Is being a rep a good gig?

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Matt73 View Post
    If I could pick your brains again......What makes a good online forum rep? How should you introduce yourself? Probably best to be yourself and let your personality come through right? Dos and Don'ts? Any feedback is of course appreciated. Also what would you like to see reps do, that they usually don't?
    You should follow Piston Honda around on the forum he will show the way
    "To your wife you should kiss try today"-Touey

    Brotato's bark brings shakes to the pups in the yard


  2. Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post
    DONT be like a needo rep lol
    This
    Psalms 62:1-62:2
    •   
       


  3. My rules for hiring a good rep. They won't apply to other companies but here is what I look for:

    - If they have asked to join loads of companies already, we don't want them.
    - We pick someone who clearly loves the products first and is clearly outspoken about them.
    - If they apply to join our company but I have never seen them talk about our products, we don't want them.

    In my opinion a good rep should be specific to the company and not just be looking for a rep gig with whoever offers. Too many people want free supplements and don't care who they rep for. These people aren't for us. Forum reps should be helpful, knowledgeable and polite.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  4. ^ what he say plus. I will tell you what make you a good rep. from the point of view from the owner that will want to sell product to as many people the can is about people having sheer knowledge (coop) and those who writing is interesting not dumb/run of the mill to read (bdcc) people will like to reading both.

    But most importance too wanting to help/have fun with everyone the key. From an overview honest most rep. do not have a heart in it I think.
    "To your wife you should kiss try today"-Touey

    Brotato's bark brings shakes to the pups in the yard

  5. Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    My rules for hiring a good rep. They won't apply to other companies but here is what I look for:

    - If they have asked to join loads of companies already, we don't want them.
    - We pick someone who clearly loves the products first and is clearly outspoken about them.
    - If they apply to join our company but I have never seen them talk about our products, we don't want them.

    In my opinion a good rep should be specific to the company and not just be looking for a rep gig with whoever offers. Too many people want free supplements and don't care who they rep for. These people aren't for us. Forum reps should be helpful, knowledgeable and polite.
    Nailed it.

    A good online rep actually reads the thread before making product suggestions. This forum is currently being over run by reps who are just copying and pasting the same thing into every thread. Even worse is that it is in the nutrition and training subsections. Those forums should be reserved for nutrition and training ONLY. The AM app has signatures removed as so people can't tell if you represent someone or not, or people new to the forum world probably are not aware that reps exist and just want an unbiased opinion.

    Key points:

    -Read the OP before making suggestions; take into account personal stats and their likes and dislikes
    -Genuinely like the company and the products they produce and take the time to familiarize yourself with their entire product line and how to dose them appropriately
    -Represent the company both on and off the forum. I know SNS and PES reps do this very well. I give away little baggies of SNS products (like pre-mixed pre workouts or 'pre mixed fat burners') all the time. I know i'm not alone in doing this.
    -Recognise that other companies do make products in the same category as your company and be willing and open enough to recommend both as options. Repping isn't just about making a sale, its about spreading awareness of the companies product line so that in future that person can experiment with your product as well
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
    •   
       


  6. Really, really good. Thank you Jiigzz.

  7. I sense that as well. I'd want to come across as sincere, as I would be.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    My rules for hiring a good rep. They won't apply to other companies but here is what I look for:

    - If they have asked to join loads of companies already, we don't want them.
    - We pick someone who clearly loves the products first and is clearly outspoken about them.
    - If they apply to join our company but I have never seen them talk about our products, we don't want them.

    In my opinion a good rep should be specific to the company and not just be looking for a rep gig with whoever offers. Too many people want free supplements and don't care who they rep for. These people aren't for us. Forum reps should be helpful, knowledgeable and polite.
    Thank you bdcc. Really good advice.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Touey View Post
    You should follow Piston Honda around on the forum he will show the way
    I'll take a look

  10. Hayden's post says a lot of things I missed.

    He also demonstrated what a good rep is, helpful, polite and thorough.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Matt73 View Post
    I'll take a look
    do not look to close or you will turn to stone
    "To your wife you should kiss try today"-Touey

    Brotato's bark brings shakes to the pups in the yard

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Touey View Post
    do not look to close or you will turn to stone
    Lmao. Your comments crack me up lol.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Touey View Post
    do not look to close or you will turn to stone
    Gotta use my shield with the mirrored inside.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Touey View Post
    do not look to close or you will turn to stone
    I sent you a pm but ur folder is too full.

