Dad's Corner - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

Dad's Corner

Page 3 of 11 First 123458 ... Last
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Lmao!!! Glad I haven't had to deal with that yet! Little girl is ten months in five days, is almost walking, and just broke 15lbs a week ago. Tiny and strong like mommy and daddy apparently!
    http://www.facebook.com/Celtic.Labs - Celtic Labs Representative

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

First christmas with my baby girl

Loving it....merry christmas fellow fathers
    Olympus labs Rep
    Olympus Labs, a line of products that will turn men into demigods.
    visit us at: olympus-labs.com
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Thanks. Merry Christmas to all you guys as well. Unfortunately for me I'll be working all day today
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

First with my daughter as well, she turned three months yesterday. Loving every second of it!
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Dan View Post
    I don't have any children (yet) but my girlfriends daughter is 14 months old. Her father is not in her life but I love her more then anything else in the world. When I propose to my girlfriend I'm going to ask if I can legally adopt her daughter as my own.
    Awesome bro
    Olympus labs Rep
    Olympus Labs, a line of products that will turn men into demigods.
    visit us at: olympus-labs.com
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

My oldest daughter will be 6 in Jan and my other is 2 1/2. This year was amazing because they really got it. We adopted a family to have the girls bring gifts to, and my oldest was moved by the whole process. She was so appreciative of everything this year and so excited. We have a lot of family that lives here, so Christmas and holidays tend to get crazy and way overboard, and we made a decision to scale it down this year and it was the best decision ever.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

What it's all about right here.

Christmas, my wife and other daughter were sunbathing. Probably one of my favorite pictures ever.

ForumRunner_20131226_192515.png
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

I'm gonna miss my little man wife says she wants to do dual custody but I don't know how that's gonna work cause once she's out the army she's moving back to Indiana and im not going with
    The Swole Stoner
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    I'm gonna miss my little man wife says she wants to do dual custody but I don't know how that's gonna work cause once she's out the army she's moving back to Indiana and im not going with
    Dude! That sucks so hardcore!
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Yea, that's pretty rough dude. Very sorry to hear about that.
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Ugh, I could not imagine. Not for one second could I think that I wouldn't be able to see my girls everyday. I'm sorry about that, man.
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    Ugh, I could not imagine. Not for one second could I think that I wouldn't be able to see my girls everyday. I'm sorry about that, man.
    Yeah. I'm getting choked up just thinking about it.
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Yeah it sucks I wish she didn't have so much dirt on me so I could put up more of a fight.
    The Swole Stoner
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Yeah it sucks I wish she didn't have so much dirt on me so I could put up more of a fight.
    Not sure what that means but sounds like some admission of guilt/irresponsiblity and her actions would seem justifiable. Hindsight is always 20/20 so take what you've learned and improve. The damage is done so unless marriage counseling is an option, I'm not sure what I can offer except to join the commiserating. Tough stuff my brother. I wish you the best. Really, I do.
  15. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post
    Not sure what that means but sounds like some admission of guilt/irresponsiblity and her actions would seem justifiable. Hindsight is always 20/20 so take what you've learned and improve. The damage is done so unless marriage counseling is an option, I'm not sure what I can offer except to join the commiserating. Tough stuff my brother. I wish you the best. Really, I do.
    This is where my mind was 100% when I read that. The situation is terrible, but it sounds like you know it might have been coming based on the response. We all make mistakes, but they are compounded by a million when children are involved.
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.

Such a hard thing to deal with I'm sure. It's harder for kids then it is for adults though. Kids need their parents, brother if there is anything you can do to yourself to make your family work I encourage you to try. See a counselor on your own if she won't go with you. Show her your family is important and that you're sorry.

Whatever is possible I would do.
    Your fastest weight is your best weight
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  194 lbs.

Sorry to hear than man

My little girl is nearly 11months... shes still not consistent with sleeping through, sometimes it might be one every two weeks or a couple of days in a row... But never has she done it for a good amount of time i.e. a week or more.

Cant wait to be able to sleep again. But i could never imagine life without her now.
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by nicksox15 View Post
    Hey all! I had a thought last night at 3am while I was up feeding my newborn. Why not start a thread for all dad's to impart advice, ask questions, brag about their kids? So here you go, dad's corner! I'll start, my little girl is almost 3 weeks old and sleeps like a rock during the day but is fussy at night. Anyone else experience this? I know it's an issue with her getting used to a new sleep cycle but am hoping it happens soon!
    Just found this thread, great idea nick.

As far as getting her sleep better, the thing we did with both of my kids and it's worked for a lot of our friends with their children is giving them a warm bath right before bed time and try to make it as close to the same time at night as possible. And if you have lotion to use after with lavender, works wonders. Both of my kids started sleeping through the night after a few nights of getting into this routine. From 3 weeks old on they have been rock solid sleepers ever since.
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I'll add that it is important that you keep a routine and not allow behavior that you don't want to be dealing with in a year or so from from now. My SIL was soft and would always let the kids get out of bed and into theirs because it was easier than setting boundaries. To this day years later, they still have issues dealing with it.
    I have that with my SIL as well. Her kids fall asleep anywhere between 4 and 6 p.m., she doesn't believe in naps even though her kids aren't even 5 yet, they wake up at 4:30 or 5 a.m. everyday and she says she can't stand how early they wake. Unfortunately she just doesn't get it. And the really bad part is that because she is such a lax parent and doesn't feel that her children need to be watched all the time, she has poison control on speed dial, and they know her and her son by name. Her daughter has also had 4 broken bones so far. Drives me nuts because she's a self righteous b!tch and thinks she's the best mom in the world because she doesn't allow her kids to eat sugar. Grrrrrr.....
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.

So we're getting to the last month before my wife goes back to work and we have to put our daughter in daycare. We're going with a small in home one which we like and am just curious what others experience was with this transition. I know my wife is looking forward to getting back to work but is struggling with having to leave her.
    We went with preschool/daycare due to the social aspect and the learning curve that preschools provide. It's definitely very hard dropping them off the first few times, or in my wifes case weeks. It really does help with seperation anxiety and making sure your child can let you leave. It's also a starting point for self reliance in my opinion. Preschool has made a huge difference in my kids though. My daughter met all of the kindergarten entry requirements just before her 4th birthday. And my son who will 2 in March has moved up to the next class room, is reciting letters to us, and has far better social skills than his 3 1/2 year old cousin who has been at home with mom since birth. Can't say enough good things about good quality daycare.
  21. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Whoa, while I don't want to pass judgement based on a post alone, that sounds like a real situation and possible neglect.
  22. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post
    We went with preschool/daycare due to the social aspect and the learning curve that preschools provide. It's definitely very hard dropping them off the first few times, or in my wifes case weeks. It really does help with seperation anxiety and making sure your child can let you leave. It's also a starting point for self reliance in my opinion. Preschool has made a huge difference in my kids though. My daughter met all of the kindergarten entry requirements just before her 4th birthday. And my son who will 2 in March has moved up to the next class room, is reciting letters to us, and has far better social skills than his 3 1/2 year old cousin who has been at home with mom since birth. Can't say enough good things about good quality daycare.
    All of this x1000. It is so important and makes such a difference when kids get into daycare/preschool early when it comes to social development and groundwork for learning. We have a couple of friends that don't believe in this and it is remarkable to see how far behind their children are in basic interaction, conflict resolution, and general fearfulness of talking to others. It is difficult to find quality care and it takes a lot of homework and research, but when you do, it pays off incredibly.
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.

All of this x1000. It is so important and makes such a difference when kids get into daycare/preschool early when it comes to social development and groundwork for learning. We have a couple of friends that don't believe in this and it is remarkable to see how far behind their children are in basic interaction, conflict resolution, and general fearfulness of talking to others. It is difficult to find quality care and it takes a lot of homework and research, but when you do, it pays off incredibly.
    No doubt. Our daycare/preschool1 is awesome. There is only one other around here that is slightly better, and that's because they include swin lessons as part of there lesson plan, but good lord do you pay for it! I'm so glad my kids are in a quality preschool. It's piece of mind knowing we're solidifying their futures. Plus, when they're out and going to school, and you don't have to pay for child care anymore it's like getting a huge raise. :-)
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.

Whoa, while I don't want to pass judgement based on a post alone, that sounds like a real situation and possible neglect.
    Our family has their concerns. It doesn't help that she's not exactly the brightest bulb on the chandelier either.
  25. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

No doubt. Our daycare/preschool1 is awesome. There is only one other around here that is slightly better, and that's because they include swin lessons as part of there lesson plan, but good lord do you pay for it! I'm so glad my kids are in a quality preschool. It's piece of mind knowing we're solidifying their futures. Plus, when they're out and going to school, and you don't have to pay for child care anymore it's like getting a huge raise. :-)
    Yeah, our preschool has swim lessons, but it is included in the price and so worth it. I thought for sure once my daughter moved into Kindergarten that I was going to see all this extra money and then that just shifted into enrichment programs, karate comp team, swim team, soccer, etc...

I've given up on ever having that money again. LOL
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

Ours turns four months on Friday and is doing great in daycare I'm happy to report. Mom is doing well with it too even the sleeping has been pretty good, but as we all prolly know, some nights she just wants to hang out
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.

