What if?????

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
What if someone you were seeing, called you by his ex's name, 3 times since you had been dating him????? I personally think it means he isent over the ex and wants to be back with her.......

This happened to my friend i teach with and she wont belive me, yet is mad at him everytime he does it.......and wont tell him he is doing it.......LOL games I tell ya....this is why i don't date :blink:

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dump him/her.

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Was it a long relationship? It may just be an old habit if this person was saying that name for years. Not a good excuse, but I could see it happening. :frustrate

dd

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Was it a long relationship? It may just be an old habit if this person was saying that name for years. Not a good excuse, but I could see it happening. :frustrate

dd
I was married for over 11 years, together over 14, and have been split from my ex now for almost 8 years. I've been with my new lady for 7 years, and married for going on 2. I have to keep contact with my ex due to or son, who I have custody of. I am, and have been, completely over my ex, no question about it. There have been times, completely out of habit, where I have to make sure not to say the wrong name. There has been a couple of times where it has slipped. Usually when I'm pissed off over something stupid. Just a habit. Like DD said, not an excuse, but it can cause problems.

Hell, I've worked at a few diffferent places and on occasion will use the old codes on the radio when things get nasty. It drives my dispatch nuts because they have no idea what I'm referring to. We are just creatures of habit for the most part.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Were guys we forget sometimes.. hell I have a bad habit of calling my daughter by my wife's name

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
personally speaking, if my girl did that to me, i would have a problem with it knowing our history. (no details). Generally... hmmm, i wouldnt dump him or her but would be offended.
Sage

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
my wife has slipped up and called me by my dogs name before. hmmmm, his name is 'speedy', i wonder if she's trying to tell me something. :think:

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
my wife has slipped up and called me by my dogs name before. hmmmm, his name is 'speedy', i wonder if she's trying to tell me something. :think:
Actually, speedy is my nick-name. When she called you that, did you hear the back door slamming too? :trout: :run:

tattoopierced1

lol cuffs... wrangler: i guess it is up to you, however he most likely did it by accident or out of habit...I wouldnt really worry about it, but if it bothers you, then you gotta do what you gotta do..

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
Size this isent my drama for a change...so :rasp:

Thanks for all who answered i actually am printing this out and giving it to my friend on monday.....LOL from there she can do what she will

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Never said you were not, still thought it was funny.. :trout:

hogiejoe

Banned
Awards
ive done this before, and the girls name i said i was over. sometimes you just have things on your mind. if he did it during sex or something or talking about something intimate or serious then that is a different story.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
I'm going with the habbit thing. Having been divorced relatively recently, I was worried about doing that with my new girl. Never did though, but I can see it happen easily.

I'll add though that the fact she isn't telling him he's doing it isn't helping. If she did he would probably apreciate it and be much more aware or who he's with. I know I would.

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
I agree i asked the guy i am seeing this very thing last night and he said he would prefer my honesty, which i try to be :)

dito

Awards
  • Established
This is why it is best to keep from saying people's name in bed. :)

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Hmm. I say my sister's name sometimes when I am yelling at my dog. Does this count guys? :think:

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
It can just be something he's used to saying, ya know?

i catch myself all the time almost calling EVERYONE "baby" b/c thats what I say to my g/f 300000x a day.

WATERLOGGED

WATERLOGGED

supreme being
Awards
  • Established
i tell my wife to get on all 4's and bark....hmmm