Dad's Corner - AnabolicMinds.com

Dad's Corner

Page 1 of 11 1236 ... Last
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Dad's Corner

Hey all! I had a thought last night at 3am while I was up feeding my newborn. Why not start a thread for all dad's to impart advice, ask questions, brag about their kids? So here you go, dad's corner! I'll start, my little girl is almost 3 weeks old and sleeps like a rock during the day but is fussy at night. Anyone else experience this? I know it's an issue with her getting used to a new sleep cycle but am hoping it happens soon!

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I've gone through it 3 times so far. My best advice is to do the song and dance till about 6 months then cut it off. My three woke up at night as long as we let them. We cut it off and within 3 days it was all over
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  213 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by rsnake21 View Post
    I've gone through it 3 times so far. My best advice is to do the song and dance till about 6 months then cut it off. My three woke up at night as long as we let them. We cut it off and within 3 days it was all over
    Yep. If you give them an option then at some point they'll take it.
    Remember why you started.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Hoping it doesn't take 6 months for her to start sleeping more at night! I never drank coffee until she was born, now I don't think I could survive without it.
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Lol I wasn't a coffee drinker either. Now I'm hooked. My first two I did it all the to like a year and a half. My next one 6 months is the cut off line. You might get lucky though some just start sleeping through the night on their own.
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by nicksox15 View Post
    Hey all! I had a thought last night at 3am while I was up feeding my newborn. Why not start a thread for all dad's to impart advice, ask questions, brag about their kids? So here you go, dad's corner! I'll start, my little girl is almost 3 weeks old and sleeps like a rock during the day but is fussy at night. Anyone else experience this? I know it's an issue with her getting used to a new sleep cycle but am hoping it happens soon!

Great idea for a thread.... Only advice I have is that it comes with the territory... Hopefully the lil one will adjust to sleeping patterns. I believe the natural order will happen when your little girl adapts to be awake when you are awake.... It will happen, just no substitute for time and waking up to care for her. Good luck.

The greatest joy I've ever known is the one where God trusted me to be a father! (I have 2 little girls btw)
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

I hear ya man, I feel so blessed to have her in our lives.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

So she's sleeping alot better now! She was fussy at night due to gas, so we got some herbal drops and she's been doing great! Hard to believe it's been 3 weeks already.
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Lol wait until you're putting her on the bus for kindergarten. It comes faster then you can ever imagine
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I have two girls, one almost 6 and a 2 1/2 year old. They are like best friends and the absolute best thing in my life. All I can say is that I don't think you really understand what it means to be a man until you have kids. Everything in life is looked at differently and you do everything with your kids in mind before anything else. Like mentioned, enjoy everyday as much as you can because it will be frustrating beyond words at times, but it goes by so fast that you can't let it get to you. I was talking to my wife and we were just looking at photos on the wall in disbelief how much they have changed and grown when it felt like just yesterday we were up like you in the middle of the night. My wife had a little cry fest the other night because we took down the crib and our youngest is now in a toddler bed.
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Lol wait until you're picking her up from 8th grade cheerleading. It comes faster then you can ever imagine
    Fixed...
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I've been up since 4am. My almost 2 year old discovered how to both take his diaper off, and turn the tv on. I woke up with him butt naked sittin on my belly watching Mickey Mouse playin with his dingaling.

And the sleep cycles will be in phases. We're in the "I won't sleep in my bed past 1am phase"
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Great thread!!!....my baby girl is 4 months old....sleep will get better bro

Week 7 and up for me.
    Olympus labs Rep
    Olympus Labs, a line of products that will turn men into demigods.
    visit us at: olympus-labs.com
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I'll add that it is important that you keep a routine and not allow behavior that you don't want to be dealing with in a year or so from from now. My SIL was soft and would always let the kids get out of bed and into theirs because it was easier than setting boundaries. To this day years later, they still have issues dealing with it.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

First day of kindergarten, high school graduation ...12 years apart in actual time, minutes in perceived time.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

Yea, I'm trying to enjoy and take it all in! I definitely spend alot of time with her when she's up. It's very cool how quickly she's developing, starting to notice stuff more now and looking right at me.
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

Hard to believe it'll be four weeks with our little girl tomorrow! She sleeping for longer stretches now, seems everyday gets a bit longer so that's nice! Before I know it she'll be crawling around!
  18. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator

Don't blink brother...
    Attachment 85466

Before you know it she will be a grown woman. They learn a lot from their Dad's. Do well!
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

I will not watch that as I don't want to cry at work, lol! Seriously, this lack of sleep/addition of daughter has made me an emotional wreck! I was watching the gatti/ward documentary yesterday and was tearing up at the end. Of a sports documentary, lol
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

I will not watch that as I don't want to cry at work, lol! Seriously, this lack of sleep/addition of daughter has made me an emotional wreck! I was watching the gatti/ward documentary yesterday and was tearing up at the end. Of a sports documentary, lol
    Will get better soon bro....lack of sleep is hard...I was a complete wreck the first couple of weeks.
    Olympus labs Rep
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

It's not tears from being stressed or anything, lol it's all good tears
  22. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Enjoy every minute man. It goes by so fast. My daughter is 10 going on 30. Can't figure out how it happened so quickly
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

It's not tears from being stressed or anything, lol it's all good tears
    It's the estrogen talking....lol....

