THC - Maryjewona cons & pros?

Kilo G

Kilo G

Awards
Fellas I been thinking about this issue a lot, pot... Is it good for ya?... Well there's a lot of opinions out there about it and I've heard almost everybody's opinion on it, except of my fellow gym goers.

What is your guys opinion on pot? Can it be useful or beneficial in any way? Does anybody know if it produces any catabolic process in your body (if you don't munch out)? Or can it be a useful tool during bulking cycle (obviously if you have a poor appetite)?

I just recently restarted smoking around August, at that time I was religiously attending the gym. But after restarting I kinda got lazy and cut the gym visits by half. Now it's kinda a drag to get up and go to the gym. Now I don't know wether it's the pot that made me lazy or just the summer season which tends to demotivate gym goers mid way. :-/

Anyhow cons and pros about the topic?

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Fellas I been thinking about this issue a lot, pot... Is it good for ya?... Well there's a lot of opinions out there about it and I've heard almost everybody's opinion on it, except of my fellow gym goers.

What is your guys opinion on pot? Can it be useful or beneficial in any way? Does anybody know if it produces any catabolic process in your body (if you don't munch out)? Or can it be a useful tool during bulking cycle (obviously if you have a poor appetite)?

I just recently restarted smoking around August, at that time I was religiously attending the gym. But after restarting I kinda got lazy and cut the gym visits by half. Now it's kinda a drag to get up and go to the gym. Now I don't know wether it's the pot that made me lazy or just the summer season which tends to demotivate gym goers mid way. :-/

New documentary with sanjay gupttuh * probably spelled wrong* shows it to be less harmful than alcohol but still has some issues. I personally smoke rarely. Stay away from it as a bodybuilding drug. Alot of people think its okay because arnold did it. He also has done cocaine and heroin so nice try fanboy logic. Personal choice at the end of the day.

If you need it as a crutch * to build muscle or get in calories* you're weak minded. The way I feel anyway

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established

I'd say it has its place and is proven to be fairly safe at this point. Now is it a bodybuilding drug meh maybe if you just can't eat or as a pain killer while on metyls I would say its up to you to decide.

bigflex0

bigflex0

Awards
If you find something keeping you from doing what you otherwise would have done, ie. training, and you regret not doing it you have to ask yourself if what you did, ie. smoking, is worth keeping you from doing what you wanted to otherwise do. Simply is what weed gives you worth training less to you?

jdarkraget

Awards
Making it to the gym is a choice. Sounds like your choosing the pot over the gym. As for it aiding in bodybuiding, speaking from experience I think it has its place for certain people. It was a fantastic way for me to relax from the high of lifting and it assured my post workout cals were going to be sufficient. I've also never slept better than when I was smoking.

Low stress levels, sufficient cals and amazing sleep were key to recovering from the high volume lifting I was doing at the time.

PS don't smoke anymore but would if it was legal.

Kilo G

Kilo G

Awards
New documentary with sanjay gupttuh * probably spelled wrong* shows it to be less harmful than alcohol but still has some issues. I personally smoke rarely. Stay away from it as a bodybuilding drug. Alot of people think its okay because arnold did it. He also has done cocaine and heroin so nice try fanboy logic. Personal choice at the end of the day.

If you need it as a crutch * to build muscle or get in calories* you're weak minded. The way I feel anyway
Personally I don't use it for anything other than the stress relieving effects and decreasing herniated disc pain. It just so happens to be I'm a former athlete and still hitting the gym. What I need to do is stop smoking because of the appetite that's hard to control.(munchiez) I'm prescribed mmj here in CO but, I feel like getting high may be a cause to the lethargic feeling that one may get through out the day. Either way I'm thinking about smoking less right now.

It probly has a big difference if one smokes before or after the gym in the am or pm?

Kilo G

Kilo G

Awards
Making it to the gym is a choice. Sounds like your choosing the pot over the gym. As for it aiding in bodybuiding, speaking from experience I think it has its place for certain people. It was a fantastic way for me to relax from the high of lifting and it assured my post workout cals were going to be sufficient. I've also never slept better than when I was smoking.

