Status
Not open for further replies.
Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This place is turning into a black market and I won't have that. FOr now, PM's are disabled.

I get about 3 forwarded PM's per day from people trying to solicit their "stuff".

For those who use this function for legit reasons I am sorry but you can thank those that try to set up shop here for this one, just like the swamp meet forum.

S

Strateg0s

Awards
  • Established
Way to go you dumbasses

Way to go you dumbasses. "Private" messages are about as secure as sending postcards. Trying to do business on a board like this is reckless on your part, and invites serious problems for the board's owner. You probably should have all been banned for such errant stupidity, but that would involve too much work on the part of the administrators.:frustrate :frustrate :frustrate

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I also locked registration for a while because there were members signing up under false names trying to sell their extra stuff. The activity that has gone here lately just proves to me that the majority of people that bought their extra "stuff" had no intention of using it and just tried to make a profit. I don't mind that from a purely capitalistic stand point, but it won't happen here since I have people that pay to advertise and hook you guys up with special deals and the newest products.

S

Strateg0s

Awards
  • Established
I see the necessity of it. It would be nice if the board tools allowed you the flexibility to, say, permit PMs for people with over 100 posts, but if any of them are involved in this, they could be banned, since they should know better. But the first order must be to protect yourself from these clowns, uh, no offense ... I mean the other kind of clowns. ;)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I tihnk you would be surprised at the amount of "business" that has been going on and who is involved. They think I don't know, but I do thanks to the outstanding members that want to keep this place BS free and for discussion.

L

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
I agree. I think it's a good idea.

And along the same vein, I'm getting tired of people PMing me for source checks and advice on their cycles. Mabey I'm being overly cautious, but with the impending ban and the climate being what it is, I will definitely be more judicious with my posts for a while. Who knows who might be watching.

C

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
well damn, i just sent a few PM's i needed answers to, oh well i'll post in the anabolic forum with my Q's.

i think it's a good idea to tighten up the board a bit. i constantly got PM's annoying the crap out of me for various BS sources, asking for stuff, etc.

C

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
is there anyway we could read ours, and not send them? i've got a few unreads in my mailbox.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nope.

T

t_dot_porkchop

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
tough decision bobo.....but a requirement. i just knew that a lot of guys were going to turn into over-night pushers with the ban coming.

pretty stupid if they are pimping **** via PM

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
i've had more than a few ask for source checks as well.

S

Stingray

Awards
This is sad and unfortunate. I compleatly understand, however Im just afraid that I will go to log in one day and get a "Page not found" error.

SR

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its very simple, stop trying to sell/buy powders and various "things" through PM''s and this won't happen.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It's too bad that stuff is happening, this place to me is a sanctuary.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It shouldn't effect those seeking advice/discussion. This will only effect those trying to sell their "stuff".

If they want to set up shop and start their own business, go for it. I'll even help them out but don't take advantage of an open forum and do "backdoor" deals.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Its sad to see this happening more and more at various boards across the net.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
this is necessary for now. its a good idea.
Sage

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks guys. I don't enjoy doing this but considering the amount of "traffic" going on and the impending ban, I do not want this board to become a haven for those dealing in illegal substances. THere is already "unwanted traffic" here and this protecting the board as a whole as well as my ass.

The ban has really caused a firestorm.

B

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
And there have certainly been a HUGE increase in newbies from other boards here. I've been getting PMs daily from kids asking where they can get Superdrol b/c they read my log. Plus, with the stir Superdrol caused BB.com and 1fast, a lot of people started coming here.

My favorite post today was on a thread about MDHT. Some kid chimed in "Is that the same as my Gaspari M1D?"

I hope this place doesn't get overrun by the immature.

B

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Its sad to see this happening more and more at various boards across the net.
This is very true. You know, I was on 1fast forums about a week ago, and I spotted a spam trhead hawking AAS that hadn't been caught by mods yet. I've also received PMs to that end.

T

tattoopierced1

its been happening more and more on other boards as well...really sucks that PM's had to be disabled, but if it protects this board, then so be it...i'd rather still be able to visit than to have the site here no more one day....

B

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
its been happening more and more on other boards as well...really sucks that PM's had to be disabled, but if it protects this board, then so be it...i'd rather still be able to visit than to have the site here no more one day....
Agreed.

T

tattoopierced1

not to go off subject, but damn brodus, that is a crazy picture.... lol

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
To lighten the mood, here's a couple worse photos (notice the flattened bicep peak, as a result of the massive oil-filled pusbag called his arm exploding):
Sythol heaven!

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Have you ever read his section in MD? What a fuckin nut.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The thing is Bobo warned of the illicit pm's a while back, and I see that some decided to ignore it. I think most of the vets here have gotten some type of pm asking for a source. The influx of newbies is partly b/c of the ban, and also b/c of SD's popularity, hopefully it will subside here in another month or so. By the way Bobo, I support the decision as well.

T

TheOMEGA

Board Supporter
Awards
sorry to see BOBO

it happens to all the good boards that have traffic :(

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
To lighten the mood, here's a couple worse photos (notice the flattened bicep peak, as a result of the massive oil-filled pusbag called his arm exploding):
Damn, Brodus - Halloween already??? :blink:
That's some ugly awful ****. :rofl:

Found out about the PM thing when I went in to clear it all out (just general housekeeping - too bad I didn't think of it while I was in there yesterday). Sad that things should get so deranged...PMs AND pix.