  15. i just genuinely like helping people, i did that for free before, sharing my experiences in real life applications


    besides what has already been said:
    i have to see the reps on the team are also stand up ppl that make good posts and aren't arrogant a holes....i wouldn't rep for certain companies just because the members of the rep team are terrible, even if their products are great...kind of turns me away from even the products

    but is it a good gig: depending on what your looking to get out of it, if you want more exposure to help ppl in a genuine fashion then it's great...the free products are a bonus at that point
    AM10 for 10% off at Mindandmuscle.com
    AM10 for 10% off at Mrsupps.com

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Matt73 View Post
    Hi everyone, a questions been on my mind recently, What is the pay/salary of a rep for one of the supplement companies. Is it enough to do full time and leave your other job? Would there be benefits (medical, dental) I assume free product. I also figure that one would keep their full-time job and do this part-time. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

    haha , most reps just get some free product as pay every month. its RARE you are going to find somthing considered part time let alone full time. its possible . but most places get reps for product and or commission each month. so no not on its own , NO way . but as a side job sure its great.
    LG Sciences Board Rep
    These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by LG Sciences, LLC.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Blergs View Post
    haha , most reps just get some free product as pay every month. its RARE you are going to find somthing considered part time let alone full time. its possible . but most places get reps for product and or commission each month. so no not on its own , NO way . but as a side job sure its great.
    Thx Blergs, appreciated.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    i just genuinely like helping people, i did that for free before, sharing my experiences in real life applications


    besides what has already been said:
    i have to see the reps on the team are also stand up ppl that make good posts and aren't arrogant a holes....i wouldn't rep for certain companies just because the members of the rep team are terrible, even if their products are great...kind of turns me away from even the products

    but is it a good gig: depending on what your looking to get out of it, if you want more exposure to help ppl in a genuine fashion then it's great...the free products are a bonus at that point
    Yeah me too and I wouldn't want to be on a ****ty team either. Thanks Young Gotti.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    My rules for hiring a good rep. They won't apply to other companies but here is what I look for:

    - If they have asked to join loads of companies already, we don't want them.
    - We pick someone who clearly loves the products first and is clearly outspoken about them.
    - If they apply to join our company but I have never seen them talk about our products, we don't want them.

    In my opinion a good rep should be specific to the company and not just be looking for a rep gig with whoever offers. Too many people want free supplements and don't care who they rep for. These people aren't for us. Forum reps should be helpful, knowledgeable and polite.
    OP, don't listen to this guy, he doesn't know what he's talking about.

    Dude doesn't even lift.


    P.S. How long before AB affects your appetite? Few weeks or days?


    <3

  20. [QUOTE=jimbuick;4221934]OP, don't listen to this guy, he doesn't know what he's talking about.

    Dude doesn't even lift.


    P.S. How long before AB affects your appetite? Few weeks or days?


    Not sure if you're joking or not but it seems like solid advice to me.
    And what's AB?

  21. Hes joking haha
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

  22. Three days.

    I have eaten about half a kg of carbs for dinner every night. No joke lol.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  23. Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    Three days.

    I have eaten about half a kg of carbs for dinner every night. No joke lol.
    Yep, that sounds about right. Thanks.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Touey View Post
    You should follow Piston Honda around on the forum he will show the way
    I will indeed.

    I have loved MAN Sports for a while before being offered a rep position. I am a believer in our product lineup and now I get to show more people what I initially loved about MAN.

    BTW, if The Touey ever wanted to run a log on Gameday, I'm sure I could get him set up. More energy then he is the having for running Touey Wine Corporation over say Bartles & James or The Franzia.
    BOARD TYRANT | TEAM GET DIESEL | GETDIESEL.COM
    FeFiFo.com support
    DIESEL TEST = Underground Kings of Test elevation!


  25. Jump on this touey! Game Day is the only man supp I've tried but its as legit as it get!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. USPlabs is looking for a few good men & women! (NEW Product Reps)
    By borobulker in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 367
    Last Post: 01-06-2013, 01:32 PM
  2. IGF-1 is being used by bodybuilders on TV
    By x_muscle in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-26-2004, 01:36 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-21-2004, 10:31 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-26-2003, 02:12 AM
  5. I Must Say This Place Is Starting To Get Really Good!
    By Blindfaith in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-14-2002, 04:07 PM
Log in
Log in