beat as ****...

sinkheadhxc

Awards
i recently fell on this downhill slope of motivation when it comes to training and dieting. i've trained consistently for 3 years and have loved every second of it. i would take a week off every 3 months. other than that, not too many days missed.

currently, i feel like **** when it comes to lifting. i just got a fantastic job, but it is stressful as ass, but i kind of like it. ntm, its an hour drive, so 2hrs round trip. on top of that its 9 hour days (1hr for lunch) so by the time i get home i am beat as hell (i'm gone from 6am to 5pm). i have been in a better mood since i started this position, but my motivation to lift is hardly existent. i usually have time to sleep and cook and watch a movie or something and then my days over.

because of all of this, i've been eating like **** and lifting MAYBE twice a week (my normal routine consists of 4 days). i'm still making strength gains and am getting bulkier (prob fat), but it takes so much for me to just do it. i still think about it all the time, but i'm definitely slipping, and don't want to be. i also started a "bulk" in june (trying to go from 175 to 205 by jan-feb), so a lack of training isn't going to help, and ****ty food is just going to make me truly a fotoss.

i'm moving soon, so i'm hoping that will kick my ass into gear once i have a new place (with a garage, totally going to be dedicated to the iron).

anyone else ever have this happen? any advice on getting over this bitch ****?

thanks!

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i recently fell on this downhill slope of motivation when it comes to training and dieting. i've trained consistently for 3 years and have loved every second of it. i would take a week off every 3 months. other than that, not too many days missed. currently, i feel like **** when it comes to lifting. i just got a fantastic job, but it is stressful as ass, but i kind of like it. ntm, its an hour drive, so 2hrs round trip. on top of that its 9 hour days (1hr for lunch) so by the time i get home i am beat as hell (i'm gone from 6am to 5pm). i have been in a better mood since i started this position, but my motivation to lift is hardly existent. i usually have time to sleep and cook and watch a movie or something and then my days over. because of all of this, i've been eating like **** and lifting MAYBE twice a week (my normal routine consists of 4 days). i'm still making strength gains and am getting bulkier (prob fat), but it takes so much for me to just do it. i still think about it all the time, but i'm definitely slipping, and don't want to be. i also started a "bulk" in june (trying to go from 175 to 205 by jan-feb), so a lack of training isn't going to help, and ****ty food is just going to make me truly a fotoss. i'm moving soon, so i'm hoping that will kick my ass into gear once i have a new place (with a garage, totally going to be dedicated to the iron). anyone else ever have this happen? any advice on getting over this ***** ****? thanks!
It's just a season bro, do what you can to stay motivated. My only suggestion would be go to bed earlier and wake up early and train then. That may help you feel better throughout the day. Yes I have had similar circumstances. We as people are only given so many hours in the day, and only so much energy (emotional and physical) to spend throughout the day. Sounds like you got your priorities in order tho. So just make the best if it.

Oh yeah, the diet is your responsibility. The healthier you eat the better you feel, but I think you already know this... Good luck

tjbruno

tjbruno

Awards
I went through the same thing man. Was working 9 hour days, 6 days a week at a job where I was making a lot of money, but was beating me up physically. I was going to the gym at 10 at night but was already mentally and physically tired by the time I got there.

If you were to get equipment at your new place I am sure that will help you. In my case, I ultimately decided to seek out a new career, so idk how much help I can be lol

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I work 48 hours on/48 hours off. I have a small gym I can use at work. I know how you feel. sometimes I'll be working for 10 hours straight and then have to suck it up and find the motivation to go in and squat at 9pm

Maybe figure out how I make going to the gym enjoyable again? Let it feel like a hobby, something to look forward to doing.

sinkheadhxc

Awards
It's just a season bro, do what you can to stay motivated. My only suggestion would be go to bed earlier and wake up early and train then. That may help you feel better throughout the day. Yes I have had similar circumstances. We as people are only given so many hours in the day, and only so much energy (emotional and physical) to spend throughout the day. Sounds like you got your priorities in order tho. So just make the best if it.

Oh yeah, the diet is your responsibility. The healthier you eat the better you feel, but I think you already know this... Good luck
thanks for the positive words. i have been considering hitting it in the morning, but my roommates would probably flip if i was doing deadlifts at 4am haha. once i move i may have to partake. anyone who does it likes training in the morning better, it seems.

as far as the diet, i think its just that lack of sleep on top of stress = cravings bs thats got me pounding the donuts. my body may just be adjusting to the new sleep schedule and added pressure as well, so i'm just all out of whack. need to break free of this garbage

sinkheadhxc

Awards
I went through the same thing man. Was working 9 hour days, 6 days a week at a job where I was making a lot of money, but was beating me up physically. I was going to the gym at 10 at night but was already mentally and physically tired by the time I got there.

If you were to get equipment at your new place I am sure that will help you. In my case, I ultimately decided to seek out a new career, so idk how much help I can be lol
i've hit gold doing electrical in gas and industriaL, so finding a new position isn't even an option lol.

luckily, i got a butt ton of equipment (power rack, gym mats, so ive always trained at home. i almost feel as if that could be a reason too. since im at home and tired i'm just like "**** it". maybe hitting a gym would be a bit motivating... i just hate the gym.

sinkheadhxc

Awards
I work 48 hours on/48 hours off. I have a small gym I can use at work. I know how you feel. sometimes I'll be working for 10 hours straight and then have to suck it up and find the motivation to go in and squat at 9pm

Maybe figure out how I make going to the gym enjoyable again? Let it feel like a hobby, something to look forward to doing.
i do still look forwarding to doing it, but when i get home im exhausted as hell. like i mentioned just a bit ago i train at home, so maybe a gym would be a nice change of setting for a while. or it will make me realize again how i'm lucky to have my own rack haha

tjbruno

tjbruno

Awards
training in the morning is a good suggestion, it will give you energy and you 'll feel ready to tackle the workload you got.

the only ****ty part is dragging your ass out of bed that early and having to shower at the gym with all the retired naked people lol

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
i do still look forwarding to doing it, but when i get home im exhausted as hell. like i mentioned just a bit ago i train at home, so maybe a gym would be a nice change of setting for a while. or it will make me realize again how i'm lucky to have my own rack haha
I know what its like to have that schedule man. I di almost that exact same thing for a year but I was going to a gym. It makes all the difference in the world. Find a gym close to your work and get up an hour earlier. It will suck at first but once you fall into the habit you will be stoked.