Thanks for taking the community's well-being so seriously, Bobo.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Sad to see but it's better than having the board become a shop. Awhile ago I saw someone pimping Superdrol for $130 in the PH forum ! Good thing the thread was deleted

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
Sad to see things like this but i get many PM's asking me for pictures and asking me for the x rated kind....half the messages I got i deleted and disregarded.........So you guys get the swap for illegal things and I get the ones asking for naked pics......

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Sad to see things like this but i get many PM's asking me for pictures and asking me for the x rated kind....half the messages I got i deleted and disregarded.......I get the ones asking for naked pics......
Damn...I thought that kind of thing was left behind at bb.com....really a bummer.

L

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Sad to see things like this but i get many PM's asking me for pictures and asking me for the x rated kind....half the messages I got i deleted and disregarded.........So you guys get the swap for illegal things and I get the ones asking for naked pics......
Bobo should get their user names and ban those fuckers on the spot. :shoot:

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
Kind of a releif, really, when I logged in this morning I must have missed this thread and I thought I did something wrong. Phew.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Sucks to hear, I think thoses guys forgot that they're in a bodybuilding board

F

former_SlimJim

Board Supporter
Awards
After reading this thread, I am growing concerned that if I post anything illegal that it may come back to haunt me. If pm's aren't safe, then what is? I've only ever done legal ph cycles and non-controlled substances for PCT so it hasn't been much of a concern to me until now.

Just how traceable are my posts on this board (or any board) if I should give advice or ask questions about what will soon be illegal? Can the authorities force AM to give up my membership info, email adress, etc.?

B

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Talking about something isn't illegal unless you're conspiring to commit a crime. People have been giving advice about AAS on these boards for a long time, and there's nothing illegal about doing that. What is illegal is trading in (soon-to-be) scheduled "steroid precursors," and that's a big part of the current action here. I believe the Board owners accurately see that interspersing underground commerce with an AAS/Bodybulding board can be a hornet's nest of trouble, so that's why the screws are tightening. If you're not selling anything, you have nothing to worry about.

BTW, get yourself a secure email account if you do plan on doing anything beyond the scope of this board.

Sputnik

Sputnik

Awards
  • Established
Well that’s just great. Couldn’t we have been told about it in advance? I had some excellent PM’s in there from sledge about using a couple of supps and now they’re all gone! Frigging great. I could’ve copied the stuff out of there before being disabled.

Z

zaph123

Board Supporter
Awards
AWW man i really wish i could read the 2 new pms i got that probally are ans my questions. OH well what ever is better for the board right? By the way that guys arms are gross.

R

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Bobo should get their user names and ban those fuckers on the spot. :shoot:
Absolutely. Cleanse the membership of this offensive minority for the benefit of the majority of us who don't **** the system up. Please.

It's wise to assume that anything that one posts here is being archived on this domain, kept in the logs on one's ISP, harvested by search engine spiders who come here everyday, and read by law enforcement related persons.

The chances of getting busted for disclosure of something like one's PH stash is minimal, the primary reason being it's interstate with does'nt interest the local narcs and it's too small to interest the feds, but assume everything you put down here is read and remains in record.

If anyone one is interested, I recommend the PSST Alpha II app at
http://psst.sourceforge.net/ as a secure encrypted PGP chat app, it's stable and appears secure to me.

One exchanges the PGP private key and IPA with people you want to chat with and connect

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
After reading this thread, I am growing concerned that if I post anything illegal that it may come back to haunt me. If pm's aren't safe, then what is? I've only ever done legal ph cycles and non-controlled substances for PCT so it hasn't been much of a concern to me until now.

Just how traceable are my posts on this board (or any board) if I should give advice or ask questions about what will soon be illegal? Can the authorities force AM to give up my membership info, email adress, etc.?
Don't worry, you'll be fine ;)

The encryption on most databases is pretty tough to crack ;)

Not to mention YOU literally are the only one with your password. No even Bobo knows it or could even find out what it is. It's encrypted and secret.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I understand COMPLETELY why this has been done.

What I would suggest is that all PMs, which are now unaccessable to those who sent them or received them, be deleted. Fortunately for me all I have in my PMs is telling another board member how I eat 18 raw eggs a day.

BUT just stop and think for a moment what information YOU have in YOU PM box which you REALLY do not want floating around in Cyber Space for the next 20 years.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Don't worry, you'll be fine ;)

The encryption on most databases is pretty tough to crack ;)

Not to mention YOU literally are the only one with your password. No even Bobo knows it or could even find out what it is. It's encrypted and secret.
You REALLY believe that the admin function on message boards do NOT give complete access to EVERYTHING?

BTW for some interesting reading do a yahoo search with your board name. ;)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well that’s just great. Couldn’t we have been told about it in advance? I had some excellent PM’s in there from sledge about using a couple of supps and now they’re all gone! Frigging great. I could’ve copied the stuff out of there before being disabled.
No.

Status
Not open for further replies.