I cried for the stupidest things....it's all good , enjoy.....
    Olympus labs Rep
  24. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I definitely turned emotional after my kids were born. It's ridiculous. Lol
  25. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Oh man, that is so funny. My family loves to make fun of how sensitive I have become. I tell them it's not nice because I am surrounded by estrogen and emotions all the time.
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

Lol, I'm glad it's not just me! Doesn't help that it's been mostly women that have come and visited as well. It's just me and the dog in the man department. And even he's just a little shih tzu, lol
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

Lol, I'm glad it's not just me! Doesn't help that it's been mostly women that have come and visited as well. It's just me and the dog in the man department. And even he's just a little shih tzu, lol
    Time for some trt for the shih tzu
    Olympus labs Rep
  28. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.

Awesome subbed to this thread. We just had our daughter five weeks ago. Whole new world. I love it.

The only thing is I haven't been able to get to the gym regularly. Any father's advice for newbie dads and lifting?
  29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by cabrunner6480 View Post
    Any father's advice for newbie dads and lifting?
    It's something you have to sacrifice here and there. Just make sure the wife is happy and she gets her time, because that'll mean you'll get your time. When we lived in an apartment, I just let mini-me sleep in his carseat/carrier thing in the apartments tiny gym by ourselves while I got a quick 20 minute pump on.

Luckily, my guy is in daycare now and I work 2 days on/2 days off, so I have my days off to myself for gym time before I pick him up.
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

Awesome subbed to this thread. We just had our daughter five weeks ago. Whole new world. I love it.

The only thing is I haven't been able to get to the gym regularly. Any father's advice for newbie dads and lifting?
    Congrats man! Ours will be five weeks Tuesday. Its definitely harder at first to lift regularly, specially when only gating a few hours of sleep and working. I've been going in the mornings a few times before work, and definitely on weekends when we have more time
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I've been up since 4am. My almost 2 year old discovered how to both take his diaper off, and turn the tv on. I woke up with him butt naked sittin on my belly watching Mickey Mouse playin with his dingaling.

And the sleep cycles will be in phases. We're in the "I won't sleep in my bed past 1am phase"
    I laughed so hard!!!
    http://www.facebook.com/Celtic.Labs - Celtic Labs Representative
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Right now, my workouts are only 15-30 minutes long. I rotate chest/back, shoulders/arms, legs. One exercise each for 3-5 sets depending on time rostering from one to the other. The last set is always an all-out effort. I get in the gym at 5am at the latest and am out by 530am at the latest. I rotate the days and hit the gym 2-5 days a week depending on the week.

I've been doing some variation of that for about six months now (eight month old daughter). And it's been treating me well. Follow my log. It's called Making the Superman.
    http://www.facebook.com/Celtic.Labs - Celtic Labs Representative
  33. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Really it's all about the wife man. If she's awesome she'll understand and take it on while you're at the gym
  34. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

It's something you have to sacrifice here and there. Just make sure the wife is happy and she gets her time, because that'll mean you'll get your time. When we lived in an apartment, I just let mini-me sleep in his carseat/carrier thing in the apartments tiny gym by ourselves while I got a quick 20 minute pump on.

Luckily, my guy is in daycare now and I work 2 days on/2 days off, so I have my days off to myself for gym time before I pick him up.
    Very much this. It is a time sacrifice and it isn't about you anymore. Make sure your wife/gf knows how important it is to you and to set a good example to your lady and kid. Also, make sure she gets her time too. As a plus, your kid(s) stand a much better chance of leading a healthier lifestyle if they see daddy taking care of his. My wife and I are very active and our kids don't know anything else. It's awesome.
  35. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    Make sure your wife/gf knows how important it is to you
    This. I told my wife that I could be asking to go out boozing with friends, or be gone hours at a time doing whatever, but all I want is to just workout and I'll be happy. I make sure to annoy the crap out of her "want to go get your pedicure and walk around the mall, massage, chick flick?" "no? ok well I'm goin to the gym then"
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

This. I told my wife that I could be asking to go out boozing with friends, or be gone hours at a time doing whatever, but all I want is to just workout and I'll be happy. I make sure to annoy the crap out of her "want to go get your pedicure and walk around the mall, massage, chick flick?" "no? ok well I'm goin to the gym then"
    Fir sure, when we're both home she has no problem with me going. I in turn give her some time to go to the mall or just get out for a bit
  37. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

Fir sure, when we're both home she has no problem with me going. I in turn give her some time to go to the mall or just get out for a bit
    Give and take.....my wife lets me do my thing, but she does complain a lot...I try to give her some space.....freakin hormones...she doesn't no what to do sometimes.

Friend told me it can take more than a year for her old self to come back
    Olympus labs Rep
  38. Administrator
    Board Administrator

Great thread. My life changed after my kids were born. Perspective, attitude, etc....have 2 boys 3 1/2 and 1 1/2.

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  39. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by edje007 View Post
    Give and take.....my wife lets me do my thing, but she does complain a lot...I try to give her some space.....freakin hormones...she doesn't no what to do sometimes. Friend told me it can take more than a year for her old self to come back
    It took my wife close to a year. There were times when nothing I did was right lol Sucked ass
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  40. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

Thankfully I've been really lucky and my wife bounced back really quickly. She's her good ol self already and we're enjoying this ride together! Had the mother in law in town over the weekend so we got to have our first dinner out since the baby was born. Amazing how refreshing a two hour meal together can be!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Question for my dad
    By Tad50 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-03-2005, 04:07 PM
  2. Major Rant--stupid kids dad...
    By kwyckemynd00 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 04-12-2005, 12:08 AM
  3. Concerned Dad
    By AZHUSKER in forum Anabolics