Apple iPhone - damn your iOS7!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Last year I reluctantly got an iPhone4 with the iOS6. My contract was up and the phones was free. To my surprise I enjoyed the phone. I use it mostly for texting but also enjoy using my bluetooth headset and the iTunes (mp3 player?) while working out. I really enjoyed using the phone even though I am a very low end user.

Then I downloaded the iOS7! Well SOB! What a mistake.

Everything is slow. My music frequently breaks up. There is a lengthy delay switching between application. What was a screaming fast enjoyable phone is now running like ****. What's worse is that you cannot revert back to the old iOS6.

<rant/>

napalm

napalm

Awards
Wow, that's unfortunate David. After getting used to it, which took a little while, I really have no complaints.

Could be possible that it runs better in iPhone 5's. It wouldn't surprise me at all that Apple made sure of that so they could get you to upgrade...

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow, that's unfortunate David. After getting used to it, which took a little while, I really have no complaints.

Could be possible that it runs better in iPhone 5's. It wouldn't surprise me at all that Apple made sure of that so they could get you to upgrade...
I'm sure it runs very well on the iPhone5 and I'm sure that that is exactly what they wanted to have happen - me upgrade to the iPhone5.

I just resent that sort of of stuff.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
I hear ya David. I still have the regular 4 myself until January when my contract is up. I like some of the things about IOS7 but it did slow the phone down a little bit, and the lag-time between apps is frustrating. That and my screen is all cracked and Verizon wants $169 deductible to replace it even though I've been paying the $10 a month total equipment protection plan for the last several years. I can deal with the cracked screen for now. Cellphone companies are a damn racket.

madripper32

madripper32

Awards
  • Established
I'm in the same boat battery life stinks apps won't load it's because really the 4-4s can't handle the usage needed. I may make a switch away from apple now that there are so many other options.

texastea

Awards
I think i'm the last guy using an iphone 4 with the 5 OS. It works great, but initially bricked my phone during an early update. That experience sorta discourages me to update again.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Iphone4. Update sent me to the apple store. Worst freaking store I ever visited. They act like doctors or something. Make an appointment and wait an hour for a 5 minute phone switch.

Never again.

Edit: the girl told me the update doesn't run smooth on 4.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have a 5 and refuse to upgrade! I already have an issue with music that I buy from iTunes. Does anyone else have this problem? When I buy multiple songs at the same time, it doesn't download properly or something but it'll play that song for a day then won't play anymore. (Skips) This has made me avoid buying anything from iTunes.

supermanjow

supermanjow

Awards
  • Established
IOS7 requires a faster processor to run smoothly. There's a reason that this is the last OS to support the 4. I can't stand my phone now. Didn't like itch before, but it is so stupid slow now I can hardly stand it.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
IOS7 requires a faster processor to run smoothly. There's a reason that this is the last OS to support the 4. I can't stand my phone now. Didn't like itch before, but it is so stupid slow now I can hardly stand it.
I refuse to upgrade on my MacBook also.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote