Pliny the Elder anyone? beer talk

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

so as head of the beer department, my boss decided to give me a pliny the elder today during work. for those who dont know, it and pliny the younger are two of the highest rated ipa's in the world. needles to say, it was fkin good

any beer advocates out there? hoping to start a good thread on the worlds greatest vice. maybe learn a thing or two for work

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post
    so as head of the beer department, my boss decided to give me a pliny the elder today during work. for those who dont know, it and pliny the younger are two of the highest rated ipa's in the world. needles to say, it was fkin good any beer advocates out there? hoping to start a good thread on the worlds greatest vice. maybe learn a thing or two for work
    Russian river is a great brewing company. another awesome IPA is dogfish 90 min IPA one 4 pk of that and I'm wasted!!
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fame126 View Post
    Russian river is a great brewing company. another awesome IPA is dogfish 90 min IPA one 4 pk of that and I'm wasted!!
    I had a few of the dogfish head 120 minute ipa's and loved that stuff!
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pics/229429-my-fat-mess.html
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

ive had all of dogfish head too. dogfish palo santo = fuk you up. 12% alcohol in that one

did you get to try stone's enjoy by ipa on the last batch? i think that one was equally good to pliny
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Answers

ive had all of dogfish head too. dogfish palo santo = fuk you up. 12% alcohol in that one did you get to try stone's enjoy by ipa on the last batch? i think that one was equally good to pliny
    never had an enjoy by but heard good things. they are damn expensive as well
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

never had an enjoy by but heard good things. they are damn expensive as well
    yea i got my bomber for $7. it was pretty damn good though. if you live near any total wines, you can probly still find the 10-25-13 brew. but it was bottled 9-20. so its not the freshest anymore lol
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by harbonah View Post
    I had a few of the dogfish head 120 minute ipa's and loved that stuff!
    If you find a place that taps the DFH 60 min ips you have to treat your self.
    Rep For IronFlex
    Use the NEW CODE MCCREW20 to save 20% off of EVERYTHING on the IronFlex site,
    Even Diabolix Ironflex's new compound!

8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.
    Answers

so as head of the beer department, my boss decided to give me a pliny the elder today during work. for those who dont know, it and pliny the younger are two of the highest rated ipa's in the world. needles to say, it was fkin good

any beer advocates out there? hoping to start a good thread on the worlds greatest vice. maybe learn a thing or two for work
    I am a beer advocate for sure. If you like dark beers keep an eye out for ballast point's victory at sea it is one of the best imperial porters I have ever tried.
    Hey since your up in sacto have you ever went to grass valley and checked out the Brewery Old Republic they are making some quality stuff out of their little operation.
    Rep For IronFlex

9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by McCrew530 View Post
    I am a beer advocate for sure. If you like dark beers keep an eye out for ballast point's victory at sea it is one of the best imperial porters I have ever tried.
    Hey since your up in sacto have you ever went to grass valley and checked out the Brewery Old Republic they are making some quality stuff out of their little operation.
    victory at sea is fkin awsome. same with their sculpin ipa. another good dark beer is the imperial russian stout Old Rasputin by north coast. thats one of the best ones ive ever tried. and paulaner Salvator = best doppelbock ive ever tried

as for porters, i have a deschutes black butte XXV anniversary in my fridge for tomorow when walking dead season starts

is that ol' republic brewery from nevada city? my bosses have been there, but not me. my boss is taking me to russian river brewery and lagunitas in february to try and get some pliny the younger. that one is gonna be fkin sweet
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Russian Rivers Concecration is about the best beer I've ever tried.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by PumpHouse View Post
    Russian Rivers Concecration is about the best beer I've ever tried.
    so youre into the sour beers? my bosses love those, im not into them so much

have you tried petrus aged?
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  183 lbs.
    Answers

Rodenbach Grand Cru is great for a Flemish style but I can't drink to much of that stuff.

I am a sucker for the pumpkins this time of year.
    Check out my LG Bulk Kit log.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/238159-getting-my-bulk-2.html#post4242169
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.
    Answers

victory at sea is fkin awsome. same with their sculpin ipa. another good dark beer is the imperial russian stout Old Rasputin by north coast. thats one of the best ones ive ever tried. and paulaner Salvator = best doppelbock ive ever tried

as for porters, i have a deschutes black butte XXV anniversary in my fridge for tomorow when walking dead season starts

is that ol' republic brewery from nevada city? my bosses have been there, but not me. my boss is taking me to russian river brewery and lagunitas in february to try and get some pliny the younger. that one is gonna be fkin sweet
    Ya ol' republic is right under the local grocery store SPD in Nevada City . I guess they are expanding into a new location.

Since we are talking beer here have you tried a beer float. i went on a beer tour for my birthday a couple of years ago and Stone made me a Vanilla bean smoked porter float with their house made vanilla bean ice-cream I still dream of that some nights it was so good.

If you like Sculpin you should try Tung buckler. Its really hoppy and rich in flavor, plus at 11% or something you only need one.

Man looks like I am going to be making a trip to Bevmo after work to get some old Rasputin to go with my steak and Walking Dead Tonight!
    Rep For IronFlex

14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by madripper32 View Post
    Rodenbach Grand Cru is great for a Flemish style but I can't drink to much of that stuff.

I am a sucker for the pumpkins this time of year.
    If you like Pumpkin beer keep an eye out for Firestone Walker (I think) they made a pumpkin beer that almost tasted like pie it was great.
    Rep For IronFlex

15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Answers

so youre into the sour beers? my bosses love those, im not into them so much

have you tried petrus aged?
    I haven't tried that actually.

But yes I love sour beers.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  183 lbs.
    Answers

I had a couple blue point pumpkins on draft yesterday and I'm still tasting that deliciousness today.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/238159-getting-my-bulk-2.html#post4242169
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

If you like Pumpkin beer keep an eye out for Firestone Walker (I think) they made a pumpkin beer that almost tasted like pie it was great.
    shipyard makes the best pumpkin ale for you or anyone else interested

and for the beer float, ive only mixed samuel smiths Chocolate Stout with ce cream. it was damn good though. my bosses tell me to try liefmans framboise with icecream too, apparently that is also very good

and you have my personal word that rasputin is one badass beer. another good one s paulaner salvator. very good doppelbock, and very complex woth a lot of flavors
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

I haven't tried that actually.

But yes I love sour beers.
    gove it a shot. its $3.99 and got a gold award for taste. personally though,sours arnt for me, yet
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.
    Answers

Well No Rasputin last night But...
    Asylum Barley wine by Left Coast went great with my porterhouse!
    On another note This season of Walking Dead started off with a Bang!!!
    Rep For IronFlex

20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Sea Dog is about the most disgusting thing on this planet.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

Sea Dog is about the most disgusting thing on this planet.
    lol random thought?

i liked their blueberry one a little. i think its better than other flavored beers like smirnoff n shet. and they make a good root beer that i drink at work

its more of a nooby beer
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

shipyard makes the best pumpkin ale for you or anyone else interested and for the beer float, ive only mixed samuel smiths Chocolate Stout with ce cream. it was damn good though. my bosses tell me to try liefmans framboise with icecream too, apparently that is also very good and you have my personal word that rasputin is one badass beer. another good one s paulaner salvator. very good doppelbock, and very complex woth a lot of flavors
    Old Rasputin and Brooklyn Brewery Chocolate Stout are amazing beers
    BOARD TYRANT
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Took a Sam Adams brewery tour and was impressed by one of their limited run items, Verloren. I would give my non-drink-holding arm for a case of that stuff.
    BOARD TYRANT
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

If you want a knock you on your a$$ beer, find "La Fin Du Monde" or "Maudite" by Unibroue out of Montreal
    BOARD TYRANT
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.
    Answers

lol random thought?

i liked their blueberry one a little. i think its better than other flavored beers like smirnoff n shet. and they make a good root beer that i drink at work

its more of a nooby beer
    Im not too into the fruity beer but Wild Blue is good and at 8% its got some respectable punch.
    Rep For IronFlex

26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Piston Honda View Post
    If you want a knock you on your a$$ beer, find "La Fin Du Monde" or "Maudite" by Unibroue out of Montreal
    we have unibrou too. la fin du monde in particular is what im probly gonna buy next

Im not too into the fruity beer but Wild Blue is good and at 8% its got some respectable punch.
    yea i bout my gf a 6 pack of wild blue a few months back. it was a little too fruity for me, but i could tell a lot of people would like it. girls in particular really like wild blue. have you tried lost coast tangerine? its a wheat beer brewed with tangerine. same concept, except wheat based and hella good. girls really like it too
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Not random, someone brought Sea Dog over last night. It's blueberry diarrhea and it's banned from my fridge.
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Answers

But I hate most of the fruity beers. I think it was Kona brewery that made a passion fruit beer. Was god awful.

Pumpkin is somewhat acceptable though.

Anyone ever tried Chimay brews? I've only has the blue and the red but they are very very tasty. Blue is pretty strong too.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Answers

But I hate most of the fruity beers. I think it was Kona brewery that made a passion fruit beer. Was god awful. Pumpkin is somewhat acceptable though. Anyone ever tried Chimay brews? I've only has the blue and the red but they are very very tasty. Blue is pretty strong too.

Julian brewery makes a cherry bomb which is a cherry cider @6.99abv not too bad IMO
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.
    Answers

yea i bout my gf a 6 pack of wild blue a few months back. it was a little too fruity for me, but i could tell a lot of people would like it. girls in particular really like wild blue. have you tried lost coast tangerine? its a wheat beer brewed with tangerine. same concept, except wheat based and hella good. girls really like it too
    I have its a good summer beer and it goes well with chicken Fajitas

Julian brewery makes a cherry bomb which is a cherry cider @6.99abv not too bad IMO
    Both of their Ciders are BOMB!
    Rep For IronFlex

31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

But I hate most of the fruity beers. I think it was Kona brewery that made a passion fruit beer. Was god awful.

Pumpkin is somewhat acceptable though.

Anyone ever tried Chimay brews? I've only has the blue and the red but they are very very tasty. Blue is pretty strong too.
    that was kona's wailua. i thought it was gross too

chimays are top notch belgium brews. you can actually get the corked bombers and age them for years. my boss has been braggin about finding a 3 year old gift of the magi the other day
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Answers

I'm a fan of dark beers myself. Stouts, porters, black lagers et cetera.

This time of year the pumpkin beers are out and amazing.

A microbrew in Houston, St. Arnold, makes a special reserve called Pumpkinator that is basically the holidays in a bottle. Not sure how wide their distribution is but Dogfish Head Punkin is good too.
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Anyone in here ever brewed before?

I've been building the equipment for a while now, still haven't gotten to try it yet. Almost done.
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  183 lbs.
    Answers

Anyone in here ever brewed before? I've been building the equipment for a while now, still haven't gotten to try it yet. Almost done.
    Yes my brother and I brew a few times a year. We're working on increasing batch size now. Need more time and money for that though.
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.
    Answers

Anyone in here ever brewed before?

I've been building the equipment for a while now, still haven't gotten to try it yet. Almost done.
    LOL I use a MR Beer that thing is the Sh!t!!! Its fun and easy! Once I get a house I am going to start my own operation for sure!
    Rep For IronFlex

36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Answers

LOL I use a MR Beer that thing is the Sh!t!!! Its fun and easy! Once I get a house I am going to start my own operation for sure!
    Haha. I'm thinking about cooking up some gin pretty soon.

Gin is my thang. But the beer setup should be done this month, if this forum is up ill try and post some pictures of the process.
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.
    Answers

Gin is my thang. But the beer setup should be done this month, if this forum is up ill try and post some pictures of the process.
    You make Gin?! how do you do that good sir?
    Rep For IronFlex

38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.
    Answers

Rep For IronFlex

39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Answers

I haven't done it yet. My dad has a few prohibition era copper still pieces. With a bit of money put into it, it could work. But gin seems to be a lot more complicated of a process and recipes are closely guarded.

When I said "gin is my thang" I meant "drinking gin is my thang". Haven't made any yet lol.
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.
    Answers

I haven't done it yet. My dad has a few prohibition era copper still pieces. With a bit of money put into it, it could work. But gin seems to be a lot more complicated of a process and recipes are closely guarded.

When I said "gin is my thang" I meant "drinking gin is my thang". Haven't made any yet lol.
    ahh I thought you had a family recipy that you cook up. Ya gin and scotch/bourbon are the only hard stuff I touch Bombay Sapphire for Martinis and Tanqueray for the Tonics
    getting back on point though Johnny Walker Double Black paired with Sierra Nevada Bigfoot is Amazing!!!!!
    Rep For IronFlex

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. The King Of "beer Pong" !!!
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-18-2007, 10:54 AM
  2. Optimum booth at the Arnold-- anyone stop by?
    By methusaleh in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-28-2007, 06:35 AM
  3. rHGH, TRT, HRT for the elderly.
    By ShapeUP in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-17-2007, 02:01 PM
  4. the most satisfying beers for under 140 calories
    By jjohn in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 07-09-2006, 07:03 AM
  5. Cycles for the elderly/