Low stress levels, sufficient cals and amazing sleep were key to recovering from the high volume lifting I was doing at the time.

PS don't smoke anymore but would if it was legal.
So you would probly smoke only after hitting the gym?

jdarkraget

Awards
Back when I did smoke it was basically all the time except for before my workouts. If I could now it would be post workout and right before bed. Also the high you get can very greatly depending on what strain your smoking. Some strains would give me a great mind high and I could focus amazingly well at work and time would fly by. Others would make getting off the couch a huge task. If you smoke in the morning try a sativa strain with a cup of coffee. It always made me feel fantastic and didnt have to worry about the lethargic feeling.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I only eat it now and on occasion vaporize. I stopped smoking years ago, but with it being legal here, I just run down to my local shop and grab it whenever I want. For me, it is perfect for great sleep (indica), bulks, and fun on the weekends before a run or bike ride. There are many more pros than cons.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
If you find something keeping you from doing what you otherwise would have done, ie. training, and you regret not doing it you have to ask yourself if what you did, ie. smoking, is worth keeping you from doing what you wanted to otherwise do. Simply is what weed gives you worth training less to you?
I received a medical card for it in my state but rarely use it myself I really keep it for a pain killer as needed on rare occasions. Using it in this way has not really any effect on my motivation. Anything can have adverse side effects when abused.

WormyJackal

WormyJackal

Awards
I have used cannabis for over 12 years now. Edibles are the best for recovery.

WormyJackal

WormyJackal

Awards
And a little vaporizer action before a little light cardio day

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sativa would have me running for hours. That is why I love it before a long ride.

Fitness_Freak

Fitness_Freak

Awards
A bowl preworkout, a bowl post workout, been smoking/lifting consistently for almost 3 years. I feel a good bowl and a protein shake after a workout is amazing. Wouldn't want to give it up. Also a bowl before bed and you will get 8 hours like its your job!

WormyJackal

WormyJackal

Awards
A bowl preworkout, a bowl post workout, been smoking/lifting consistently for almost 3 years. I feel a good bowl and a protein shake after a workout is amazing. Wouldn't want to give it up. Also a bowl before bed and you will get 8 hours like its your job!
This guy gets it

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I smoke all the time. I know it doesn't do me any good but I just don't let it mess up my day and workout.

There are many of these exact threads all over the Internet. And the bottom line is it effects everybody differently.

I've heard it raises estrogen and that is the only con I hear of. Do you guys think it raises estrogen?

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Personally I don't use it for anything other than the stress relieving effects and decreasing herniated disc pain. It just so happens to be I'm a former athlete and still hitting the gym. What I need to do is stop smoking because of the appetite that's hard to control.(munchiez) I'm prescribed mmj here in CO but, I feel like getting high may be a cause to the lethargic feeling that one may get through out the day. Either way I'm thinking about smoking less right now.

It probly has a big difference if one smokes before or after the gym in the am or pm?
Are you using it for its medical benefits or its recreational abilities because there are ways to get the body stimulation without the high.
check out this article
http://www.alternet.org/personal-health/juicing-raw-cannabis-miracle-health-cure-some-its-proponents-believe-it-be

mstep

mstep

Awards
  • Established
only toke up after gym if anything. hate it though cuz i cant stop eating lol last binge i had was was takin a trip to wendys, taco bell, burger king and wingstop one after the other with my guys. but i cut down on smokin, it did make me lazy as hell

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have 5 strains that I go to depending on how I need/want to feel. I get it in wax, bud, and mint chocolate. I hope everyone gets to experience what we do here in CO and how it can help things.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
only toke up after gym if anything. hate it though cuz i cant stop eating lol last binge i had was was takin a trip to wendys, taco bell, burger king and wingstop one after the other with my guys. but i cut down on smokin, it did make me lazy as hell
You ate something from each place in one trip?!!!! diarrhea.gif

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I use to be anti pot but now I don't care. I won't do it myself because of work but I wont knock anyone who does it.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
I don't mind people who smoke on occasion but I won't hang out with stoners. Been there done that lol take away the weed and they have nothing to talk about

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There is little that is more annoying than stoners. Even my friends that own dispensaries hate talking to them because they have nothing to say that doesn't involve weed and they just hang out forever wasting space.

