to beats....perfect for the gym

supermanjow

supermanjow

Awards
  • Established
You still got raped. Beats by Dre are nothing more than expensive plastic jewelry. Even at $50 there are many that blow beats out of the water in terms of build and sound quality.

4324downs

Awards
Skull candy isn't the best compared to others but I have a pair I bought from tj maxx for 30 bucks, they are over the ears, and 2.5 years later still work like new

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I got a pair of Beats be Dr at no more rack for $49 last week
those look like what i had, keep the receipt, they are usually pretty good with returns...but it's a hassel to find all the information in order to do the return, i went threw 2 pairs within a year

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
those look like what i had, keep the receipt, they are usually pretty good with returns...but it's a hassel to find all the information in order to do the return, i went threw 2 pairs within a year
I bought the warranty from Square Trade

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
I buy the $20 Sony ones. Not the greatest sound quality, but really durable. ran them over once, left outside in a snowbank once, and have been through the wash 2x so far. Still work just fine! I've had them little over a year.

ion26

ion26

Awards
  • Established
You still got raped. Beats by Dre are nothing more than expensive plastic jewelry. Even at $50 there are many that blow beats out of the water in terms of build and sound quality.
Nobody buys beats for their sound. They look cool, come in cool colors, and you can match them to your gym outfit.

tjbruno

tjbruno

Awards
i had the powerbeats and they only lasted like 6 months.

I bought a 20 dollar bluetooth pair of chinese earbuds I've had for a while now, totally worth it

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you wear betas the the gym I will laugh at you, and your horrible physique.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nobody buys beats for their sound. They look cool, come in cool colors, and you can match them to your gym outfit.

i bought them because they were $5 with my phone...and i'd also much rather support dr dre than mr sony or mr panosonic thats for damn sure

ion26

ion26

Awards
  • Established
i bought them because they were $5 with my phone...and i'd also much rather support dr dre than mr sony or mr panosonic thats for damn sure
I wasn't being sarcastic haha. I love beats.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wasn't being sarcastic haha. I love beats.
but i liked the sound? especially in my phone that has the beats built in....then again i had the ear buds and not the dj style, i couldn't use the dj style unless i had the studio ones, the small version doesn't work for me

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
i tried the studio beats in the gym for a few weeks. they made my ears way too hot. those things are like insulated earmuffs, but they do sound awesome.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
GreenMachineX General Chat 11
Training Forum 1
General Chat 4
Sarveshspace Training Forum 9
glosss General Chat 14