Ours turns four months on Friday and is doing great in daycare I'm happy to report. Mom is doing well with it too even the sleeping has been pretty good, but as we all prolly know, some nights she just wants to hang out
    My daughter is 4 1/2 and asks constantly to stay in our bed. We have a California king and when we give in and let her sleep in our bed, despite ALL that room, she still manages to either lay on top of one of us, or hit and kick the crap out of her daddy during her dreams. Her grand parents just bought a full size bed, so even though it's short for me, I go in and sleep there to get some peace and quiet.
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

My daughter is 4 1/2 and asks constantly to stay in our bed. We have a California king and when we give in and let her sleep in our bed, despite ALL that room, she still manages to either lay on top of one of us, or hit and kick the crap out of her daddy during her dreams. Her grand parents just bought a full size bed, so even though it's short for me, I go in and sleep there to get some peace and quiet.
    Not really my business but I'll comment anyway...
    The longer you allow her to sleep in your bed, the harder it will be to break. Who's in charge? The adult or the child?
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post
    Not really my business but I'll comment anyway...
    The longer you allow her to sleep in your bed, the harder it will be to break. Who's in charge? The adult or the child?
    It's a rare occurance. We don't give in, we make it a reward. Sometimes on weekends, or when I'm away for business or volleyball, she's there with my wife. But it doesn't stop her from asking constantly, we just give her goals to shoot for with behavior or things she can do at school to earn spending the night in our bed, and if she meets them she earns that reward. Besides, she's way too adorable to so no to all of the time.
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  210 lbs.

It's a rare occurance. We don't give in, we make it a reward. Sometimes on weekends, or when I'm away for business or volleyball, she's there with my wife. But it doesn't stop her from asking constantly, we just give her goals to shoot for with behavior or things she can do at school to earn spending the night in our bed, and if she meets them she earns that reward. Besides, she's way too adorable to so no to all of the time.
    Great idea! And I say who cares! Especially at that age. When she's a year or two older and it's no longer age appropriate, put your foot down. But until then, enjoy those precious moments. They only last a short while!
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by supermanjow View Post

Great idea! And I say who cares! Especially at that age. When she's a year or two older and it's no longer age appropriate, put your foot down. But until then, enjoy those precious moments. They only last a short while!
    Eh...be careful. Saying yes to a 5 year old quickly turns into saying yes to a 12 year old. As a high school teacher, I am often the first to say no to a 14 year old. The tantrum is the same. People tend to say yes for the instant pacification without regard to the long term unintended negative outcomes.
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.

We're not those parents though. We pick our battles, but we don't cave. My wife is a former Marine, and I'm a firm believer in strict but loving parenting. We've seen those kids and parents that make you cringe. We agreed together a long time ago that our kids would absolutely not be brats.
    Getting my "figure" back:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/254395-mountainman-1-oly.html#post4600696
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  210 lbs.

We're not those parents though. We pick our battles, but we don't cave. My wife is a former Marine, and I'm a firm believer in strict but loving parenting. We've seen those kids and parents that make you cringe. We agreed together a long time ago that our kids would absolutely not be brats.
    Same here! And I had a Marine father that was a great role model for me. Strict when he had to but always loving. Even he says don't fight it when it comes to little kids in bed. Now of course that's not unrestricted, but there's definitely a time to ease up and just enjoy!
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.

Hard to say no that face sometimes. Or to my wife either for that matter.

ForumRunner_20140124_174042.png
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/254395-mountainman-1-oly.html#post4600696
  35. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

My wife and I battle about that **** constantly, she asks him nicely if he wants to do something and he'll laugh and run off. Me I put a little bass in my voice and give him an order he responds usually
    The Swole Stoner
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

My wife and I battle about that **** constantly, she asks him nicely if he wants to do something and he'll laugh and run off. Me I put a little bass in my voice and give him an order he responds usually
    Yes, daddy doesn't speak much but when I roar they listen.
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.

Definitely need to have a stern side with children. A major way for them to learn respect. On the other side of parenting, I love being a major goofball with them. Making them laugh is the best part of everyday. I was dropping my kids off at preschool the other day and was goofing around with them before I left and one of the moms asked me why her husband couldn't be more fun with their kids like I was. She said he was too worried about people thinking something wrong about him. I'm sorry but your kids grow up so fast, you should enjoy every moment. I sing kidz bop songs at the top of my lungs with my daughter in the car and get funny looks from other drivers. I don't care though, my daughter thinks it's so much fun when we do that.
  38. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

I was dropping my kids off at preschool the other day and was goofing around with them before I left and one of the moms asked me why her husband couldn't be more fun with their kids like I was. She said he was too worried about people thinking something wrong about him.
    That is just plain weird. As a man, why would you ever care or think about your image when it comes to your kids. If that guy had any idea how insecure and lame he is presenting himself to his family, he'd probably think twice.
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.

That is just plain weird. As a man, why would you ever care or think about your image when it comes to your kids. If that guy had any idea how insecure and lame he is presenting himself to his family, he'd probably think twice.
    And the sad part is that this mom, his wife, is a little hottie. Another case of "what was she thinking?". Although I'm pretty sure he's got money so that would explain some.
  40. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Which I will never, ever grasp. I make nice money that allows us to live a good life, but that would never matter to myself or my wife if I were not a great father and pretty darn good husband first and foremost. She would never be with me and I wouldn't be able to live with myself. As I am a father of two beautiful little girls now, little irritates me more than to see guys (including my own friends) that are hands off and are not a major part of their kids daily lives.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Question for my dad
    By Tad50 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-03-2005, 04:07 PM
  2. Major Rant--stupid kids dad...
    By kwyckemynd00 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 04-12-2005, 12:08 AM
  3. Concerned Dad
    By AZHUSKER in forum Anabolics