bigflex0

bigflex0

Awards
There is little that is more annoying than stoners. Even my friends that own dispensaries hate talking to them because they have nothing to say that doesn't involve weed and they just hang out forever wasting space.
This goes for anyone that is obsessive about anything. Talk to an obsessive gym rat and all they talk about is bb, same goes for other sports, politics, religion and so on.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For me, the only thing that is more annoying than talk about weed guy, is fantasy football guy. And I love weed and football. lol

The second I start hearing about politics or religion, I cringe and look for an exit.

islandiron

islandiron

Awards
For me, the only thing that is more annoying than talk about weed guy, is fantasy football guy. And I love weed and football. lol

The second I start hearing about politics or religion, I cringe and look for an exit.
Lol I hear that!! You hit it dead on Kisaj.

bigflex0

bigflex0

Awards
Well there are certain subjects, ie drugs, religion, politics or a combination of all three that generally no one is changing their mind on and debate almost always turns south and the parties that otherwise get along are now mad at each other. Never worth it lol.

Fitness_Freak

Fitness_Freak

Awards
Marijuana shouldn't even be considered a drug, and even if it is considered as a drug, (its rating on a scale 1-10, 10 being the worst) would be no higher than a 2. Alcohol and Tobacco would be in the top 7-10 for sure! Just look at death tolls, anyone with an IQ exceeding a 10 year olds should realize this blatant obviousness.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Marijuana shouldn't even be considered a drug, and even if it is considered as a drug, (its rating on a scale 1-10, 10 being the worst) would be no higher than a 2. Alcohol and Tobacco would be in the top 7-10 for sure! Just look at death tolls, anyone with an IQ exceeding a 10 year olds should realize this blatant obviousness.
This isn't about that but sense you brought it up lets talk about lung damage,impaired senses,and the negative effects.

Positives too.

Mj reduces accute pain. Increases hunger for those who cant *wont* eat enough.

Negatives

Mj may*conflicting studies* increase estrogen and lower testosterone. Mj has a major negative effect on neuro transmitters. Mj even when vaporized causes lung damage*for those of you who argue this please go back to school and learn how extra mass via breathing anythig causes air way resistance and mj in its vapor form is heavier than commen air* mj has high risk for dependency*look at that documentary*. Although effects unlike overdose from other drugs you CAN overdose to the point you are impaired*Especally for non frequent smokers*

Safer than alcohol? Yes in my opinion but skewed studies and here say make this almost undetermined. If a person gets in a wreck who had both alcohol and weed in their body how can we tell if the weed or the booze caused the crash?

Do I think it should be illegal? No. Although I would like to point out the fact people will do it anyway and its rather easy to find.

In closing. I take some things that wouldn't be considered healthy. I cant tell you what to do except what works for you. Im not anti mj im just very careful about what I put in my body.

Lets leave the legal argument out and give this guy our opinions about what he has asked

If he cant bodybuild without weed he shouldnt be doing it at all in my honest opinion

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
childish and for teenagers IMO. could care less if it was legal or illegal.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
This isn't about that but sense you brought it up lets talk about lung damage,impaired senses,and the negative effects.

Positives too.

Mj reduces accute pain. Increases hunger for those who cant *wont* eat enough.

Negatives

Mj may*conflicting studies* increase estrogen and lower testosterone. Mj has a major negative effect on neuro transmitters. Mj even when vaporized causes lung damage*for those of you who argue this please go back to school and learn how extra mass via breathing anythig causes air way resistance and mj in its vapor form is heavier than commen air* mj has high risk for dependency*look at that documentary*. Although effects unlike overdose from other drugs you CAN overdose to the point you are impaired*Especally for non frequent smokers*

Safer than alcohol? Yes in my opinion but skewed studies and here say make this almost undetermined. If a person gets in a wreck who had both alcohol and weed in their body how can we tell if the weed or the booze caused the crash?

Do I think it should be illegal? No. Although I would like to point out the fact people will do it anyway and its rather easy to find.

In closing. I take some things that wouldn't be considered healthy. I cant tell you what to do except what works for you. Im not anti mj im just very careful about what I put in my body.

Lets leave the legal argument out and give this guy our opinions about what he has asked

If he cant bodybuild without weed he shouldnt be doing it at all in my honest opinion
I understand you're careful about what you put in your body but don't you/haven't you used steroids/PHs? Steroids and PH's are much much much more dangerous than weed. I dont smoke it anymore but anyone who has used clenbuteral or any other toxic drug that really ****s with your hormones has no right to speak on the issue. Also alcohol is lethal. Studies show alcohol is linked to more than half of all violent crimes in America. Also some studies show driving is affected by weed and I don't think people should smoke and drive but alcohol takes the cake. If someone said to me pick the safer drug..epistane or pot..I would choose the pot...I mean pot doesn't **** with your cholesterol, liver and other lipid values at all. Steroids and PH's do and can have long lasting damaging physical and psychological effects of the person doesn't know what they're doing. Someone can smoke pot, have no idea what they're doing and I can tell you they won't have any damaging effects

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
I understand you're careful about what you put in your body but don't you/haven't you used steroids/PHs? Steroids and PH's are much much much more dangerous than weed. I dont smoke it anymore but anyone who has used clenbuteral or any other toxic drug that really ****s with your hormones has no right to speak on the issue. Also alcohol is lethal. Studies show alcohol is linked to more than half of all violent crimes in America. Also some studies show driving is affected by weed and I don't think people should smoke and drive but alcohol takes the cake. If someone said to me pick the safer drug..epistane or pot..I would choose the pot...I mean pot doesn't **** with your cholesterol, liver and other lipid values at all. Steroids and PH's do and can have long lasting damaging physical and psychological effects of the person doesn't know what they're doing. Someone can smoke pot, have no idea what they're doing and I can tell you they won't have any damaging effects
Again the question was the ops question. Dont put me under the microscope. I already said I do unhealthy things. Never denied that fact. This is not about my use and to justify yourself or anyone else on something someone else did means your a complete follower. This is the last post on the matter for me. This has turned into a fustercluck as all topics on mj on these fourms do.

Answer the op based on your own opinion not on something I did.

Fitness_Freak

Fitness_Freak

Awards
childish and for teenagers IMO. could care less if it was legal or illegal.
How the HELL is it childish? Are you kidding? Its a healthier alternative to tobacco and alcohol. Its has pain relieving effects and gives overly stressed people a way to relax. If anything is childish it would be alcohol, alcohol alters your state of mind 10 times worse than mj. Not to mention numerous studies have shown cannabis to help cancer patients, what do you think alcohol or tobacco would do for a cancer patient? OK sorry, I'm done.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How the HELL is it childish? Are you kidding? Its a healthier alternative to tobacco and alcohol. Its has pain relieving effects and gives overly stressed people a way to relax. If anything is childish it would be alcohol, alcohol alters your state of mind 10 times worse than mj. Not to mention numerous studies have shown cannabis to help cancer patients, what do you think alcohol or tobacco would do for a cancer patient? OK sorry, I'm done.
Do you have cancer or do you smoke it to get high?

Your doctor prescribe it for chronic pain?

You're argument is ridiculous. Hell, most drugs have legitimate medical uses but to use them for purposes other than that is childish.

Hell, you're argument was childish.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
settled down child

there's better drugs for cancer patients than a weed, tobacco, and alcohol, and pills for pain relieving.

Hey man, you should be a doctor or something. You seem to be onto how getting high can solve the worlds problems. Patent it!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
there's better drugs for cancer patients than a weed, tobacco, and alcohol, and pills for pain relieving.

Hey man, you should be a doctor or something. You seem to be onto how getting high can solve the worlds problems. Patent it!
...and you should be working for a big pharm! To say it is better to take prescription pills that we all see wreck lives, than to get the same effect (if not better), from a natural substance, then you are just close minded and no better than the pill pushers. Just because you don't understand doesn't mean those that do or are open to understanding, are being childish.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
...and you should be working for a big pharm! To say it is better to take prescription pills that we all see wreck lives, than to get the same effect (if not better), from a natural substance, then you are just close minded and no better than the pill pushers. Just because you don't understand doesn't mean those that do or are open to understanding, are being childish.
I've seen marijuana wreck more lives than prescription pills.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And again, you aren't using it for any of the medical benefits you're basing your argument on.

You're using it to GET HIGH, which is extraordinarily childish.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
I do ;)

dang you're right. 100% of people prescribed pills = ruined lives!

usually people who abuse prescription drugs, don't have prescriptions.

Fitness_Freak

Fitness_Freak

Awards
Hey doc, I just got out of surgery. Got my shoulder redone. It KILLS, got any weed?

seems logical.
Oh, and pain killers are much better? Have you read what they do to your liver? Not to mention how addictive some of them are. But hey, I guess you're right, cramming a whole bunch of man made chemicals into your body must be safer than inhaling a plant. At the end of the day, marijuana related deaths- 0, (even if its used recreationally), pharmaceuticals, alcohol, and tobacco related deaths- too many to count. I'm just glad I'm not as naive as you are.

And according to the guy who keeps calling it "childish", anything that alters the mind or body should be considered childish. It seems to me you should explore mj a little more before you start hating on a plant that will soon be the preferred recreational choice across America.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
Oh, and pain killers are much better? Have you read what they do to your liver? Not to mention how addictive some of them are. But hey, I guess you're right, cramming a whole bunch of man made chemicals into your body must be safer than inhaling a plant. At the end of the day, marijuana related deaths- 0, (even if its used recreationally), pharmaceuticals, alcohol, and tobacco related deaths- too many to count. I'm just glad I'm not as naive as you are.

And according to the guy who keeps calling it "childish", anything that alters the mind or body should be considered childish. It seems to me you should explore mj a little more before you start hating on a plant that will soon be the preferred recreational choice across America.
lol way to derail this thread!

"What is your guys opinion on pot? Can it be useful or beneficial in any way? Does anybody know if it produces any catabolic process in your body (if you don't munch out)? Or can it be a useful tool during bulking cycle (obviously if you have a poor appetite)? "

was the original question. if you came out of surgery, you'd want painkillers. Idc if it's legal or not, I find pot childish, not everything. Obviously your opinion is superior to mine ;)

Fitness_Freak

Fitness_Freak

Awards
was the original question. if you came out of surgery, you'd want painkillers. Idc if it's legal or not, I find pot childish, not everything. Obviously your opinion is superior to mine ;)[/QUOTE]

No, I value your opinion, its the facts you've presented that are inferior.

I just can't believe that someone would label smoking marijuana childish, its a farce. But I guess I'm a child because I like to smoke a joint before bed because it induces a better sleep, or smoke a bowl on a day off from work and go golfing, because the reality is it makes activities more enjoyable without the harshness of tobacco and the pure evil of alcohol. Maybe its not for you, but for others yes. Everyone reacts to everything differently, and if you want to sit there and call it childish, then I'll sit here and contradict you all day long.

Yes, there are potheads out there whose main purpose is to smoke weed, and all they do is give it a bad reputation, but there are plenty of us out here that are educated and know the qualities to which it can and will produce.

This guys tread was derailed from the 3rd page before I even presented any contradictory statements.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Marijuana side effects for those who claim it is the holy Grail of safe medicine because its natural.

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-947-MARIJUANA.aspx?activeIngredientId=947&activeIngredientName=MARIJUANA

Which is certainly besides the point that every "counter"argument to mine has not addressed anything in my argument.

I'll list it for those who are mentally impaired from long term marijuana use.

1. Marijuana has MEDICAL application when under the supervised care of a medical PROFESSIONAL. It has its own pros/cons as does any other prescribed drug.

2. Those arguing for it are NOT using it for medical purposes and are using it to get HIGH yet are arguing based upon its medical uses.

Now, notice that nowhere in there do I say anything about how alcohol OR tobacco OR prescription medication are any better than marijuana. I personally don't use ANY of those substances at all, and I think that using anything to alter your mental function so that you can get high is extremely childish.

And to the guy who thinks that nothing bad has EVER come from smoking marijuana people have died of lung cancer from smoking it. Besides the long term mental effects it has (declining of memory, critical thinking skills, etc.)